Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #1

YouTube Video Converting & Uploading Procedure

Group,

I have been asked by several people how to convert and upload a video to Youtube & or a website. I thought I would simply post a general procedure for all to see.

Some of you may have other ways of doing it...that is fine...this is not "the only" way...or "the best" way...it is simply a very good "FREE" way of doing it, that is quite simple for the average user. 8)

This youtube video converting & uploading procedure assumes the user has a windows operating system...and has unchecked "hide extensions for known file types". To do this open any folder on your computer such as "my computer"...then go to the "tools" tab at the top of the window...then choose "folder options"...then go to the "view" tab...then UNCKECK the "hide extensions for known file types" box...this will allow you to see the extensions of files you produce.

The youtube video converting & uploading procedure is as follows:

Go here:
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/d...to-YouTube.htm

Download the free "youtube uploader"...it's the little link on left hand side above the procedure where it says "Step One"...click that...download it to your desktop...

Once it is downloaded, double click it and install it...then launch it...it will ask you to log into your youtube account...(if you haven't already gotten a youtube account...go there http://www.youtube.com and sign up...it's free...once you have done that and confirmed you registration via email...now you can enter your reg info into the youtube uploader app you just installed. Now look on your desktop where the app put a couple shortcuts...one of the shortcuts is for an app called "free studio manager"...double click it...on the top of the app are a few tabs...click the one called "video"...then click on the "convert video to flv(+html and player)"...it will inform you that you need to download and install the "free video to flash converter"...click ok...download it...install it...

Now once that is installed, run it...click the continue button if needed...then click browse and add a video you would like to convert to the flv format (this is the youtube flash video format). Leave all the settings at default for now...it can handle all types of video , avi, mpeg, mov...etc...so no worries...

Hit convert...it will do it's thing...and when it is done..you will see a couple files on your desktop...or wherever you told it to put the converted file. You will see the "xxxx.NEW.flv" file (where xxxx is the original file name)...you will also see the player file...and an html file...

Now you can upload...either to youtube...or to your own website...or webhost. If you choose to upload to your own website...just upload all three of those files to your website..and point people to the actual file name of the html file the app produced, plus your website name...like so:
"www.blahblah.com/mynewridingvid.html"

If you choose to upload to youtube...go back to the "youtube uploader" app...and log in as your youtube account...then browse to the file you converted (the flv file)...add it...then give a title...description...add tags that describe the type of file (like motorcycle, dual sport, action video, baking a cake...whatever) this will help other users find the video when searching for stuff on youtube...

Follow the rest of the prompts...and upload your video...then post the link to the youtube video, on this forum or wherever...

That's it...it is not nearly as tough as this long winded procedure would make you think...do it once or twice and you'll have it down...

I hope this helps...

I look forward to checking out all your vids...

Enjoy...
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 08-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #2

Thankyou for breaking it down for the illiterate ones like me.

It worked great.

Allen

Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #3

I only have 1 decent vid. I'm a ludite, anti tech. The only reason my vid is cool is cause I was holding the cam in my left hand while on a long ride. I swiveled the cam to show the scenery, and it looks like I drive into another vehicle in the on-coming lane. 8O

Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to 450-WheelieBoyz
Doh!

You guys should probably pin this post.

For mac users.
simply, type the following.

[youtube]xyxy[/youtube]

Copy the last part of the video Url that is after the = sign
ex. tube.com/watchv=89hq87Vki2E

and replace "xyxy" by the "89hq87Vki2E"

Thats it!

-2011 X31 Gio 250cc-
Mikuni Upgrade
Air filter
Hydro-clutch

Reppin -> Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Last edited by 450-WheelieBoyz; 05-22-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #5

This information may be outdated.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:11 AM   #6

Is this information still good or has this process changed or become different in 2016 since 2007? One would think that loading a short vid would be as simple as loading a pic now.
Anyone?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-05-2016, 12:30 AM   #7

I simply highlight the URL of the Youtube video and post it in a message. Voila.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I simply highlight the URL of the Youtube video and post it in a message. Voila.
That's the same method I employ.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

Ok...thanks! Time to figure out how to load a video to You Tube, I spose......
Sounds like I better "volunteer" one of my nephews for some assistance! ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350