Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2023, 11:45 AM   #211

Awesome thanks for that info. ill give those a try. Ill continue to look for that rear shock, hopefully we can find a nice replacement

Old 06-23-2023, 10:38 PM   #212

BTW, I need to make a correction. I stated shock length at 480mm length, in fact it is 460mm in length. My bad, read my notes wrong.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:22 PM   #213

Head Scratching Any plugs on street legal light kits? Installation hacks?

Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
*I’ll document the work as I do it and post so future ppl can reference.

Old 11-11-2023, 07:13 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan250 View Post
Sorry if this is off topic but I’m in a bind… I bought my xpro titan 250 recently off fb marketplace but it only came with the led headlight, I got pulled over and ticketed for no lights and no speedometer/instrument cluster.
Has anyone else converted this model to be street legal? If so, please provide links to the gear and any info on installation. I can’t find any wiring diagrams, videos or anything on this bike.
I need it for my main form of transportation and have to have it modified with 3 weeks otherwise I’ll be stuck paying the tickets on top of making the upgrades. Thanks in advance.
A couple questions. Does your bike have any lighting other than the led headlight? Is there an open electrical connector in the headlight or a speed sensor near the front wheel for speedo hookup? Is there any wiring loose around the rear fender for tail/brake light? Mine came street legal with all wiring and lighting in place.

Old 12-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #215

Wanted bring this thread back to life, anybody make any more improvements? Bump into any more issues? Its off season no and I want to give my bike some love.

Also, anyone have a solution for kickstand angle? i hate how far this one sits from the bike.

Old 12-29-2023, 07:08 PM   #216

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1991 View Post
Wanted bring this thread back to life, anybody make any more improvements? Bump into any more issues? Its off season no and I want to give my bike some love.

Also, anyone have a solution for kickstand angle? i hate how far this one sits from the bike.
I changed out the 15wt fork oil for synthetic ATF. The 15wt was hammering my wrists pretty hard over braking bumps. The ATF is much more supple in action. On my kickstand I stole the accessory "foot" off my Kawasaki 300 and installed. Nice angle afterward, an e-bay special. Happy tinkering.

Old 01-02-2024, 03:28 PM   #217

Can you send me a link to that foot? I have also developed a leak around my Stator wires. anyone have any experience with that issue?

Old 01-03-2024, 07:21 AM   #218

Quote:
Can you send me a link to that foot? I have also developed a leak around my Stator wires. anyone have any experience with that issue?
I searched my e-bay purchases back to 2020, no luck finding the link. Sorry. My foot was purchased for a 2017 Kawasaki versys kle 300, bolted right on. I've no info on your leak issue, good luck.

Old 01-03-2024, 08:21 AM   #219

Quote:
I know this is too late to help you ,but there are kits available to convert dirt bikes and atv’s into road legal bikes ,they include a blinker switch ,relay and everything to install blinkers ,a horn ,a brake light switch .I get them through a local Kimpex dealer for about $50.00 , the stuff is cheap and just universal but it works and will help you out .
Polisport sells a universal bike headlight-front number plate kit ,like for a competition enduro ,and a universal rear fender with a light ,I have not purchased the rear fender in years ,not sure if the current offering has a dual filament light (running light and brake light ) ,I used to have to swap the pigtail in the housing but pretty sure a new one would probably be l.e.d. Lighting ,so you might have to monkey with that .

Old 01-04-2024, 04:16 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by severely View Post
BTW, I need to make a correction. I stated shock length at 480mm length, in fact it is 460mm in length. My bad, read my notes wrong.
Did you ever buy a new shock? I have been debating it for months but cant find much information on shocks for these bikes that would be a improvement over stock.

Old 01-04-2024, 08:56 PM   #221

Smile

Quote:
Did you ever buy a new shock? I have been debating it for months but cant find much information on shocks for these bikes that would be a improvement over stock.
No, I haven't gotten a new shock yet. I kind of put it on the back burner, been busy adjusting the front and rear suspension and getting more acquainted with the bike handling wise. Thanks for asking.

Old 01-08-2024, 11:36 AM   #222

What was the front fork fluid capacity you felt was the best? I heard they arrive under filled so that volume isn't a good marker.

Old 01-08-2024, 12:35 PM   #223

Quote:
Missouri law doesn't mention a speedometer, not required as far a I know. Check your laws and go to court if you can. Tell the judge that you are working on the remaining items needed in your State. You can show him receipts, and tell him you will bring back the State police inspection certificate when it is compete if he will delay his judgment. I'd be shocked if the judge isn't understanding! They want safe roads more than penalties.

There is an excellent quick reference table with a map showing which States apply to each requirements:
https://www.dirtlegal.com/blog/how-t...e-street-legal

But you should check your States requirements to show the judge! This article may not be perfect

I am going through this with the KTM smoker now, so I've been lookin' into it

Old 01-08-2024, 07:56 PM   #224

Smile

Quote:
What was the front fork fluid capacity you felt was the best? I heard they arrive under filled so that volume isn't a good marker.
I initially used 15 wt at 280cc, really hammered my wrists in braking bumps. My last change was synthetic ATF at 250cc, much better ride quality and braking bumps I no longer avoided.

Old 01-09-2024, 11:38 AM   #225

Awesome. my goal is when I get to 500 miles on her ill swap out the fork fluid. I did add 75cc of fluid of 15w when I bought it and saw a huge benefit over whatever was in there stock. I definitely will give the ATF a try