Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #1

Exclamation HAWK 250 Electrical Issues

Folks, looking for some help please...

Other day I was out riding my bike, when I was done for the day I stopped and shut it off, and then tried to restart using the electric start. There was absolutely no juice whatsoever.

It was running kind of crappy right before I stopped, like it was missing or something... Horn, lights, turn signals - all worked before it started running crappy, I didn't check them again before I stopped.

Found I had blown a fuse, replaced it and now everything works EXCEPT the turn signals..

Anyone have a wiring diagram, or ideas as to where to start checking (yes, I know start at the lights, work backwards from there).. Looking for any known issues, or if not that, then similar ones to help understand why it blew the fuse in the first place, to ensure it doesn't happen again...

Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #2

Start at the turn signal switch wiring harness. If you have a volt meter use it. If you dont pick up one at Harbor Freight. There only about $5.00 with its help I bet you'll find the problem. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #3

Fuses blow because of a short to ground .It sounds like you have an intermittent problem which will make it tougher to diagnose .I am aware of no known electrical trouble spots on a hawk ,so I suggest you go through each circuit one by one and check all the wiring for rub through insulation ,loose connections ,and broken components .

Old 04-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #4

Thanks for the assistance guys - it is exactly what I am running into (intermittent) and where I planned to start tonight.. If I find anything, including a way to map the wiring, I'll post it up.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #5

Sounds to me like you may have a wire with the covering worn away. Look at all the places on the bike where the harness is held by those metal wire wraps that are on the frame. Also look for sharp/rough/burred edges that the harness could rub against.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #6

Angry Actual depiction of the issue

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #7

My suggestion is to look real closely at triple tree neck area . Bars turn back and forth causing friction issues in that area. Seemed a good share of bikes with issues in that area . Good luck

Old 04-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #8

So, for those folks interested... there was a wire shorting out against the frame, due to being crushed between the frame and the gas tank. This short caused the turn signal relay/flasher to literally melt.

I repaired the wire, and replaced the relay/flasher with a universal fit from the parts store... Problem solved!!!!

Thanks for the feedback (and the picture of the 'actual problem'!!) Appreciate it guys!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvw32 View Post
So, for those folks interested... there was a wire shorting out against the frame, due to being crushed between the frame and the gas tank. This short caused the turn signal relay/flasher to literally melt.

I repaired the wire, and replaced the relay/flasher with a universal fit from the parts store... Problem solved!!!!

Thanks for the feedback (and the picture of the 'actual problem'!!) Appreciate it guys!
And you resolved the aggravating beeping at the same time.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-10-2020, 10:55 PM   #10
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to RobRealz Send a message via AIM to RobRealz Send a message via Yahoo to RobRealz
i need to know what was the part number for th relay/flasher and from what part store

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvw32 View Post

i need to know what was the part number for the relay/flasher and from what part store specifically?

Old 09-11-2020, 12:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRealz View Post
i need to know what was the part number for the relay/flasher and from what part store specifically?
Generic flasher for motorcycle pitbikes etc.
Ebay n you can visually see
China parts are done by eye not by part numbers so much

Old 12-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #12

Where was that fuse at that popped? I actually just experienced this the other day and I am also looking for some help. I apologize I can’t help you further but definitely searching for this fuse because I got no juice on my E start either but turn signals were working and currently there is no headlight on, when I bought the bike it was not attached so I gotta mount that, but never had any issues with that before. While I got some words on this message can anyone tell me where they go to buy their parts for hawk 250? I’ve had trouble with a couple sites so just trying to get some input

Thanks for the help guys ��

Tags
electrical, hawk 250, lights, starting