Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #1

Head Scratching Where to buy CDI for Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)

Howdy Yall,

Does anyone know where to purchase a CDI box for Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200).

I noticed a lot of links in "Spudriders" posts are broken and I am not having any luck finding the replacement I need.

My CDI is an 8 pin which reads CDI ZS067-001

HCDJ200SZ 612061

Old 10-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #2

You need to look at your style of connector to be 100% positive, but this 8 pin Lifan unit should work , https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pin-Ignit...YAAOSwhhRbc5SG

Most of the CDI's are common between chinese bikes so the same CDI box is used across a range of CC sized motors as long as they share the same number of pin configuration. ,that particular one is listed as both Lifan and Zhong Shen compatible .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 10-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
You need to look at your style of connector to be 100% positive, but this 8 pin Lifan unit should work , https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pin-Ignit...YAAOSwhhRbc5SG

Most of the CDI's are common between chinese bikes so the same CDI box is used across a range of CC sized motors as long as they share the same number of pin configuration. ,that particular one is listed as both Lifan and Zhong Shen compatible .
Thanks RedCrow, it seems like all of them come on the slow boat from china, I will order and hurry up and wait I reckon.

Thanks again for the information provided. I hate to wait a month or so but I guess that is the only option.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #4

I recently ordered a spare AC-CDI for my Zongshen from AliExpess:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1923...27424c4dPlkxiK

Just be careful when selecting the "color", order the AC-CDI unit. The DC-CDI might work with some minor rewiring, from what I saw in spud's stickies, but there's no report of anyone actually trying it.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #5

You can try matching it up with the cdi from the brozz or the Csc if you want one sooner ,also Beatrice cycle would have them and many many other more local shops .

Old 10-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #6

Possibly china and I recall there being 2 options.
Maybe a TW200 is a match as it’s a Yamaha TW200 engine

Old 10-04-2020, 03:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRider View Post
I recently ordered a spare AC-CDI for my Zongshen from AliExpess:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1923...27424c4dPlkxiK

Just be careful when selecting the "color", order the AC-CDI unit. The DC-CDI might work with some minor rewiring, from what I saw in spud's stickies, but there's no report of anyone actually trying it.
Different animal but yes CG or CB generic can convert from AC to DC in 10 seconds no issue

Old 10-04-2020, 04:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Possibly china and I recall there being 2 options.
Maybe a TW200 is a match as it’s a Yamaha TW200 engine

From what I recall from Spud"s stickies, a TW200 CDI will work but with some intermediate difficulty changes to the wiring, as the kill-switch circuitry/logic is more complex. By the same logic, the Zong CDI will work on a TW200 with similar rewiring. The main difference is cost, as the Yamaha part is way, way more expensive.

I am not sure what you mean by "different animal", but ordering from that vendor I was delivered an original Zongshen Motors part

Old 10-04-2020, 04:44 AM   #9

Quote:
From what I recall from Spud"s stickies, a TW200 CDI will work but with some intermediate difficulty changes to the wiring, as the kill-switch circuitry/logic is more complex. By the same logic, the Zong CDI will work on a TW200 with similar rewiring. The main difference is cost, as the Yamaha part is way, way more expensive.

I am not sure what you mean by "different animal", but ordering from that vendor I was delivered an original Zongshen Motors part
You posted a CB type CDI ? Common sort?

Anyway I can get either the AC or DC for the Zongshen 200 just need to ID what is needed

Old 10-04-2020, 04:45 AM   #10

Which is the one you need? I can sell n post from china
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9213456F-EC92-4472-B4E9-AEE8759A02A9.jpeg (40.6 KB, 403 views)

Old 10-04-2020, 04:48 AM   #11

Quote:

I’m wrong your right.... your link is for that bike..
But seems there’s an AC and DC version so easier to just get the correct type etc

Old 10-04-2020, 12:53 PM   #12

By selecting "AC CDI" I was delivered a part with # CDI-Z067-001, which if you cross-reference with Spud's stickies, is the part # for the ZongShen AC-CDI.

However, just in case, it would not harm anything to take out your existing CDI and comparing numbers/markings, in case they are still legible, and in case your particular Zong has been wired for a DC-CDI.

For reference, the original Zongshen DC-CDI part # is DCI-Z067-002.

I know because I had ordered one of each, since I was unsure about my Zong's wiring, and my existing CDI's markings were faded.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #13

Quote:
By selecting "AC CDI" I was delivered a part with # CDI-Z067-001, which if you cross-reference with Spud's stickies, is the part # for the ZongShen AC-CDI.

However, just in case, it would not harm anything to take out your existing CDI and comparing numbers/markings, in case they are still legible, and in case your particular Zong has been wired for a DC-CDI.

I know because I had ordered one of each, since I was unsure about my Zong's wiring, and my existing CDI's markings were faded.
Also you could check wire colors from stator or number of wires
AC wire for CDI typically black with red strip
DC will have black power supply at CDI
I can supply either from China etc

Old 10-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #14

Quote:

I believe mine is the AC CDI from looking at the markings. I wonder if I should purchase a new stator while I'm at it. Maybe I'm overthinking but I just want to get it going so I can enjoy some fall riding here in East Tennessee.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickus View Post
I believe mine is the AC CDI from looking at the markings. I wonder if I should purchase a new stator while I'm at it. Maybe I'm overthinking but I just want to get it going so I can enjoy some fall riding here in East Tennessee.
Look at what stator wire colors you have.
3 yellow and 1 black/red?
Then blue/white as pick up + and green pick up -

I can’t recall if colors where the common like Honda or not

Tags
cdi zongshen