Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Def going to be interesting to see how this all works out. I may have a lead on an old bike from the mid to late 60s called a Tote Goat. From what i am understanding of it so far it is basically an adult sized version of the typical mini bike that spawned your Coleman. Sort of a predecessor to the Rokans.
If you get a chance to pick up a Tote Gote, DO NOT pass on it. I would love to have one. A buddy of mine had a very nice Gote that sat in his storage building for years and years. I tried to buy it many, many times but he would not sell it to me. He moved and we lost contact for awhile but a few years ago, I saw him out and offered him $200 for the Tote Gote. He just look down speechless. He had sold it the previous day for $25. Unbelievable! He had totally forgotten that I asked him about that bike every time I saw him. Even after me tell him over and over, he didn't realize what the Gote was and what he had. He just thought it was a mini bike. Crazy!

The Tote Gote was designed in 1957 and was sold by the Bonham Corporation until they closed in 1970. It was first called the 'Mechanical Gote' and was developed by Ralph Bonham for hunters to carry or 'tote' game animals out of remote hunting grounds.

The Rokon series of motorcycles was first designed in 1958 by Charlie Fehn. It was original named Trailmaker. Nethercutt Industries bought the designs in 1960 and named it Trail-Breaker. The first bikes were manufactured and sold by Nethercutt and Rokon was not founded until 1963 to sell and then, manufacture those bikes when Nethercutt lost interest in them. Ownership of the design and company has changed several times. They are now made in New Hampshire by Tom Blais. The history is very interesting.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II