Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2022, 04:29 PM   #1

Question CSC SG250 exhaust options

Hello all. 2022 CSC SG250 with 3600 miles on it so far. I'm looking to get every little bit out of this bike that I can, since my commute to work is on a highway at 60mph, and with my fat behind on the bike, it tends to not be able to hold that speed in a headwind or up any kind of .05% grade LOL.

So far, I have done my best to tune the carb for my altitude, around 3600ft. I have also replaced the front sprocket with a 16T, and a new chain at the same time of course. It's better at holding speed on flat ground now, but still not quite where I would like it to be.

I'm thinking about getting a Nibbi 28 PWK carb, with flange adaptor and pod air filter, and I'd also like to improve the exhaust flow, just to get some more air into the engine so I can go up a little on the jetting.

Has anyone taken apart the exhaust for one of these bikes yet, or found a solution for them that works well? I have searched through the forum and haven't seen any results, so please share your knowledge with me if you can!

Thanks

Tags
cg250, csc sg250, exhaust, mods