Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands

Old 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #16

WOW !!!!! Had one of those Eureka!!! moments like we all do from time to time. Since my Saddlemen TS3200 Sport tail bag was already doubling as my backrest, I used the rear passenger backrest pad to make it even more comfy! Rode for about 2 hours today, LOVE this upgrade! If you ride solo and never take a passenger along, this is half the price of the Utopia seat backrest, AND, greatly increases your cargo capacity! I now have three "trunks" Saddlebags coming soon.
The tailbag is held on with 2 straps that came with the Saddlemen bag. One on each side. They have Q.D. buckles on them and receivers for the buckles made into the bag. It takes literally 10 seconds or less to remove the bag. From that point, it is no different than any other Helix. Remove the one bolt holding the front of the seat on, then up & out and the seat is off. So all total, 30 seconds to remove seat, and about 1 min. to reinstall it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 09 2016 1.jpg (95.9 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 07 09 2016 2.jpg (96.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 07 09 2016 3.jpg (95.8 KB, 136 views)

Old 07-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #17

Headlight looks a little Yellow/Hazed over... might I suggest cleaning it up with Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...estoration-kit

Once clean make sure your 'seal it'... I like to use Blue Magic Headlight Sealer to keep it looking like new longer and to help protect from UV rays

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...t_lens_sealer/

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Headlight looks a little Yellow/Hazed over...
Yeahhhh, that is on my winter to-do list. :-)

And X2 on the headlight sealer.
Just put brand new complete headlight assemblys on the wives XC90 Volvo because the others were wayyyyyyy beyond what the Mguiers kit could fix. But have enough left over for the Helix I think. Also would like to find a much brighter headlight bulb as well.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #19

I've used that (or similar) kits in the past sometimes they work great, other times good. Since it's cheap and easy and a safety issue I recommend trying.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #20

One trick i have used in the past on headlights is tooth paste...more specifically one with a mild abrasive in it like arm and hammer. Using water with it you end up essentially wet sanding the light with it.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #21

I forgot about this thread ,I picked up an Elite a month ago , I haven't done anything other than tossing it out of my truck .Mines is an ugly brown one ,and guess it's going to have to be called "The Turd " or something along those lines when I finally get around to cleaning out the old fuel .

Old 09-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I forgot about this thread ,I picked up an Elite a month ago , I haven't done anything other than tossing it out of my truck .Mines is an ugly brown one ,and guess it's going to have to be called "The Turd " or something along those lines when I finally get around to cleaning out the old fuel .
Is it a 150?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer