Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 PM   #16

To reiterate what Jay says -- He bought the bike used but keeps saying it is a bike that costs over 4000 dollars and for that money you can get this and that. I don't ever remembering him saying how much he paid for it.

William
'15 Mustard
p.s. Only 1 color faded.......

Old 09-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #17

Disappointing. I actually thought the bike would have a fighting chance...mods, some trips, etc. Instead he rode it like a DRZ, made no mods, unlike his coveted super highly modified klr and drz, and just beat it on terrain it was never intended for. Now, we've gained no real life info, no useful mods, no insight into its use as a lite adv touring bike... I'm underwhelmed.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 PM   #18

I watched the movies a few days ago ,I know nothing about the guy in the movie ,but his clutch work is hilarious ,and he is a very sloppy rider .I have seen 6 year old kids slipping a clutch a lot less than that dumbass ,and if that is his usual trail home then he should find himself something more within his capabilities ,like the ball room at McDonald's .

Old 09-25-2016, 12:52 AM   #19

Everide is a rider with no mechanical sympathy. He doesn't get the difference between Adventure riding and dual sport riding. Adventure is about travel using a motorcycle as a means of exploring different lands and meeting people. Dual sport is about riding motorcycles on and off road for the simple pleasure of riding. Try paying for a bent wheel rim on a BMW or KTM compared to replacing the wheel assembly on an RX3. Everide hated the RX3 before he ever sat on one and complained bitterly that the Utube crowd made him buy an RX3 for review. A Very unfair and biased review.

Last edited by darmst6829; 09-25-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #20

http://rbrhsv.wixsite.com/travel-blo...SC-RX3-Cyclone

Sorry if this has been posted earlier. I prefer this guy's approach to riding, and his review of the RX3, compared to Everides'. (you may have to copy and paste)

Old 10-19-2016, 02:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
http://rbrhsv.wixsite.com/travel-blo...SC-RX3-Cyclone

Sorry if this has been posted earlier. I prefer this guy's approach to riding, and his review of the RX3, compared to Everides'. (you may have to copy and paste)
Thanks for posting the great link.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #22

Hello gents. New to the forum. I FINALLY ordered my bike today but it almost didn't happen. I started looking at the bike, reading reviews, watching videos in October and was ready to pull the trigger in November... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. Eventhough, overwhelmingly, other reviews are positive that's all it took for me to start looking for a used F800GS again. In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of Jan I flew down to Colombia to visit family and friends and decided to look around for one to rent/buy to use when there. I visited AKT factory and dealerships, the company which assembles the Colombian version of the RX3, their "TT250 Adventour". I looked at some used bikes, tried to rent. To my surprise the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bikes in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.

2016 CSC RX3 Silver
2015 Harley-Davidson Softail Heritage Classic

Last edited by FMore2; 01-26-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #23

Welcome Fmore2!

As you've discovered, you need to take every opinion with a grain of salt. Everride provided a review of the RX3 for his riding style, which is 90% off road and technical. So while he was used to long travel suspension and knobby tires, he pushed the RX3 on tough, technical trails and it never failed, and never broke (despite his intentional riding to make it fail.) And as you stated, it now lives a happy life with a new owner who appreciates the bike and posts favorable videos.

It's almost like saying that I dislike the new Subaru Crosstrek because it can't climb rocks, boulder-bash, and climb lose dirt hills like a customized Jeep with an LS1 V8 and long travel suspension with King offroad shocks.

But the funny thing is the inverse. Try driving that same Jeep on roads for a long cross country drive and I'd bet it's nowhere near as comfortable or fun as the Subaru Crosstrek. (I can already imagine the drone from those monster off road tires going on for miles and miles...) And in the same vein, the RX3 will be A LOT more comfortable for a cross country ride than his purpose built trail bike.

Maybe if I intended to ride 90% on those technical trails, I would then want the other bike that was purpose built and customized to handle those conditions.

Is one better than the other? It depends on what you want and what you need. Me personally, I wanted a bike that would spend 90% of it's time on the roads, but 10% hitting the fire trails in my neighborhood and have the capability to go off road. The RX3 does that beautifully, and I'm nowhere close to pushing the limits of its suspension. But I ride slow off road and enjoy the ride.

The RX3 is truly a world bike as it's sold in some seriously tough environments, including Eastern Europe, Asia, and South America (as you've seen.) And it's no surprise to read that it's so popular that it's sold out with months-long waiting list.

I hope you'll have the chance to ride one. It is surprisingly comfortable and the bike is fun to ride. I remind myself of how comfortable the RX3 is when I sit on other bikes and find that I don't like the seating position.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #24

I felt that Everride should have compared the bike to other bikes in its price class--the Suzuki DR200 and the Yamaha TW200, and done a three way comparison of all three in the same conditions. I am quite sure both could not have even gotten close to interstate travel which was one of the criticisms of the RX3 which can do 70 to 75 mph. Also, add racks and boxes to both (and add in the cost to do so to both which would have to be custom jobs since neither are set up for racks/boxes).

Then, and only then, might Everride's 'review' been somewhat legitimate, but watching it the way it was made him look totally clueless.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #25

As is stated by both rtking and culcune, the RX3 in that review was put through a ton of stuff that it wasn't really intended for....so no surprise on the outcome. Again, even with the obvious abuse and hammering it took, the bike didn't break once...and lives on to make another owner happy.

My experience with the RX3 has been like this. At first, I thought it was a "nice enough" bike. Pipey for a 4 stroke, slightly odd to ride the powerband at first.....but....the more I rode it (and modded it for me), the more attached I got to it.

Mind you, I have other bikes so it's not like the RX3 was the Lone Ranger and I had no other riding options. After about the first six months, now it's my rider of choice. My dual sport feels abandoned, as does the big cruiser. Thank goodness for float chargers.

The RX3 (for how and where I ride) is a pleasure to spend time on. It's handling in the paved twisties is completely predictable and has yet to hand me any "deep corner surprises". For the gravel roads and mild trails I'll ride on occasion, it's stable and comfortable, even with the stock tires. Keep in mind, I don't ride near as aggressively as I did years ago.

So........I got so attached to my RX3, I had to buy a second one for the Mrs because she started to get too attached to mine!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350