Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

New CSC TT250 Any Suggestions for Panniers & Luggage racks.

I ordered a new TT 250 last week and it should be arriving by the weekend. I'm really excited and I've already began researching how to outfit the bike with Panniers & luggage racks. So far I'll probably go with the CSC luggage rack that can be ordered from their website. I'm a bit stuck on a pannier system though.

Anyone have any suggestions on ways to outfit the tt250 with Panniers? Has anyone modified the RX3 panniers to work on the TT250? I'm not adverse to building the rack myself. Would prefer an inexpensive bolt on solution though. Would also like to add a Rotopax fuel can system to it.

I'm planning on riding the TT250 through parts of Moab Ut & Colorado and need to load up on fuel and camping gear. Any suggestions or links to Pannier rack designs would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

These aren't a pre-made deal, but they're much like Pelican cases: https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-w...-in-63927.html The price is right and they're waterproof.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

I bought a set of bags that were sold for use on a horse. It's called Hamilton Versa-Pack. I haven't mounted them yet, so can't say if I like them. I don't have a rack, so I need to figure something out. Paid $38 on ebay, including shipping.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #4

Got a link?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
These aren't a pre-made deal, but they're much like Pelican cases: https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-w...-in-63927.html The price is right and they're waterproof.

I love Harbor Freight. I like this solution too. I'm thinking I'll have to make my own racks, so making a couple modifications to the those boxes might be the perfect low budget plan. Any suggestions on building the racks, or know of any pre-made racks that might fit the TT250?

Old 05-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I bought a set of bags that were sold for use on a horse. It's called Hamilton Versa-Pack. I haven't mounted them yet, so can't say if I like them. I don't have a rack, so I need to figure something out. Paid $38 on ebay, including shipping.

Great idea. I'm a bit conflicted about whether I want to go with soft or hard luggage. I'm towards hard, but price & functionality will be the deciding factor. If I go soft, this could be a great solution. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitcoinDood View Post
I love Harbor Freight. I like this solution too. I'm thinking I'll have to make my own racks, so making a couple modifications to the those boxes might be the perfect low budget plan. Any suggestions on building the racks, or know of any pre-made racks that might fit the TT250?
I'm not aware of pre-made racks (although they may exist). I'd get out the welder and make some.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #8

Order the CSC rack

I ordered the CSC rack for the TT250 when I ordered mine. Came installed.
I purchased the "Pelican" case from Harbor Freight. In about 10 you have a water proof lockable trunk.
2014 Ducati Hypermotard
1974 SL70 Honda
3 CT70 1971, 1974, 1981 Honda
2016 TT250 White CSC Zong

Old 05-16-2018, 09:38 PM   #9

Here's a pic from an Amazon page.

$36.30 I think the color is brown, but it looks sort'a purple on my screen. Mine is a dark green.

They will separate and can be used as 2 individual backpacks. They are quite large.

I think they're a good deal for the price but of course, they aren't like the $300-400 fancy ones.

I think they are available in brown, green, blue, and maybe a bright safety orange.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Here's a pic from an Amazon page.

$36.30 I think the color is brown, but it looks sort'a purple on my screen. Mine is a dark green.

They will separate and can be used as 2 individual backpacks. They are quite large.

I think they're a good deal for the price but of course, they aren't like the $300-400 fancy ones.

I think they are available in brown, green, blue, and maybe a bright safety orange.
Those look great! I'll definitely check them out. I'm taking a one month cross country trip, almost 12,000 miles round trip. Think they'll hold up?

Old 05-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm not aware of pre-made racks (although they may exist). I'd get out the welder and make some.

I'm thinking about ordering a welder from Harbor Freight now just for this purpose. Haven't welded since high school, but think with a few practice runs, I can make it work.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #12

if you search my pics you will see how i did my panniers.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNrider View Post
I ordered the CSC rack for the TT250 when I ordered mine. Came installed.
I purchased the "Pelican" case from Harbor Freight. In about 10 you have a water proof lockable trunk.

I'm thinking about doing this too. I plan on ordering the rack, then the Harbor Frieght case then modding it to install the Rotopax fuel & water system on top of the case. Also saddle bags and a duffle bag strapped to the backseat for long distance adventures.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #14

Is the rear frame of the TT strong enough for real panniers and racks?

There is the frameless U shaped bags that are offered by GL and Wolfman. They sit on the rear seat and strap down to the passenger pegs or there abouts.
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...coyote-rolltop

https://wolfmanluggage.com/collectio...-plus-rear-bag

Not my pic. Stolen from duckduckgoimages.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #15

I run the Giant Loop on the back. They hold quite a bit.

For some extended camping overnighters I ordered these from ebay and have been pleasantly surprised for the price ($15):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-A...72.m2749.l2649

Name:  LXR bags.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  LXR bags2.jpg
Views: 1476
Size:  92.8 KB

Tags
csc, luggage, panniers, rotopax, tt250