Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2015, 10:56 PM   #1

Update

Everything is officially done! I got the clutch set up, thanks to Humanbeing and his arsenal of links, then put in the new oil filter and closed the bike up. After a good washing and some nice new oil, I took it out for a spin. Immediately I noticed that the shifting is MUCH easier and no longer feels like you are forcing the bike into gear. The problem is I always had to push the lever really hard to get the bike to shift, which has lead to an improper shifting technique, time to re train my brain

The local auto store had a sale on Mobile 1300 oil, so I purchased a gallon of it for future use. Any opinions on this oil? I asked the guy behind the counter if it has friction modifiers in it and he stared at me and said "Oil makes car smooth run no friction anymore oil makes slippery good". Instead of trying to decipher this new language I just purchased the last gallon they had.

Anyways, a BIG thank you to everyone who helped me with this bike. There were a few times I was ready to throw it off a cliff and let the gators get it After riding for a while I will return with another update to let you all know how its been holding up!

Tags
qlink