Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #1

zong sierra, should i move carb clip after mods?

Hi,

I bought the bike new and rode it for several years then I let it sit for a few years outside without cranking it. I moved twice since then with the carb off and lost a lot of parts.
Well I've got it back running but it runs bad. I have to many problems going on to check plug and it tell me anything right now. before replacing o-ring it runs with choke on but pops a lot.

Anyway today I found an o-ring to replace the pinched manifold o-ring and I replaced the choke/enhancer with the pullout one that's for the Yamaha carb not the thumb one for the zong so I shouldn't have anymore air leaks. I have the fmf tc2 muffler and now I replaced the airbox with a cone filter. I have the carb apart and I'm tired of pulling the carb and fooling with it. lol After it sit for a few years the needle seized up and would not move in the carb. I found a used parts carb on ebay and now the carb is clean and ready to go back together. Just want to set the clip now while I have it out. the new needle has the clip in the middle. should I move it down one? I'm in northeast ga and at arould 3300 above sea level.

thanks guys for the help in advance.