Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Performace Racing Cdi Help, Who is right who is wrong?! HELP

Hey guys , so as u know i have a 200cc Gio Rebel T3. I had bought a Large Racing Cdi but when i got it , it does not fit my bike, now this is the large one but i dont know, the cdi that was on my bike after i googled it seems like its for a 110cc motor. Now.. is the wire harness on my bike not correct or is it i have the wrong part. i have attached pictures. i just want to make sure i dont order another wrong part. my bike is the 6 pin hookup but one wire isnt there and the fitting is different, does that mean this is hot-wire-able?

RACING CDI -

CDI THAT WAS ON MY BIKE -

The Hookups -

Yes... i no.. its muddy lOL :P[/code]

Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #2

Where did you get that CDI? that looks like the plug used for the liquid cooled 250cc engines.

This was posted awhile back http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=10355
See that plug in that link on the blue CDI looks like the plug you ended up with, and it states it's for a 250 water cooled engine, if you got it from GIO i wonder if they got shipped a box full of CDI's that don't work on the air cooled engines.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #3

i am going to have to buy another one i guess. If this is good to anyone please just reply to this post and let me know. im going to put it up for sale on ebay in the next couple days and if you looking for this specific one i will link it to you. Will probally let go for around 15$. Ebay is the safest way i guess, paypal buyer protection,i will let you guys know the outcome on the new cdi!!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #4

So where did you get that CDI, was it from GIO ?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #5

not this cdi was bought on ebay, i am now buying one from gio lol, at least then theres some kind of guarantee that it will work ;P

Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #6

racing cdi

You can also buy one from EBAY .. from SCRAPPYDOGS.. I bought 2 of them from them as I was not sure at the time if I had a AC CDI or DC CDI.. so now I have both of them.. I can use both of them as I have 2 different machines,.. they work very good,., cost was about $30.00 or so.. the DC CDI are larger.. I changed my KINROAD dune buggy to 12 DC CDI and it starts & runs better than the AC SETUP. that I had from factory..

Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #7

you need the gold cdi, it has the squared off plugs.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
As mentioned before the color doesn't matter, i've got blue ones from GIO that were exactly the same as the gold ones, same plugs, same CDI, both worked on the Beast.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
As mentioned before the color doesn't matter, i've got blue ones from GIO that were exactly the same as the gold ones, same plugs, same CDI, both worked on the Beast.
just said that cuz ive only seen the gold one with the proper plug on it for the beast.. but yes aslong as the plugs on the cdi are squared off they will work..