Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #1

CSC is Awesome! and other things

So feeling a bit bummed about missing out on the $380 in savings with the current offering from CSC on the RX3, I reached out to them today to ask if there was anything we could do since I had received the bike 2 days before the promotion and had ordered it 3 weeks before. They were like...sure...since you ordered it with in a month we'll store credit you that money. AWESOME! Of course I spent it...and more...and have the Tourfella luggage on the way and a side stand pad.

On another note, yesterday I took the moto safety course even though I'm already endorsed but it has been 25 years since the training and test. It was really good and while all the other students were riding little Honda Rebel 250s and GROMs I was on the RX3 and it did darn good. I even passed the practical riding it! It seriously looked twice as big as any other bike on the range! The instructor asked to ride it for one of the demonstrations and he was really impressed. He also gave me a great hint about the rear brake pedal position. It's too high from CSC. I was having to actually lift my heel off the footpeg to get on top of the brake and that's why the brake felt so strong. No fine motor control lifting the whole leg and pressing. This morning I lifted the rubber boot, loosened the lock bolt, removed the retainer and spun the bottom piece to lower the pedal about an inch. Put it all back together and darn if he wasn't right. I can ride with my foot on the pedal which I think is better for emergency braking and I have much better control by pivoting the foot at the ankle.

Since so many people are asking me about the bike and seem so impressed I signed up as an affiliate today. Figured I might as well get some cashola for telling people how nice the bike is...even though I'd do it for free! Today was a 15 min conversation with a guy at a gas station. He's been riding adventure bikes for years, ridden to the arctic circle, and he thought the bike was super impressive and actually liked that it was a 250.

We had another bluebird weather day so I put in a bit over a hundred on it doing back roads and just a bit of dirt. Didn't go far on the dirt since I was alone and out of cell coverage and am a complete noob at moto dirt riding. Posted a short video of some of the twisties and dirt:

Take care everyone and thanks again for making this such a great forum!

Old 10-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Glad to hear your experience with CSC and the RX3 so far has been positive. We ordered ours a few days before the latest end of model year sale, and they sent us store credit for the difference also. Everyone I have talked to with CSC has been great both before and after the sale.

Good tip regarding the rear brake. First thing I did once I rode the bike home was to adjust the foot controls and handlebars and bar controls to fit me comfortably. All new bikes come set up for some generic "rider". Its one of the first things I do when I pick up a new/new to me bike
1999 VMax, 1990 CB1, 1989 VTR250
1972 G90SS

Old 10-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #3

Great to hear your experiences...I was going to start a post on this topic...for the exact same reason. They didn't have to do that, but they did without me even asking....pure class. I ordered the "tall" seat and it has already shipped.

Funny...as far as the rear break lever, that was the only thing I DIDN'T have to adjust....fit me perfectly. Always important to customize the controls to the rider though.
couple of 73 Yamaha RT 360's

Old 10-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp1 View Post
I ordered the "tall" seat and it has already shipped.
You're going to LOVE the tall seat. It's a bit firm at first (still superior to the stocker) but softens and shapes to your cheeks after a short time. I put risers and the tall seat on mine...whole new bike! The risers get you off your elbows.

fj, great vid and great experience with CSC! They really are a class outfit.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Tags
csc, rx3, zongshen