Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #1

Bull 200 Back Order?

Hey guys, came across this site after researching the TaoTao Bull 200 and was wondering about ordering? Not sure if I'm late to the party or what but it seems that the few places I contacted are saying 2-4 months. I'm leaning towards putting in my order to get on the list and before prices go up like everything else but figured I'd see what others are seeing.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:45 PM   #2

I just bought a Bull 200 and this was my experience as well. I opted for one of the "new" models with fewer features since it was in stock at Family Gokarts. They have raised the price a little since I bought mine, but they offered $100 off for the model without digital dash.

Main difference in these "new" models (presumably because of shortages) is that there is no digital dash, no hour meter, front drum brakes instead of disc brakes (still disc in the back) and no trailer hookup. The GY6 engine is also a different variation than what the manual has, which resulted in some confusion until I was able to figure out the fill plug for the gear box. It's not where the manual says it is. I plan to make a post outlining these differences so people can see for themselves.

Overall decent experience from Family Gokarts. They did ship quickly. There was an added $70 "entry fee" to ship to Indiana for some reason, and there will be additional fees if you can't ship to a dock or have a forklift. Residential shipping costs more. I had it shipped to my dad's shop.

When I got it, it's mostly good but I'm missing 2 center caps and they sent 2 left-side plastic footwells and 0 right side. I contacted customer support, they asked for pictures, I sent them and I'm waiting on a reply.

They also offered a $70 "premium service package" that presumably includes premium oil, a premium spark plug and an added warranty to make it a 1 year warranty instead of 90 days or whatever it is. I opted for this just for the warranty. Oil and spark plugs are cheap, but I have no idea what they send because they never actually sent this to me yet. I'm not sure if they will or not.

Overall, I'm happy with the ATV so far. It's no torque monster, but I also can't *really* test it because of the 20 hour break-in period.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyUberDriver View Post
I also can't *really* test it because of the 20 hour break-in period.
Did they really say 20hr break in period?

Old 05-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #4

Reason I bought my Bull 2 years ago was for the ability to add a ball hitch,I could careless about the speedometer,but like the hour meter and front disc brakes.I would have been just as happy with black painted rims also,not chrome.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the info, maybe I'll reach out to Familygocarts and check their stock.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Did they really say 20hr break in period?
Yep. It does seem like a long time for break in.