Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
If you shop around you can find motorcycles selling with NO assembly charges and NO shipping charges. Just sales tax and registration and license fees.
I’ve also found special additional discounts for military veterans. (As a veteran it’s nice to be finally receiving rewards for serving in the military)
I agree it's easy. Lot's of Kawasaki dealers who are competing with each other. All this talk about add this fee and that and it's 2000 more than MSRP are untrue in this market. Maybe years ago when sales were strong but definitely not today. Like I said I got my new Versys 650 LT for 1500 less than list price with nothing but a small doc fee, sales tax included. The Versys 300x was available under MSRP with tax included and all fees as well. Given the difference in price you could farkle it for similar price to the RX4 but with higher quality parts.

The RX3 was a good value initially but it's kinda bloated in price now and if I did it all over again I'd just pay the extra and get the Versys 300 for not much more. The only equipment I actually like on my RX3 is the crash bars. The luggage is tiny and leaks, the top box cracked at the mounting points, the headlights very weak and much of the rubber parts are cracked or dry rotted despite being in a garage in northern NY. The 12v/USB is crazy overpriced and the USB port is very low power. Paying 3500 I feel like it was "ok" for the price but I'd be irritated with it had I paid the 4195 (plus shipping/assembly) that it's listed at now. It's nearly 25% more expensive than a few years back and for less than 1k you can just get a new Versys 300x. When you sell it the Versys will end up costing less than the RX3.

When the RX4 was in rumor mill stages I was expecting a bike fully equipped to hit the market at 4500/4999 which would make it much more appealing than the price it's set at now.

It'll be interesting to see how the RX4 sells and performs in the long run. Hopefully it's another level of quality and reliability compared to the RX3, time will tell.