Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2021, 11:41 PM   #10

Alright! Once I figured out, again, how to get the pics to show up lol there she be!

I do have the 20 dollar bark busters that are full metal, except obviously the black parts, but do work very well; and hold up very well! I had it fall over on the trailer before registration - smacked pretty hard and absolutely no damages. Definitely saved the levers!

The front sprocket cover is thanks to AliExpress and all of 12 dollars I think? They offer all the colors for the Orion RXB and the XPro Zongshen 230cc - I would recommend the ABS sprocket cover especially if you're converting to 520 chain - the stock cover is too tight and the chain smacks the cover... so, pretty easy fix! And now there is no contact between the chain or any part of the cover.

GPS - figured that'd be neat to include, maybe. Small water / shock proof deal from Fod Sports. I got the Windows mobile version - yes there are Android ones, but the MS one boots way faster.. that matters to me, but maybe not someone else lol absolutely a handy device and I use it to watch my speed too. 5V adapter is included and all mounting stuff.

Booooooost bottle! 20 bucks on Amazon, hooks into the EGR / SAI inlet on the intake - acts like a spring on the intake pressure, helps out immensely on hills and strenuous torque demands. Little 'ol Yamaha trick from back in the day No, not only for two stroke!!

Muffler - So as you can see, there's a reducer slip joint or lap joint I think they're called, 52mm to 50mm. The new pipe is just barely short around 3in from the muffler slip on. The Orion pipe also isn't a 50mm or 52mm hookup; slightly smaller I think around 48mm.. Anyway, I had to shim the gap on the pipe side to the joint, muffler fit perfect - loctited the bolts / nuts and got everything as tight as I could - no leaks! I know, I was surprised too

LED headlight - I think was under 20 bucks on Amazon. For the XPro I would highly suggest clipping the small running light under the main headlight (weird setup..) and keep the wires separated and out of the way. The reason - when switching to LED, the electrical gets confused with the two bulbs one being LED and one incandescent. This causes the LED bulb to be stuck in high or low beam and then usually fries the switch on the bulb itself - went through two LED's before figuring that one out! H4 headlights too, cheapies.

Standard CRF250L tail tidy kit, 28 bucks eBay - comes with the lights and all hardware. The rear light / tag light is integrated on this bike - kinda hate that, but gotta deal with it! This makes it a little better at least, again - all LED.

Pro Taper grips - not as 'cushionie' as the grip puppies I bet. The bike came with some foam / rubber grip covers, but RIPPED when I was putting them on lol.. go me! These do nothing for vibrations, just better grip in general than stock. I use the RockBrothers mountain bike gloves - say what you will, 10mm thick palm padding; bring it! Those are the most comfortable riding gloves I've ever had lol and actually help with the vibes! The new front brake lever has a bigger master cylinder with the aftermarket setup - good plus for braking. Though, tons of brake fade with the stock setup in the rain!!!!!

Cycra YZ250 skid plate - Didn't think that was going to fit, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it did! It is about 4 or 5mm thick polymer - if you don't mind the material it's not that bad. It has been bashed against some rocks and such so far - held up and saved my engine and frame!

Shifter - IMS shifter, much better than stock.. the stock one feels like it should be on a 50cc kids bike. This is awesome - love the extended shift lever, and it is angled so it doesn't hit any part of the engine or get close to it at all. Another cheap Amazon special!

Tube - I believe it's actually for a fuel bottle, but I use it to keep the tools, water bottles, and other things I can stuff in there. It is waterproof and can say it does work pretty well. The new versions have locks on them, so I missed out. I did have to remove the left panel off the plastics to install.

The carb is a Mikuni clone, JP made; maybe it'll last longer than the other one I had. I have a 110 main jet right now, 42 slow jet, and moved the needle one spot higher / richer.

The gearing I have currently is 12T front and 30T rear, 520 pitch. I think I will go up a few teeth in the rear next sprocket change; see if the acceleration is any better. I did the gearing for top speed only, pinged out couldn't hit 65 if I tried downhill with the wind lol Might play around with the 115 jet later, but for now it's running perfect. Need an a/f mix screw adjustment, but that's it.

I can't say how much I LOVE the look of the bike. For just over 1799 brand new (at the time) - compared to the Hawk, and I'm not talking smack, just looked better.... to me. I did look at the Hawks and Apollos and all as well; seems like you can't go wrong. Unless you get a lemon or one that was dropped every time it was moved.. But, an absolute beast off road too!