Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #1

mine is bogging at throttle blip, i may try to go up to 38 or so pilot tomorrow..i'm not sure. that air/fuel mixture screw is in the worst place

Old 04-25-2017, 10:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
mine is bogging at throttle blip, i may try to go up to 38 or so pilot tomorrow..i'm not sure. that air/fuel mixture screw is in the worst place
Do you have the correct pilot jets to use?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0060.JPG (47.5 KB, 110 views)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Throttle blip won't tell you much either way. This kind of carburetor does not work that way. You have to test it under load. Whacking open the throttle proves absolutely nothing. These carbs work by lifting enough fuel for the amount of air being consumed. Fuel is heavier than air, doesn't flow as fast as a sudden inrush of air. They have to balance the flow, and they can't do that in a "blip"...ARH

Old 04-25-2017, 11:12 PM   #4

Quote:
oh dang it, i forgot about that..

i am seriously considering just buying a mikuni now
I'm torn. These are supposed to be good carbs so I'm gonna put my main jet in and give it a chance. But yeah, I'm considering it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Throttle blip won't tell you much either way. This kind of carburetor does not work that way. You have to test it under load. Whacking open the throttle proves absolutely nothing. These carbs work by lifting enough fuel for the amount of air being consumed. Fuel is heavier than air, doesn't flow as fast as a sudden inrush of air. They have to balance the flow, and they can't do that in a "blip"...ARH
You know what's up with the funky looking pilot jet ARH?

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I'm torn. These are supposed to be good carbs so I'm gonna put my main jet in and give it a chance. But yeah, I'm considering it too.

You know what's up with the funky looking pilot jet ARH?
If I have to change the pilot jet this carb is history I will get the Mikuni unless I can find the pilot jets

Last edited by goat67; 04-26-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
If I have to change the pilot jet this carb is history I will get the Mikuni unless I can find the pilot jets
One of the problems with the Keihin is that each series of carburetor seems to have a totally different pilot jet (Keihin calls this a "slow jet"). There is a reason that Mikuni is so popular as an aftermarket carburetor. It works, and it is easy to find both jets for. And, if necessary, also different throttle slides with more/less cutaway. More cutaway = lessor Accelerator pump type action. Less cutaway = More accelerator pump like action. But throttle cutaway is the next to the last adjustment you make....ARH

Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Mine is doing the same thing when I try to blip the throttle it boggs. I turned in the fuel adjustment screw and it made it worse. and it was already turned out 3 turns.
I assume that means I need a bigger pilot. Im going to shim the needle in the am after I pick up some bolts to put the bowl back on after removing the tamper proof ones.

Will the pilot jets you guys have in the kits not work with this carb ?