Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2023, 02:29 PM   #1

RX4 Hard Starting Issue

My 2020 RX4 has been experiencing hard starting issues all year that I haven't been able to solve. The bike has roughly 26k miles on the clock. It will usually take 3 attempts on the starter before the bike will start from cold. If you restart it immediately after shutdown it will start first try. There are no DTCs present, and the bike runs like a scolded dog once started. Maintenance wise, the bike has a fresh Oil change, Valve adjustment, spark plug, and air filter. I have changed the ECU and fuel injector (I had this issue before hand and no change). I cleaned the MAP sensor though I still will still likely order a replacement. I haven't found an easy way to access the throttle body to give it a good cleaning without removing the airbox. Any ideas?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” -Harlan Ellison-

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
― Ronald Reagan-