Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

Head Scratching Bashan Enforcer....

Does anyone know anything about this motorcycle? Seat height, counterbalanced engine, sprocket tooth count, etc? Seems like there is very little info on it. From what I can kind of gather is that it is a Bashan "Hawk". Am I correct in this?

Old 08-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #2

This would be the bike for you since it has all the goodies the Hawk does, but is certified for 49 states (Californians need not apply). The problem seems to be getting one, but that could be a ASPCUSA issue--Don seems to offer them, but then once ordered, it is not in the US or something like that. Superiorpowersports offers them on their site, but Superior may or may not be hit or miss, which might depend on bike (they come from the same distributor, so unless Superiorpowersports drove over to the distributor and stockpiled a few, you might end up with the 'slow boat' excuse like ASPCUSA). I do understand Superior is now under new ownership, so might be good to deal with across the board? I don't recall anyone mentioning getting an Enforcer from them. I know you are not a fan of the 'oddball' sized wheels on Bashan's other enduros (Storm, Brozz, and Shark), but I find it interesting they are offering those as well because the distributor had run out of them a few months ago. I understood at the time Bashan was looking for a new distributor as Kandi USA was no longer interested in carrying the Brozz and the Shark (another distributor carries the Storm and Enforcer), so I wonder who, if anyone, is carrying the Brozz and Sharks. Sorry to get a little off topic but I guess after offering my two cents, my mind started to wander...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #3

It's all good man... That is all very good info. I appreciate it.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
Does anyone know anything about this motorcycle? Seat height, counterbalanced engine, sprocket tooth count, etc? Seems like there is very little info on it. From what I can kind of gather is that it is a Bashan "Hawk". Am I correct in this?
Seat height is about the same as a Haosin Hawk, 33-34 inches. The Enforcer is made by Bashan, in the same factory. The real advantage of the Enforcer is that it is federally documented for on highway use. They are twins, otherwise....ARH

Old 08-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #5

Ok.... So that explains it. Looks like this might be my next motorcycle!

Is the carb ok on this bike? What brand is it? Do I need to get a jet kit? Are there pumper carbs available that would fit? What about the stock sprockets?

Old 08-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Ok.... So that explains it. Looks like this might be my next motorcycle!

Is the carb ok on this bike? What brand is it? Do I need to get a jet kit? Are there pumper carbs available that would fit? What about the stock sprockets?
It is almost certainly way too lean. One of the first things to do (even before you start it the first time) is adjust the valves. They almost always come from the factory too tight. Should be at .003 inches intake, and .004 exhaust. I'd also change the oil before first start-up. Other thing to consider is buying a longer shift lever, the one that comes on the bike is not sized for American feet....ARH

Old 08-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #7

Wonder if the Enforcer can accept the digital cluster from the Brozz.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Wonder if the Enforcer can accept the digital cluster from the Brozz.
It might already come with one, but I couldn't see why it wouldn't if it doesn't. Hopefully someone with the bike can confirm.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-24-2017, 04:26 AM   #9

It does not come with a digital cluster but it is..IMHO a step up from the Hawks. The digital one is on my list. My main complaint is they say "upgraded carb". I figured upgraded would be that you didn't have to modify it to change the jets. Guess I will add the Mikuni to the list as well. I like the Hawks turn signals better too.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:11 AM   #10

Another user on here just got his Enforcer...and it now comes with a counter balanced engine.

Edit: after closer inspection, no it doesn't. Damn!

Last edited by Border411; 08-24-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #11

Mine is supposedly the latest and greatest and I posted pics from what I have heard it is not a counter balanced motor. I...so far live the bike. It is lean but if you look at my thread I explain why I didn't adjust the valves yet. I just finished the warm up cycle and the bike ran stronger with every step. It is comfortable and smooth.

Loc-tite is still your friend and check every bolt. They must have listened on some things because I notice it has loc-tite already on some bolts. Also it has wax drops on some bolts so it's easy to see if they have backed out.

If you order, I would not go with APSC if you want the bike...now. When Mine came Monday it was made very clear that their are no replacement bikes if they are damaged and expect a 3 month wait time.

Carb wise I will get a Mikuni because of the tamper resistant bolts.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:32 AM   #12

What carb comes on it? What are the bolts like? Can you put a groove on them for a flat head screwdriver?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #13

Quote:
What carb comes on it? What are the bolts like? Can you put a groove on them for a flat head screwdriver?
It comes with a Keihin carb and yes you have to file grooves in the bolts to take it apart.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
It comes with a Keihin carb and yes you have to file grooves in the bolts to take it apart.
Seems easy enough.