Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2023, 09:24 PM   #1

Need to order throttle cable. Bike is TBR7.

Every since, I installed a Nibbi PE28FL carb on my TBR7, the throttle was a little stiff just as I would start to pull it off idle, but once it "broke loose", it was fine. Well today, after 4,000 showing on the odometer, I had my first issue while riding. The throttle started want to hang open. I was on a secondary road, so I stopped, and worked with it. The threaded cap that the cable goes through sits so close the the tank, and bars of the frame that I could just unthread the cap. I messed with it enough to get the slide down, and got about a quarter throttle of decent, fairly normal feeling motion on the twist grip. After that it wanted to get stiff. I took back roads back home. I took the carb off, and the cable was frayed bad enough on the exposed section that goes through the carb's cap,that it had broken strands sticking out, and that what was keeping the slide from being pushed back down by the spring when I let off the throttle. Upon further examination, I noticed that the cable had sawed a shallow cut off to the edge of the little metal tip that it runs through, and that's what broke the strands of the cable. The cable always did have to make a drastic bend right at the top of the carb's cap, because of the gas tank. I know that's what is the root of my problem, but I had no idea that it was destroying the inner cable.. Well , I need to get a cable, and was wondering if anyone has a link, or recommendation on what to buy.. I prefer Amazon, if I have a choice. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2023, 02:23 PM   #2

I ordered this double pack, because of the price. I hope it will work https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C3T...b_b_prod_image