Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #1

Hawk 250

Just got my Hawk 250, assembled all went generally well. However, the back tire is locked up (won't rotate). Anyone else have the same problem? Is there something I need to do to unlock the brake for the rear tire?

Old 04-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #2

Is the bike in neutral?

Are you sure? Sometimes the green light comes on when the bike is in gear.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:49 PM   #3

Wow, that’s a weird one since it could be so many different issues. If your able (w/o damaging) you could try to gently separate the brake pads with a flat head or other specific tool. You could also try to free pressure at the bleeder valve and then it’s pretty simple to separate them enough to free from the disc. Naturally, of course, be ready to catch the brake fluid, replace w/ a sunthetic DOT 4 and re-bleed. Did you grease (or verify) that the rear axle and bearings were greased properly? Are your bearing seized? Have you looked at your chain to see if maybe it slipped near the front sprocket? It can’t be to difficult to find the cause but the solution may be a lot more difficult or could be as simple as a slipped chain that needs adjusting (assuming there wasn’t any damage caused.)
When I got my Hawk before I ever ran it I changed all of the fluids, greased all the great able parts, blue loc tight all bolts, installed the Mikuni clone, and replaced the chain. I have about 410 miles now and have had zero issues. With these bikes (I learned here) that preparation is EVERYTHING. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Tags
back tire, brakes, hawk