Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #16

Have you got an update for us? I hope you have good news.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #17

No updates as of yet.
I'm still waiting for my MCO to come back from TB.
I sent it out last Friday ...priority, sig.confrim, and insured (500.00) and the post office said it should be there (in Michigan, and delivered) by Tuesday.

I'll do some tracking tomorrow and see if they actually signed for it yet.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #18

Finally....

I finally got my corrected MCO back from the dealer yesterday.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but there was really nothing to report on.
I didn't want to bore you every week posting "nope, not yet" over and over.

I'll be going to the MVD on Thursday of this week, being that it's the only day off I have that's not a weekend day or a holiday.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #19

Kind of stinks that you had to be the test subject :?

I know there was no bad intentions on their part, but this still is a major inconvenience! :x

I couldn't believe this, but the Skyteam bikes, as distributed through SSR (I spoke with a guy from SSR and he told me that they are still Skyteam branded bikes) are streetable and able to be registered in California.

i.e.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...092118241.html

My thinking is; what if this was going to be your only means of transportation, BKABQ? There are people who cannot afford cars, or expensive bikes. Then again, mail order might not be the best option if that was the case. Good luck on your saga!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Kind of stinks that you had to be the test subject :?

I know there was no bad intentions on their part, but this still is a major inconvenience! :x

My thinking is; what if this was going to be your only means of transportation, BKABQ? There are people who cannot afford cars, or expensive bikes. Then again, mail order might not be the best option if that was the case. Good luck on your saga!
Luckily I have 2 cars too, but I only work less than a mile from home, and felt bad driving my cars that short distance.
They barely have time to warm up ...lol.
The bike was supposed to help in that area.

It was the MCO that threw everything off.
It was missing a lot of info that was supposed to be on it and that falls back on the manufacturer, not the dealer.
I've pulled a couple MCO examples off the net, from major bike retailers (Honda and even Lifan) and theirs included the stuff mine didn't.

I'm just glad I didn't have to send the MCO all the way back to China, instead of just the dealer in Michigan.
I def. wanted the Honda clone ...heck, if Honda was still makin' 'em I would have bought it directly from them, but they don't, so the only way was going mail order.
I might do it again, but I would be asking a heck of a lot more questions, pre-sale, than I did with this one.
I'm used to the dealer doing all the Titling, Registration, and so forth and the bike or vehicle just being ready for me to drive off when I buy it.

This way was a whole new experience for me, and one I'll never forget.
Unfortunately it's not over ....yet.
I still have to go try and register/title it, again, on Thursday.
I hope I don't have to pay much interest for being late to register it.
NM charges interest if you don't get the vehicle/bike registered within a 90 day period, and it's about 15 - 20 days over that limit now.

...Keeping my fingers crossed for Thursday!!!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #21

I wish you good luck on Thursday! Please do keep us updated.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #22

SUCESS!!! ...FINALLY!!!!

Titled, plated, and riding.

Now I can finally finish the Trailbuddy video I started.

So make sure, somehow beforehand, that MCO includes the following items (for NM anyway):

Engine size in CC's, not HP.
Engine serial number.
A short statement on the MCO that states the bike was designed and mfg'd for "On Highway Use".

These items along with all the regular MCO info and you should be good to go here in NM.
This may also help you out of you live in another state too.
I didn't know about the HP needing to be CC's until I read a post on here about Florida also requiring the same thing. So i just threw that in on mine ...just to make sure.
Because I do distinctly remember the DMV Bureau Cheif mentioning to me that they couldn't even tell how many CC's it was (by the old MCO).

Thanks for the support from everyone here!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #23

Glad to read this! I know that AZ won't have much trouble plating one of these, but like I showed in the CL link, they are able to even be plated in California. However, those are the actual Skyteam branded bikes (even though sold through SSR), and sold through a California licensed dealer. I am not sure what deal TrailBuddy had with Skyteam, but my guess is one of an OEM/importer-distributor, like what Pitster Pro does with their Skyteam reproduction CT-70 and rest of the lineup. My guess is there was some kind of communication issue resulting in the problems you encountered in NM; probably specific to NM.

I have been near ready to purchase one of the Skyteam bikes and communicating with them, but might try the dealer on CL since they are coincidentally half-way between where my parents and in-laws live in California. I should have better luck that way?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Glad to read this! I know that AZ won't have much trouble plating one of these, but like I showed in the CL link, they are able to even be plated in California. However, those are the actual Skyteam branded bikes (even though sold through SSR), and sold through a California licensed dealer....
That's what the owner of Trailbuddy told me ..." we can get these plated in CA. ..so getting them done there in your state should be a cinch".

Ha-Ha.

But then again ...he's also told me that these bikes are not street legal in Michigan and that's why he couldn't sell them as "street legal".

TB also replaces the China carb for a better one before it gets shipped out to the buyer.
That's what kind of helped me in making my decision on where to buy; that they take extra steps, post-factory, to make sure they're selling you a quality product.
I don't think Killermotor, The Scooter Depot, etc... are going to go that far for you.

Mine is def. Skyteam, although I've also seen it under numerous names, the SSR you mentioned and also a DAX.

Just be careful and back your tracks up when ordering something of this magnitude/cost online.
I did this all through PayPal so if there were any problems I'd have them backing me up ...getting 6 months interest free wasn't bad either. Plus I had 2 bills of sale, one from Paypal and one from TB.

Now that you mentioned Arizona, I do remember one incident involving AZ and TB.
TB and I were comparing other states and their requirements and it just so happened they sold one to a person in AZ right before me.
The buyer did have to send the MCO back, but only because it wasn't notarized and AZ requires that.
So before they shipped my MCO, the first original time, they called me and asked if my state required a notary too.
(Most dealers ship you the bike first, then the MCO, after you confirm the delivery of the bike. You call, tell them you got the bike, match the VIN's and then they mail it out. That way if something should happen to the bike on the way to you, like being stolen, they don't have an MCO).
I called my local MVD and they said no.
So make sure you tell whoever you buy they bike from that this will need to be done.

Happy Trails!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #25

Congrats! That took just over two months, but it could have been worse. Happy trails!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #26

Congratulations! I'm glad your long ordeal is over. Thanks for posting the list of items required on the MCO.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #27

donde esta el video?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #28

Ci! Video, por favor!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Ci! Video, por favor!

It's coming, very soon!
Within 2 weeks.