Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #16

Awesome, thanks for the info guys. I was thinking a road trip would be involved, but it looks like it's all done through the mail with the Vermont DMV. I'll read through that thread again tomorrow and start getting the process rolling!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #17

Vermont just wants your check.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #18

I'm mailing out the VT registration stuff today. So since bike is under 300CC, this is what I'm sending:
Filled out registration form (http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/fil..._Title_App.pdf)
Check for $44 registration fee
Check for $82.14 taxes on motorcycle purchase price
Bill of Sale (printed out the e-mail receipt from TXpowersports.com)

It sounds like that's all I need for this bike, I also have a VIN verification document and the MCO, but since this is only a 229cc bike that I don't need to bother with those.

I'll make sure to update with success/failure status.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #19

I know you have already probably sent this off but I would have included the MCO and VIN verification just for good measure. Can't wait to hear of your results so please post back as soon as you know something.

/

Old 11-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #20

Good for you, Chris. Please do keep us updated.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #21

Hawk 260cc license

So are your bikes ready to go in Wisconsin with a licesne plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
The bureaucracy is kind of a mess, this is why Hensim left the US eight years ago to focus on Africa/South America. In Texas, people are successfully registering it under RPS. The problem is every state is different. When I have spare time I've been calling up state offices and asking questions, but they are notoriously uncooperative. I'll talk to two people and get two totally different answers. Illinois gave me a great response, "We are unable to respond due to the lack of a state budget."

I have also been told that it is really the dealer's responsibility to register the bike. Customers aren't supposed to do this, and dealers should know what to do. That's part of the problem with internet sales, which is why we are working on locating local dealers who we can work with.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #22

Updated on this:

I had the paperwork all put together a while ago, but only just mailed it in a little over a week ago.
I got a response in the mail last night, the VT DMV returned my paperwork and checks with a message. The message states that the motorcycle is a dirtbike, and I need to prove that it is either road legal or has been modified to be road legal. In order to do that, they state that I need to have it inspected by law enforcement in VT, which obviously is a problem in Colorado lol.

I'm not sure how they determined it was a dirtbike, whether it was from the online bill of sale which shows the bike as 'HAWK Dual Sports enduro dirt bike street legal dirt bike 250cc' on my TXpowersports.com receipt. It may have also been from the VIN number, or some other way.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichrisbot View Post
I'm not sure how they determined it was a dirtbike, whether it was from the online bill of sale which shows the bike as 'HAWK Dual Sports enduro dirt bike street legal dirt bike 250cc' on my TXpowersports.com receipt. It may have also been from the VIN number, or some other way.
Good luck getting "Manny" (owner of TxPwersports, 360PowerSports, etc.) to help you out in any way... he's been nothing but a pain so far for me...

Anyway, he tried to sell/ship me a HAWK in place of the Bashan I ordered a little while back, he stated the HAWK was the street/highway legal motorcycle in every state, Bashan is not that's why he doesn't carry them anymore... well the HAWK is not "street/highway legal" in any state technically , some states let them be "road legal" because it has lights/signals/horn/mirrors/vin/etc....

It looks as if Vermont is catching on to everyone's 'loophole' tricks and wants to have the motorcycle "inspected"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:20 AM   #24

It looks that way, I know a couple other folks were trying the VT method recently, hopefully we'll hear some news from them.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some more research on the South Dakota DMV, it sounds like they are another option for out of state registration.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #25

Any luck?

Iam thinking of buying this bike in Colorado so Iam wondering how it went? Did you get it registered? Any updat? I would buy this tomorrow If I could make it legal. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichrisbot View Post
It looks that way, I know a couple other folks were trying the VT method recently, hopefully we'll hear some news from them.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some more research on the South Dakota DMV, it sounds like they are another option for out of state registration.

Last edited by Merlin; 06-19-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Iam thinking of buying this bike in Colorado so Iam wondering how it went? Did you get it registered? Any updated? I would buy this tomorrow If I could make it legal. Thanks
check out my thread about registering in SD. it was a pretty seamless process. I submitted the notarized MCO, bill of sale, and their forms filled out per instructions I posted. sent it with a postage paid return envelope. got my plate back in about a week.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #27

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
check out my thread about registering in SD. it was a pretty seamless process. I submitted the notarized MCO, bill of sale, and their forms filled out per instructions I posted. sent it with a postage paid return envelope. got my plate back in about a week.
Could you post a link to your instructions? Thanks

Old 08-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #28

I got the same story in Colorado. Trying the Vermont route.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Could you post a link to your instructions? Thanks
my apologies for not posting this for you sooner.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16770

Old 08-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #30

I live in NY - Long Island. I went to the DMV office with the title sent to me by the reseller (bought thru ebay), Geico insurance card ($99 per year) and driver license (car). I paid NY State tax and registration fee (about $25) and walked out 40 minutes later with a license plate and registration for the new bike. About a week later a NY State title for the bike was mailed to my home. Was painless.