Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
For the Vermont-method, does it require the actual MCO or just a copy of the bill of sale/invoice?

Inquiring minds want to know...
For Vermont, you will need the MCO, Bill of Sale, and the VIN number verified by someone legally able to verify the VIN in the state the bike is located. For PA, this is ANY licensed inspector including a car or heavy truck inspector. Submit a PennDOT MV-41 form to Vermont for the VIN verification.

You will also have to remit to Vermont applicable sales tax along with your registration fees.

Old 03-02-2021, 11:56 PM   #17

My experience so far..... Visited a notary, filled out paperwork, Vin verification, paid fees/taxes, submitted my MCO and bill of sale. Pa declined(rejected) the registration/title process. Stated the motorcycle was not 'complete' when I received it, so it has to go through an enhanced inspection process.

Mechanic/Inspection Updates:

Quotes $200-150. < 1 hr to compete. Will update later if it passes.

Testing a YouTube Channel

Last edited by CheapThrills; 03-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
My experience so far..... Visited a notary, filled out paperwork, Vin verification, paid fees/taxes, submitted my MCO and bill of sale. Pa declined(rejected) the registration/title process. Stated the motorcycle was not 'complete' when I received it, so it has to go through an enhanced inspection process.

Mechanic/Inspection Updates:

Quotes $200-150. < 1 hr to compete. Will update later if it passes.
My guess is PennDOT is wising up and realized some of these bikes come disassembled. They are requiring enhanced inspection to ensure they are assembled correctly, since a PA licensed dealer (and by virtue, inspector) is not handling them for final sale. Some inspector in Philly or The Burgh probably slapped a sticker on some poorly assembled Amazon special, the forks fell off, and a law suit ensued. Now PennDOT is involved and ruining it for everyone as usual.

Dealers like CSC may have to finally start selling their bikes as CSC motorcycles rather than Zongshen motorcycles with CSC stickers in order to get around this. More work on their part, which means more expense, which means higher prices. YAY!

As a licensed inspector I can tell you your experience should be simple, just more expensive. Part of the enhanced process is part source verification. Since your bike all came new in the same box, this will be MUCH easier than inspecting say, a kit car or a home built vehicle.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #19

Because of covid19 in Pa, it took me 4 months to get title and registration for my TBR7. I went thru a regular tag service. Gave them the MCO paided the fees, they sent off all paper work to the DMV. And 4 months later title and registration was sent to my home. Just so you know not all tag places are the same in PA. If one gives you a problem try another place.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdose View Post
And 4 months later title and registration was sent to my home. Just so you know not all tag places are the same in PA. If one gives you a problem try another place.
After all was said and done, would you consider the 4 months wait a 'problem' and you should have tried a different tag place, OR just part of the general slowdown among the mess?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChairman View Post
Dealers like CSC may have to finally start selling their bikes as CSC motorcycles rather than Zongshen motorcycles with CSC stickers in order to get around this. More work on their part, which means more expense, which means higher prices. YAY!
I am surprised they are not doing so considering the EPA/DOT certificates for all their bikes have CSC as the company of record. In other words, CSC, not Zongshen, is paying for the federal EPA/DOT certificates and CARB certification for California. That is why they name the bikes with different names in general vs. straight up Zongshen names shown on their Chinese site.

This is different than other companies. Bashan, for instance, is the manufacturer of record for EPA/DOT certification. Their certificate lists names of bikes; some we have and have had, and others we don't have--seems to be common practice with some Chinese manufacturers in case they end up bringing certain model names over. One model is listed on the Bashan certificate, the CR250 which is sold by BMS as the 250 CRP. But, the MCO lists it as a Bashan bike as opposed to a BMS.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
After all was said and done, would you consider the 4 months wait a 'problem' and you should have tried a different tag place, OR just part of the general slowdown among the mess?
Yeah 4 months is a problem in my opinion. The tag place was shut down for covid19 at first, then the state decided to open those, but the DMV was still shut down and their workers still working from home i was told. I personally believe the DMV to be essential workers. But my state saw it differently.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:13 PM   #23

Went to local Notary today and was able to get all paperwork done and temporary registration along with a plate right away without any issue. He said Penndot is taking forever for the permanent registration probably at least a month but the temporary registration is good through July.

He was really intrigued by the China bike as well.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:34 PM   #24

Hi,
I went to a tag place in Warminster PA a couple of weeks ago. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get my tag because the VIN begins with "L" so I am still waiting. I was also told no one has been rejected. So it is a waiting game to get my 2021 TBR7 on the road.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:56 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb1779 View Post
Hi,
I went to a tag place in Warminster PA a couple of weeks ago. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get my tag because the VIN begins with "L" so I am still waiting. I was also told no one has been rejected. So it is a waiting game to get my 2021 TBR7 on the road.
Any updates on this?!?!?!

Old 10-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #26

What local notary did you use??? Do you have a phone number by any chance???

Old 12-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #27

CSC TT250 Pennsylvania Reg

Mine was approved. Had some issues with the VIN database they use, but CSC got it all cleared up pronto. Their customer service is really great.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:16 PM   #28

just bought my 2016 CSCTT250 - Pgh Pa
VIN # LZSJCNTxxxxxxxxxxxxx - he produced a Pa title
from the nicest guy on craiglist a few "shops " would not touch to inspect 5/2022
i have been going to the same notary ... 20 min transfer

Old 04-22-2022, 09:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by su98 View Post
just bought my 2016 CSCTT250 - Pgh Pa
VIN # LZSJCNTxxxxxxxxxxxxx - he produced a Pa title
from the nicest guy on craiglist a few "shops " would not touch to inspect 5/2022
i have been going to the same notary ... 20 min transfer
How was the inspection/registration/title process for you in Pittsburgh? I tried going to AAA to do my registration/title with the bill of sale, MCO, proof of insurance but this was not enough. I was told I needed a notarized MCO and the VIN verified by an inspector or police. They acted like they wanted nothing to do with my bike cause the VIN starts with an "L"

Old 04-24-2022, 03:16 PM   #30

4123419972 CYA Messenger Services. I have been there numerous times - got a title for my 1980 KZ waited - 5 weeks ish. you can voice call & ask. the inspection was 30 min 4126509650 Cycle Service Center. Jeff took me right now. just stopped in. I have 500 miles so nothing needed checked lights & a quick once over $40 my biggest headache was insurance Geico $100 for a year, better you have an M on your license & recent class / no tickets or accidents registration - 100 plates 22 good luck