Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Believe it or not, California actually accepted the cardboard MSO when registering my quads....Go figure.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 03-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
yea, so i've heard that about a lot of states so far..

i think i just had bad luck with the lady i was working with.. she was new, and her manager was a DMV NAZI!!

haha.

I think next time i hit the DMV it will be at the one where all the illegal immigrants go to register their cars with fake info. HA.

(i'll still probably get shot down

)

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13

I think next time i hit the DMV it will be at the one where all the illegal immigrants go to register their cars with fake info. HA.

(i'll still probably get shot down

)
If it is Yuma, AZ, you will still get shot down, :o :( :x

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #19

I see that it has been awhile since anyone has posted in this thread, so I guess it is my turn in the ring. Went to the MVA today. Had my MCO and bill of sale in hand. I thought this was going to go smooth. Well I was wrong! First they tell me that the MCO isn't the original. It has watermarks, control numbers is all nice and pretty, even filled out on the back and notarized. Does anyone know how they know what an original MCO looks like? Anyway, then they proceed to tell me that I need some kind of import paper, EPA paper and some other paper. They printed all this crap off of the internet, hand it to me and send me on my way. I am trying to title a Komoto 250 that I got from anamcycles. If anyone has any pointers let me know. I won't stop with the MVA until this thing is on the road![/img]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #20

Are you in Maryland? Contact anamcycles and see if they can send you another MCO. I went through this hassle a couple of years back in Arziona of all places; however, if I got title insurance (this is like a house title in which you prove to the state that no one else can claim to own the bike--this is what Arizona's only problem was) they would have registered it right away.

In AZ (not sure what other states) they have off-site, privately owned offices that can process the MVD stuff (mostly all what the State does), who I ended up going to, and they registered it right away.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #21

Contact anamcycles and explain to them what you need. They should be able to help with registration.

Allen

Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #22

Update on this. I called the customer service at the MVA and asked them exactly what the "original" MCO would look like and what criteria they used to authenticate it. The lady proceeds to tell me watermark, fancy border, void shows up on any copies of the original and a couple of other things. So I look at my MCO that I had in hand and tell her that this is exactly what I am holding! Then when I turn the MCO over it even has a box at the bottom that tells all of the security "authentication" features of the the document I am holding! She also tells me that the other papers that I am told I need are not needed by me or the dealer. That those papers would be taken care of by the importer. So she has a supervisor call me, not the "title supervisor", but another one. Ends up that I know this supervisor, her husband is in the fire service with me. She tells me that she spoke with the title supervisor and that the title supervisor wants to see the MCO again, but she is not in the office today. So she is to call me tomorrow. I hope the second go around goes better. I will keep y'all posted and thanks to those that have gave me input on this.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #23

It always helps to "know" someone :wink:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13 View Post
sadly maryland doesnt allow anyone but a dealership to register a vehicle :-( soooo gay...
Not true, in Baltimore County there are a bunch of privately owned tag and title places. In the Rt40 quaridore.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #25

Register it in vermont by mail ride it for a year, tag in whatever state you want, pretty sure even cali.

Not a single 300cc or lower ride do I have that is tagged in my state, all vermont, for years never had a problem.(sub 300 no odometer certification required so 100% by mail)

no title, no mco required