Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
There is no sellers bias here. The pumper carb is the only true "upgrade" in terms of any real measurable performance benefit. I wish I had a one stop shop when I bought mine., and I will recommend it over the mikuni for that reason.
I'm going to mess with my stock carb to gain some experience, but I can imagine a nice accelerator squirt would be advantageous. I don't think I've ever owned a bike that didn't have a pump. The stock carb on the TBR7 has an ok initial brap to it but poorly transitions to wide open power at such a disappointing level. The jet change that I'm doing today will benefit but I have a feeling I will be longing for that fine spray of ethanol free fuel at some point.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
I'm going to mess with my stock carb to gain some experience, but I can imagine a nice accelerator squirt would be advantageous. I don't think I've ever owned a bike that didn't have a pump. The stock carb on the TBR7 has an ok initial brap to it but poorly transitions to wide open power at such a disappointing level. The jet change that I'm doing today will benefit but I have a feeling I will be longing for that fine spray of ethanol free fuel at some point.
When you do your stock carb let us know if it is a #88 main jet and how many turns out the fuel mixture screw is stock and how many turns you need to make it run well. Also let us know if you shim the needle or replace it with an adjustable one ?
good luck.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
Thanks jeffrey i will look it up.
I also cut off the bottom portion of the part the extends down about an inch using a dremel cut off disc
no more overflow leak.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #19

Motocheez did a video on it
Something like 2.25 turns out 105 main
That’s an ok starting point etc
Kits add more options and tuneablity just like any other PZ30

Old 06-03-2019, 07:50 AM   #20

Quote:
When you do your stock carb let us know if it is a #88 main jet and how many turns out the fuel mixture screw is stock and how many turns you need to make it run well. Also let us know if you shim the needle or replace it with an adjustable one ?
good luck.
Check online same as hawk
It’s been shown over and over again as it’s all genetic

Old 06-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #21

Quote:
good luck.
It is a #88 jet, and stock mixture was a turn and a half or so. Maybe less, I can't remember exactly. And yes, like nzbl said 2 to 2.5 turns out seems to be best for me so far. I ordered his kit didn't see any high speed jets (I might have lost them so I ordered it again), so it remains sluggish powerwise for now. The 17 tooth sprocket makes a huge difference and that was worth the money alone.

I will be tossing the stock needle and using the adjustable when the jet comes in.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
It is a #88 jet, and stock mixture was a turn and a half or so. Maybe less, I can't remember exactly. And yes, like nzbl said 2 to 2.5 turns out seems to be best for me so far. I ordered his kit didn't see any high speed jets (I might have lost them so I ordered it again), so it remains sluggish powerwise for now. The 17 tooth sprocket makes a huge difference and that was worth the money alone.

I will be tossing the stock needle and using the adjustable when the jet comes in.
When did you order it? What jet configuration was on offer then? As a customer who bought an older version I’m fine sending a top up to the newer version
I’ll be in CT this weekend so if you want to extend the range of jets to the newer configuration just let me know n I’ll make it happen

Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
When did you order it? What jet configuration was on offer then? As a customer who bought an older version I’m fine sending a top up to the newer version
I’ll be in CT this weekend so if you want to extend the range of jets to the newer configuration just let me know n I’ll make it happen
April 1st or 2nd I think. It's no big deal, I ordered another kit. If you have the two jets I need that would be cool though. Other than the stock pilot jet in the picture, this is what I got for brass (not sure what the two jets go to but didn't fit my carb):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190602_193930458.jpg (94.3 KB, 341 views)

Old 06-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #24

The main (left) is a #88 and the air/slow/whatever it's called can't remember what number it was. Maybe high 30's - I have seen where I may not need to change that one anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190602_193906980.jpg (93.8 KB, 342 views)

Old 06-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #25

thanks for updating

thanks for the update on the carb and stock jetting, good to see nzbl includes an adjustable needle but surprised that you only got a single main jet? Does that pilot jet that comes with it actually fit the carb?

Old 06-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #26

Neither jets fit - I have seen older PZ30 aftermarket photos here that look to be what these are for. Our carb seems to be a newer model with a pressed in emulsion tube for the pilot and a bigger main jet outer thread diameter. We'll see what it all looks like when I get the new kit. Tempted to ream out the #88 but I don't have a drill press - If I end up drinking beers some night this week at my buddy's house I'll bring it over there and try it. Nothing to lose really, an 88 is worthless!

Old 06-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #27

And yes it comes with an adjustable needle - I think way better/easier than trying to negotiate shims with the stock one.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #28

NzBrakelathes

Just placed my order his afternoon with you on EBAY store.

You turned it around pretty quick...I'll be sitting by the mailbox waiting for my sprocket and main jets to arrive so I can get my TBR7 up to spec.

Best
Feldman

Old 06-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #29

Looks like the TBR7 has the short cold start jets then
New kits have a 40 and I’ve had those in some older versions too
I do offer more sizes as an option and I do have some smaller on hand but not many.
I’m in the west coast this weekend and land in Boston if that helps

Old 06-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #30

My kit came in and the bag had a lot more brass in it, including the jet I needed. This is what I got. The last photo is all I will be using lol (I like having extra stuff, the spark plugs will be handy and if anyone needs something let me know.):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190613_181719705.jpg (96.5 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190613_182554685.jpg (97.6 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190613_182943103.jpg (96.1 KB, 277 views)