Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #1

Question OPINIONS/Input Needed Please!

So I’m looking for a dirt bike for an 11 year old.

Full Manual
30” seat height max
125cc max

Want something cheaper that isn’t to hard to tinker with.

There is so much out there.

I like the Trailmaster TM22 125. Inexpensive…

Can you all give me some ideas?

Old 09-24-2022, 08:35 PM   #2

I know this is late coming. But I just recently joined this group. Yeah I think the Trailmaster 22 is nice and seems to be a well built bike. I’m looking for a bike for my 12 year old grandson myself. I like the EGL 10 or 11 125 bikes. 11 has 17-14 inch wheels and the 10 has 14-12 inch. The EGL and trailmaster look very similar. Powersportsmax has the EGL 11 for $919 plus $279 shipping right now. I’m really leaning towards getting the 11 with the larger wheels because kids grow fast. And the difference in seat height isnt a lot. Good luck!

Old 12-31-2022, 11:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
I know this is late coming. But I just recently joined this group. Yeah I think the Trailmaster 22 is nice and seems to be a well built bike. I’m looking for a bike for my 12 year old grandson myself. I like the EGL 10 or 11 125 bikes. 11 has 17-14 inch wheels and the 10 has 14-12 inch. The EGL and trailmaster look very similar. Powersportsmax has the EGL 11 for $919 plus $279 shipping right now. I’m really leaning towards getting the 11 with the larger wheels because kids grow fast. And the difference in seat height isnt a lot. Good luck!
Just realized that $300 shipping on a $900 bike is a little unsettling :(. Do local dealerships not carry it, or have something in a similar range and purpose?

Old 01-01-2023, 09:17 AM   #4

I have a local Chinabike dealer who sells the EGLs, among several other offroad brands. The EGL A11 Pro is $1195 OTD, plus sales tax. Of course this incorporates shipping to him, setup, and brick-and-mortar business costs. Same price as you mentioned but ready to ride. The online guys advertise a very low price but get you with the shipping, and it all comes out the same.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 01-01-2023, 09:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
I have a local Chinabike dealer who sells the EGLs, among several other offroad brands. The EGL A11 Pro is $1195 OTD, plus sales tax. Of course this incorporates shipping to him, setup, and brick-and-mortar business costs. Same price as you mentioned but ready to ride. The online guys advertise a very low price but get you with the shipping, and it all comes out the same.
I'd prefer this as well
....you're supporting a local business, it helps them directly, you know you stay more loayl and they are more accountable, and things get done faster in case you need to go back for anything.

Old 01-18-2023, 07:19 PM   #6

I'm bowled over by my Pentora 250, and they also produce dirt bikes.
I have an Orion/X-Motos X37B that's about 15 years old and that was the best at the time with their new lines being superior.
I got the much better Zongshen engine compared to what is manufactured today, but the frame at the time is square tube and junky.

I've flipped the Pentora quite violently a couple times, the first on pavement. It easily holds it's own against anything big brand in the same class.
Anyway, I would never buy a dirt bike over a 4 wheeler again and have regretted it.The Vitacci DB-V6 looks great, just don't let them scam you with "access fee" and "lift gate service".
Both are absolutely illegal and they extort people knowing they will eat it.

Old 01-19-2023, 03:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I'm bowled over by my Pentora 250, and they also produce dirt bikes.
I have an Orion/X-Motos X37B that's about 15 years old and that was the best at the time with their new lines being superior.
I got the much better Zongshen engine compared to what is manufactured today, but the frame at the time is square tube and junky.

I've flipped the Pentora quite violently a couple times, the first on pavement. It easily holds it's own against anything big brand in the same class.
Anyway, I would never buy a dirt bike over a 4 wheeler again and have regretted it.The Vitacci DB-V6 looks great, just don't let them scam you with "access fee" and "lift gate service".
Both are absolutely illegal and they extort people knowing they will eat it.
idek abt the Pentora..or that it's similarly priced to the motorcycles!!
the fee...yikes! you're right - it's getting hard to know what's included, what's just a fancy name on papre to make more bucks and what's the rghtful ask for the dealer to cover his expenses.