Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #1

My first thoughts on the Magician.

So I live near the Adirondack park and have endless miles of backroads to explore. I already have a few enduros and scooters but this spring I wanted to try something different, and I found it the Magician.
I bought it from Texas powersports, somehow I didnt have any problems. It came in 5 days, I got the MCO and bill of sale 2 days after requesting it. It had a busted side cover, the battery was also crushed and the acid had leaked into the crate, anyhow I messaged them and they sent me a new battery and cover. I had no problems whatsoever registering it in NY.
ANYHOW I took my time assembling it, and really for the price it was fine. I greased a few things and locktighted a few more. People are usually hard on the Magician, I knew the Hawk was a better value, but I already had a bike that filled that nich.
Honestly I hated it after the first ride but that was partly my fault. The vibrations where terrible and the rear wheel bearings self destructed at 24 miles. That was because I had overtighten ed the rear axle nut. I robbed my XR parts box and put a set of Renthal bars on it and took steps to wieght them. If anyone is interested I'll explain what I did there. I also replaced the wheel bearings with some used ones I had kicking around. I have since ordered a set of sks for it.
My carb was fine right out of the crate. I cant really complain its a fun little bike. My speedo is way off, unless I somehow got an incredibly fast Magician. My daughter keeping up with her Express 2 makes me think my speedo is junk...If any other Magician owners have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I gotta say this China stuff is pretty neat.