Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

lowering link install

I installed the lowering link on my RX3 and took a few picks showing process, enjoy.
Pressing the bearings out of old link and into new link were the only hard part if you don't have a press to do it with. You need some sort of bushing to support the link while you push the bearings out of the link and back in.
The only problem I had was not pressing the bearings in each side far enough which didn't allow the seals and inner bearing to be narrow enough to fit back in frame bracket. When I tried to put the new one back on it was to wide to fit in the RX3 front bracket so I had to press them in a little farther. If you have dial calipers, measure how wide your old link bearings are set at and set them the same in the new link and you should be good to go.
Since I have oversize tires on my rX3 compared to the originals , I think this lowering link brought it back down to the seat height it was when new. I have forks lowered also about 3/4" and have room to go 2x that with the bar risers on it now. I'm 5'6' so every little bit helps
rj

comparing old link with new.

6" bottle jack used under centerstand to take weight off rear wheel suspension.

only 2 bolts holding link on 15mm and 17mm sockets needed to remove.

link removed

pressing out needle bearings from old link

All the thingies that came off the original link that need to be put on new link

5 ton press used to put bearings back in new link

other side bearing install

done