Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #46

It would appear to me that the ECU is just a process controller the software of which would lay out the parrameters.So really if you want to adjust the fuel air ratio it should be done by the software it also should include any ignition timing as this is also part of the set software. There are multiple inputs and only the fuel injector anf ignition are funtioning outputs. So to make any changes will require changing or altering the software. There is also an open loop in the beginning which becomes a closed loopwhen the engine has warmed. So if one cheats and changes input values of any of the temperatures the closed loop in the end will bring the process into line via the O2 sensors output. Either it will bring the fuel air ratio to within given parrameters or it will call a fault and go into limp mode. With the lifan ECU we do not have the ability to down load the ECU map and until such time as ECU hacker can do this if ever we are up the creek without a paddle. Just how smart these ECU's are I do not know but if one can define the O2 sensors operating range and slightly adjust that to slightly increase the fuel air ratio the ECU might just accept the input from the O2 sensor as genuine. However as I am quite new to these ECU things there is much for me to learn, and playing with some of these sensore will help the learning curve.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #47

The computer in the RX3 delphi MT 05 is a computer taken alive from the car and even, and you can set it to run on 4 cylinders moreover, it learns the driving pattern and just like in the car, if someone drove slowly, then after changing the driving style to dynamic for a while will be slightly muddled identical effect I have in the car as a longer time driving it my mother most of this information comes from the description of HOD ECU HACKER and can be found there.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #48

Lukas: Do you have a link or address to the Italian guys that you mentioned ?
I agree with you, this could go bad very very easily in fact it's more probable than not !
I started this because I wanted to turn down the Idle My bike idles at 2100 RPM and I do NOT like that.... I also would like more UMPH when the throttle is opened there is not that crisp pop from the engine its a muffled poof that tells me it is far too lean on acceleration.... if it were a carbed engine it would already have been fixed !
but this old man needs to learn something new so I am doing it the hard way... learning!
My bank Killed my bank card because of "suspicious activity" I tried to buy a OBD2 cable from china through one of there fences here in the USA.... that is suspicious so they killed my card ! GRRR it just so happens that my Phone and Amazon account were effected by this card killing... the bank said oh you know about it? then we'll turn your card back on.... give it 15 minutes ! .... I tell ya guys this day and age everyone is so PARANOID ! Bank of America is a paranoid bunch !

Bob......

Old 07-20-2022, 06:44 PM   #49

https://oldskulltuning.com/

oldskulltuning@gmail.com

price went up from 30 to 40 euros but there is a crisis in Europe so no wonder

Old 07-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
Lukas: Do you have a link or address to the Italian guys that you mentioned ?
I agree with you, this could go bad very very easily in fact it's more probable than not !
I started this because I wanted to turn down the Idle My bike idles at 2100 RPM and I do NOT like that.... I also would like more UMPH when the throttle is opened there is not that crisp pop from the engine its a muffled poof that tells me it is far too lean on acceleration.... if it were a carbed engine it would already have been fixed !
but this old man needs to learn something new so I am doing it the hard way... learning!
My bank Killed my bank card because of "suspicious activity" I tried to buy a OBD2 cable from china through one of there fences here in the USA.... that is suspicious so they killed my card ! GRRR it just so happens that my Phone and Amazon account were effected by this card killing... the bank said oh you know about it? then we'll turn your card back on.... give it 15 minutes ! .... I tell ya guys this day and age everyone is so PARANOID ! Bank of America is a paranoid bunch !

Bob......

As for changing the free revs, you can do it yourself, but you still need to have an open taxtric port for $35 and will show you how to do it oldschool tuning will be more in favor of changing the map and not too much they will want to change just the revs, because they will be stupid to take money for something like that get the hardware, because you need to have it anyway and we will make a patch for you I have a patch created by me changing the capacity from 249 to 298cc I am still thinking about reducing the fuel injection time before the motorcycle starts.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:50 AM   #51

Thanks Lukas ! I left them a message we'll see if they respond ! LOL
Bob......

Old 07-21-2022, 03:59 AM   #52

I have the bike in the shop now so I can easily hook up the laptop to it and see what is going on on it.... I did not anticipate not being able to see the screen LOL
Bob......

Old 07-21-2022, 06:43 AM   #53

OldSkulltuning responded a bit ago and said they don't have any files for the RX4, then he asked what I was after ... I told him a tuned file and asked if he could modify my ECU program for me.....
we'll see about his response !
Bob......

Old 07-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #54

My map was done by Mauricio remember you don't have a graph from a dynamometer so it would be good for you to write down what the power curve looks like in the rx3 is between 6000Rpm and 8000Rpm more or less so they added power from 1000 RPM to 6000 RPM and I have a simple curve rally so you need to take a piece of paper pen drive around and see at what RPMs the power is lacking, that way they will know what to crank up.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #55

Well He sent me this link ...https://oldskulltuning.com/delphi-mt...atv-and-bikes/ and now I am more confused than ever....
they don't have anything for the RX4... but they do have a calibration file .XLF or what ever that is called, so you can tune your map.... that cost 40 euros... evidently that is what you got Lukas you got a calibration file, so now you can modify your map... RIGHT ?
I'm confused as to why I would need to buy a calibration file ! I thought I was trying to buy an entire map. (that they do not have) so I guess I need to buy a calibration file so I can modify the map I have.... i thought I could modify the map anyway without that.... but evidently not ?????
I did notice in HUD ECU HACKER that if you go to the tuning map it tells you , You must load a calibration map before you can modify the value... this must be the calibration file they are talking about eh ? and the HUD ECU HACKER won't work without it.... do I understand this correctly now?
what calibration file should I get I assume for the MTO5 ECU they have like 30 of them there...
thanks for the help.
Bob........

Old 07-21-2022, 12:13 PM   #56

Uch no they want you to do it with their program and to work in their program you have to have this XLF (bin) file and you don't care because you won't be able to connect to their program and forget about it write to them that you would like to send them the BIN map file. And, to have Mauricio turn it up for you like he did once in Zongshen rx3 to a guy from Poland the computer is the same and you are to have in the price in addition 1 correction free of charge.

Old 07-21-2022, 12:19 PM   #57

Do not worry for me also at the beginning it was difficult to get along with them after a long conversation I asked briefly if they would turn up the map for me for 30 euros, if I send it to them they wrote that yes I sent and sent me a ready turned up map in total it is 2 maps, because 2 heavily turned up, and that's all.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #58

Hummm.... yah I don't want their program I have enough problems with this one I don't need more !
I did just order a Tactrix openport 2.0 J2534..... so I have it coming evedently it did not like my chepo adaptor so I got one that ECU hacker recomended !
it was $35.00 and I had to pay using paypal ( I hate them)
then maybe I can down load the ECU ....I hooked it all up this morning and tried to DL the ECU to a file but it gave me a page or errors and aborted the DL....
at one time I had the option to do a echo test but now the echo test button is greyed out for some reason..... no explanation as to why or anything but I think it is because I selected the MT05 at the top....
so I am at a standstill once again !
... sounds like OldSkulltechnologies is one to stay away from they want you to do it their way and I don't feel like playing around in a binary file !
... we'll see what the new adaptor does if it works and allows other parts of the program to work ( which I expect) i may not need them .
back in my day that was considered poor programing now days poor programming is prolific everywhere ! you do not make a program dependent on user inputs without extensive explanations.. but they abound in this program ! especially areas of a program you cannot get to without jumping through a bunch of hoops
..... and to change the items IN the ECU you have to load a calibration file with no explanation on where or how to get one or which one to load . I can see why the guy gave the program away for free now ! you have to think HIS WAY to make it work
and I don't know enough about it to think ANY WAY yet alone His way !
I am quickly becoming disillusioned about this whole affair !
Bob.....

Old 07-21-2022, 06:18 PM   #59

Bob my former boss from a car repair shop bought a map uploading equipment for $2500 that connects all the time to the internet and for uploading a map to a car he takes $65 for such a service and for that you have to have a map and the ready one costs $190 and oldschool tuning gives you a program because it is made for them to work better and a calibration file, which they give you allows you to make a preview of the tuned version of the map and you can copy it or slightly change it, and it's awesome, but you need to know how to do it, and for me this motorcycle is not worth enough for me to go into my own modifications, because it's too small an engine and I won't make a speed demon out of it.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:28 PM   #60

We are too uninformed in these topics remember that in the factories deal with the creation of maps specialized engineers earning a lot of money, and the factories do not want to be able to make modifications use dynamometers and motorcycles are tested ta thousands of kilometers this, what we are doing is a total amateur to this in a very budget edition and the Chinese save our ass, copying hardware in the form of open Tartaric port and selling it for a fraction of the price there is no need to complain you need to combine, and besides it's good fun to poke around the motorcycle to improve something, and then have the satisfaction that I have this enhanced LOL.