Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #61

Ok Oldskulltechnoligies said they have a "BASIC" map file for $75 Euros and with their Calibration file you can tune it how ever you like.....(using their software of course)
and there list of bikes is fairly long and includes the Zongchen but they don's say which one...probably your RX3 ...LOL

I am wondering what it actually takes now to modify my map file on the bike ! because
if I try to modify one of his example files the program tells me I have to load a calibration file... it does NOT say which one or where that file comes from or if you have to make it yourself or what. it does look to be a binary file that it is looking for and there is a drop down window that you can choose a file to load from that has ONE file in it. I clicked on that file and it took me to where that file originates from ! ( not what I wanted) i go back to the place where I was and then try to modify and it says you have to load a calibration file AGAIN.... it's like it got bumped out and is not working.
I suspect that you can't do that on a example file, or must be working on a fresh flash download... (that is what I suspect)
My J2534 adapter will be here Wednesday or Thursday and I can try that and see if I can Down load a copy of the entire ECU for safety sake .... once I have a copy
I can then see if I can change something ...using a fresh copy of the ECU and the good working J2534 adapter might make more calibration files show up in that list
at least that is the game plan right now.

Bob.......

Old 07-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #62

Bob I talked to Maurizio they now have a lot of dyno test but he can make for you two ready-made maps for 50 euros you have to send him your bin file. and you will get 2 ready-made versions slightly and strongly overclocked, that's all I managed to arrange.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:41 PM   #63

Why thank you Lukas ! sounds like a Bargen to me...however I can't get the bin file just yet..... still waiting on the J2534 adaptor to arrive... ( and it's before payday gott'a wait till the 3rd, by then the Adapter should have been here already !)
Just got back from a very hot drive to the valley and back 70miles one way.... and the traffic was horrindious ! never seen the freeway so packed with idiot drivers everywhere ! I am one happy guy to be home !!!
I'll let ya know when I get that bin file.... that's down loading the entire ECU right ?
Bob.......

Old 07-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #64

Yes and if you get this adapter you ca do this with cars too in this youtube chanel there is many informauon

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tactrix Adapter.jpg (19.0 KB, 130 views)

Old 07-23-2022, 03:22 AM   #65

AHH ! thank you for that ! that answered a bunch of questions quickly !
I'll have to watch it several times to let it soak in ! LOL
Bob.....

Old 07-23-2022, 07:33 PM   #66

Well, I tried it again with my old adapter and it's a no go.... I tried several settings and put it on the K-line adapter one where it un-greys out the "echo test" box and did an echo test
and of course it failed and exited out I had to re load it about a dozen times but each time it failed and exited out.... so there is no doubt...it wasn't the settings.... it just don't work!
....so when the J2534 adapter finally gets here I think I have a better Idea on what to do
.... change it to ferinhite and change the file names of the saved file and then, go for it.
I am almost positive I should be using the DELFI-Ramino or what ever it is called as the base file at the top left sense my RX4 uses a DELFI ECU.... so that is the one I have been using...
....the lap top I am using is infuriating...I had to turn it off and re load it 3 times before it finally booted up correctly and I have no idea why it's doing that My Kid has it hooked to a cloud of some sort and it's not signed in and it confuses it terribly for some reason.
....Aurgh !
....one cable should be here Wednesday and the J2534 just says they shipped it with no time for delivery ... so I must be patient I guess !
Bob...........

Old 07-23-2022, 07:55 PM   #67

Bob, if you connect the computer to the motorcycle, always do it offline, because if something starts to update and god forbid it breaks the connection to the computer and you do some modification then the ECU will turn into a brick and have a laptop connected to power, because it will go in power saving mode programs to communicate with the ECU used to need powerful single-core processors also remember not to update the software in open tactrix port 2.0 on the official site, because the device will lock up the Chinese write about it on aliexpress and have updates on mega. io.
But you do not need to update it I writes, because I see you have a lot of ideas I do not know what adapter you are using, but probably is a Chinese low-quality clone and does not include instructions. In the description on the page HUD ECU HACKER

Old 07-24-2022, 04:14 AM   #68

Ok I won't update the J2534 adapter....
Good idea to check that laptop for auto updates... thank you ! that could realy mess things up ! and Yes I have been using it with AC power the battery isn't the best any more it's a HP lap top fairly fancy one that goes fairly fast ....
I think I'll fire it up and do some house cleaning on it ! LOL
Yah my old adapter is a cheepo low quality clone like you guessed.... it says on it "works with all OBD2 systems".... HA ! ..... no it doesn't!

.... if HUD ECU HACKER says I need to install the USB driver (the window pops up)
should I do that ?
Bob......

Old 07-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #69

yeap

Old 07-24-2022, 04:42 PM   #70

Okie doky ! we'll do dat then !
LOL

tried to Turn off automatic updates on the laptop but they only have a pause updates button...you can't friggen turn it off ...of all the stupid things !
and I had to do all the updates in order to pause it again.... it's windows 10 but not like the windows 10 pro I have on my desktop AURGH ! so 2 hrs later it finally gets done.... and I'm waiting for the thing to blow up because we all know how great the updates are your lucky if the computer works after a windows update ! the HP laptop is great it's the operating system that bites !

Bob...

Old 07-28-2022, 12:26 AM   #71

Still waiting for UPS to deliver my cable was supposed to be here yesterday i got a notice that it will be delivered tomorrow.... it's always the same with UPS they are never on time !
.... so I took off the side stand and shortened it by about 1/2" more I have already shortened it once before by 1" now it's a total of 1 1/2" shorter than stock and I am hoping it won't stand so vertical when parked on pavement now.... nothing worse than going into the store and getting your stuff and then finding your bike on it's side when you come out .... been there done that !
....you make real sure that the bike is secure after that !
Bob......

Old 07-31-2022, 05:38 PM   #72

Aurgh ! still waiting for my J2532 adapter it's been sitting in wittier ca. for 4 days now getting ready to be mailed to me by USPS..... their shipping is 3 times worse than UPS !
i may get it this week and I may not.... if they can get it to USPS i'll have it in 3 or 4 days but it looks like it is just sitting in their terminal.....
it's been very hot here, well over 100deg. and we have a huge forest fire about 21miles away that is threatening Yreka,Ca. the whole town has been alerted to be ready to evacuate..... where does 15,000~20,000 people go .... when your evacuated ? forest fires are serious business ! they leave nothing in their wake !
Bob......

Old 08-03-2022, 10:08 PM   #73

Well, I finally got the J2532 adapter ! took them long enough !
but I haven't even plugged it in yet as I just haven't had the ambition to do it ( typical)
I have the Kawasaki Ninja 250R in the shop at the moment , I was working on the back rack and box I put on it. I'll roll the thing out of there and then put the RX4 back in the shop and try to down load the ECU base file....
it cost me $167.00 for liscnses on the RX4 this year because I was one day late.... there is no grace period with the DMV !
anyway, it's been too hot to work on anything so I've just been trying to stay cool enough not to pass out LOL.....the water hose is a good thing ! I soak myself all the time if I am outside ! .
Bob.....

Old 08-04-2022, 01:53 AM   #74

Ok I think I successfully down loaded the entire contents of the ECU.....
came inside and started looking for a way to see what it says and came up short....
it's a binary file (obviously) and i didn't see a way to use it in HUD ECU Hacker....
all the files it uses are .XML files not .Bin files .... so evedently what I need to do is hook it all up again and record a file to see my bike in the hud hacker.....
but at least I have a back up now !
so I'm slowly making progress !
Bob.......

Old 08-05-2022, 04:33 AM   #75

OK a bit more progress here, it seems that you have to select your saved .bin file ( the one you down loaded earlier) to look at it.... you do that in "Tuning" at the top left
sense I am on a different computer now I had to move the file to that directory and then I could select it ! .... so NOW I can see my RX4 ! and just a quick look through the stuff
I did see that the Idle is set to 1800 RPM when you first start it and then it drops down as it warms up...but not very far.... the engine size is set for 448.701 or something like that so I am assuming that that is correct....
this is really interesting stuff ! LOL
I am concerned about the Barometric pressure reading though, it says it's around 87 which i have no idea if that is correct or not.... I am at 3498'ASL here and not at sea level and it may well be something i need to change. I really need to record a run of this bike so I can see exactly what it is doing before I go much deeper in it. 14.6 for the AFR seems way too lean to me but it does run fairly good on that
and the power enrich section does make it slightly richer but only a small amount it never gets any richer than 13.6 or so and that is fairly lean in my book .... so I think that is one area where I can get more power out of this thing.
.... as far as a smoothe idle goes I think (not sure by any means) that the 14.6 FAR of the idle is the culpret ...they have this bike running so lean it's amazing that it runs at all ! when the bike is cold like I just started it there is usually a Slight sogg in acceleration coming off idle and that shouldn't be there at all.... but it has always been that way. you wouldn't think with the idle so high that that would be a problem but it is there....

interesting stuff !!!!

Bob......

Last edited by Bob Kelly; 08-05-2022 at 06:07 AM.