Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

'85 xr200r and a lifan 200cc... Now what?

So I just got '85 xr200r frame and a lifan 200cc motor, unfortunately I ordered the motor without the carb wiring harness or anything. This is the first time I have really ever f#&% around with dirt bikes and I dont really have a clue what I am doing. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has advice as far as what I should get as far as a carb or harness etc. The rear sprocket also looks enormous, will that be a problem for the lifan to handle? Is there a general rule as far ratios? Does anyone know where I can find helpful videos for this build (not much that I could find on YouTube) really any helpful tips or tricks would be awesome! Thanks!

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 11-10-2020 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Removed foul language

Old 11-10-2020, 09:48 AM   #2

Firstly, welcome, I hope that we can help you.

Secondly, this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum, so please avoid cursing.

Thirdly (this one will have multiple points) :

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...vc-frame-help/

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...200r-85-frame/

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...valve-chassis/

I've heard that there's similarities between that frame and the 86-02 XR200 frame, you might have to get later XR200R mounts for everything to work, as the 84-85 XR200R frame used a different, non-2V motor.

I believe that the Lifan motors share the countershaft architecture of the 86-02 XR200Rs, if you get the motor in and the chain lines up, we can address your issues later, one at a time, as if that doesn't line up, there will either have to be custom brackets that are made, or you'll have to cut and weld the frame.

Everything else is pretty straightforward and easy, in comparison.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #3

Sorry bout the cursing! Non 2v motor? I'm not sure what that means... Its a different frame some other of the 85's I have seen (continuous bottom rail) maybe its a late model? The Dr motor I pulled was odd in that it had a double exhaust and double carb. It says rfvc on it... Like I said this is my first time messing with dirtbikes but it has been a dream of mine since I was a kid! Thanks I will check out those links!

Old 11-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #4

Dang.... Just read those links... I am in for some trouble I think....