Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #1

$440 dollar gio X31

Well, I bit the bullet and after a few tense moments on Giobikes.com.....I won a new in the crate Gio X31 250cc dirtbike, black in color.... for $440....add shipping and tax and I got the bike bike delivered for $869.45!!!!!

I haven't got it yet, Day and Ross expects it will be in Wednesday or Thursday. I plan on taking out most of the load bearing bolts and replacing them with their grade 8 counterparts.... getting rid of the grade 5 or less that is on there now.

Also, I plan on blue loctite EVERYWHERES!!!! I had a few bolts vibrate loose on the 125...and I am not about to be stuck with no wrenches 5 miles from home again.

I already got a performance CDI for it, and I plan on the performance coil just for kicks, but I don't wanna go all out on this thing...make it useless for the woods due to too much throttle or anything.

Anything I should watch out for when it arrives?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #2

Grats on the new bike! Awesome price as well, I'm guessing its the 19/16 model? There's a few of these bikes around on the forums here, and I think the owners are very happy with them for the most part. I'm sure some of them will chime in with good prep ideas to perform while you assemble it. Have fun and take lots of pics!

Old 08-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #3

Welcome!

You got that for $869.45? You suck. Welcome anyways.

The rough Metric equivalent of grade 8 is 10.6. Maybe you can find that grade at your local fastener shop.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #4

Congrats on the purchase! I got mine for $924 tax and shipping in. I just finished assembling mine and can offer a few hints as to what to expect:

1. Fuel lines should be replaced. They are very thin and mine were kinked. It is actually a really awkward angle going from the fuel tank, to the filter, and then to the fuel shut off valve. I'm probably going to introduce a 45 degree brass angle fitting in the fuel system to smooth it out.

2. Make sure that the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter is NOT resting on the top of the engine. There is a little metal clip/guide that the fuel line should be in. Mine was not and was just lying on the top of the motor. Lots of heat + gas = bad.

3. Grease up the front wheel axle.

4. Use loctite blue on any bolt you can find!

5. You might have to adjust the angle of the front brake lever/master cylinder. Looks like it's just zipped on with not much consideration for orientation.

6. You will more then likely have to adjust the clutch lever to tighten it up. Adjustments can be made at the handlebar lever and the actuator that feeds into the motor.

That's about all I can think of right now...

Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #5

X2 on the fuel line. I use the blue snowmobile stuff, because it remains flexible even in cold weather. As well, you can visually confirm fuel flow through it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Welcome!

You got that for $869.45? You suck. Welcome anyways.
Shipping must be more to you, i bid $566 and at my door was $885.50

Old 08-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #7

Yea....it costs a little mroe to get all the way to the east coast lol.

Overall I am pretty pleased with this bike. I found it pretty easy to put together. I had my $4000 cabinet of tools to aid me, so it went a little faster than I thought. the only issues I had was teh little screw to hold the front number plate was missing and the fuel filter leaked like crazy!

the screw, all I did was walk over to the bolt bin and find a proper screw with a washer and a rubber O ring...cost to me nothing. boss said we has some, go get what I needed lol.

But the fuel filter was another issue. I bypassed it to see if the bike would run....then I found out about castings in the tank from the manufacturing process....carb flooding out and overflowing...not a big deal. I fixed it with the pics I promised...but I need to get my phone charged up before I upload them. I went to Canadian tire, bought some clear 3/16" line at the the auto section and went to the garden section to find a filter....$6 for the filter and $4 for the tubing.

I am happy with the power...not neck breaking but it hauls the hay!! I think I would be happier with a 6th gear, bring the rpm's down while cruising, but for $440 I ain't gonna complain!!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #8

Glad to hear you got it assembled and running. Looking forward to those pics.

The tubing you picked up at Canadian Tire isn't necessarily fuel line, and the filter is quite likely Chinese. While that seems fitting, I had a Chinese filter come apart on me, and luckily it was after the ride was done for the day.

I recommend that you buy some quality fuel line and a USA-made filter from a local bike shop. It's very inexpensive, and the blue stuff is rated for very cold weather.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #9

How exactly do I go about adding pics to a forum post? I don't have any external picture albums, but I do have Facebook.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #10

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=11188

Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #11

Let me know if this works for you. FB says I can share it with ANYONE, FB members or not.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8030b71&type=1

If it don't work, let me know. I will upload to a host site and try again.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #12

Here are the results of the work I had dopne.....PERFECT idle.

Now, I need a clutch cable, because I rent to take it for a drive....and the cable broke right at the handle......GREAT!!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #13

It'll be easy to pick up a new generic lever at the local bike shop. The price should be fair.

The pics work for me, and I'm not a FB user. The bike sounds good. 8)