Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #16

Amstar has (had?) a similar bike to the Boom bike, but with the same 49cc engine as the bike I took a photo of. Yes, analog gauge, and drum brakes, but they ARE retro, after all I did not look closely at the engines, but if I make it back out there, will definitely check to see the similarities. All the years going back to visit L.A., and now living here the past year and a half, this was the first time visiting the shop. It is about 20 minutes away! Ironically, he said he is thinking of leaving California, and moving to, of all places, Yuma, AZ; his wife has family in the border region of California, about 50 miles west of Yuma, but he wants to actually live in Yuma because it is NOT California. Yuma could definitely use a shop selling low cost Chinabikes but with high quality service.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #17

If i could find analog gauges to replace my digital speedo / tach on my Vader, I'd buy them / it in a heartbeat. I detest the electronic read outs, they are hard to see and read in bright sunlight where analogs are not .New is not always better and a gauge i can't read is no good to me , i dont care if you can change it to six colors , i just want to be able to see the damn thing .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
If i could find analog gauges to replace my digital speedo / tach on my Vader, I'd buy them / it in a heartbeat. I detest the electronic read outs, they are hard to see and read in bright sunlight where analogs are not .New is not always better and a gauge i can't read is no good to me , i dont care if you can change it to six colors , i just want to be able to see the damn thing .
I hear you. I personally havent had issues with reading the stock Vader gauges, in sun or not, but a friend couldnt even see the red gear indicator during mid-day on a fairly sunny day and when the background color wasnt the bright red it was one of the colors that contrasts the gear indicator better--BUT my friend was wearing sunglasses and I'd bet that also a helmet visor could also make it more difficult to read the gauges .

To each their own--which is maybe why we aren't living in a country with one type of motorcyle (thank God for that!) that has no available mods, kind of like when the communists ruled one of their downfalls was the communist governments weren't/aren't anywhere as good as businesses are in capitalism at getting the people exactly what they wanted/needed and when they needed it--the "joke" was they couldn't even get their citizens toilet paper.---At least that's some of what I was taught in off the cuff coments in the lower level college economics, business, marketing and sociology classes by a handful of different professors, a couple of whom had visited Russia when it was the USSR and one had also visited Cuba under Castro decades ago among other places they had visited--although we didn't really focus on the topic of communist countries and what they were like at all and Im probably way off topic here but it just made me think of those few moments in those classes for whatever reason

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #19

the green background seems to be the best to read

Old 06-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #20

hi just picked up the boom 125-10 from foxpowersports2 weeks ago for $899 + shipping + -35 coupon... that's a damn steal ...........