Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #1

300cc 4 valve big power engine

This is TonyWang from ChongQing DongBen Industry CO.,Ltd of China,as a professional motorcycle&ATV manufactory,Very glad have the chance to show our product to you.

Now,we have a new design 300cc 4valve water-cooling 30HP big power engine. If anyone have interested.Pls contact me.

MSN:wang72274@hotmail.com

Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #2

Welcome Tony!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #3

Tony,
Are there any motorcycles available in the USA with the 300cc motor?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #4

yeah, tell us more, lots of folk interested i am sure

Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jape
yeah, tell us more, lots of folk interested i am sure
Pls check the details on : http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/386281035/ENGINE.html

Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #6

Would love this engine but how can i just order one? Would it fit in a XF125GY-2B

Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #7

I don't think its going to be a direct bolt in on a XF125GY-2B suzuki based engine bike . i'm going to try and fit one in a gy-2 lifanoid , you can follow along on my post here http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...er=asc&start=0

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #8

I'd be careful guys.... as Barnone says on the final post in the link above this post... "No EPA approval means the engine might get crushed by US customs".

If that engine Does not have an EPA Certificate for the USA it will be held in customs and the importer can be charged storage for any length of time the EPA sees fit. The engine may be shipped back to the country of origin @ the cost of the importer or it could destroyed @ the cost of the importer, the importer can be also fined.

As for Canada's rules, I hope one of the guys from Canada can chime in on this.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #9

You make me laugh you Americans! You put up with such a perverse variant of democracy. You can import weapons and ammunition but not a litlle 'bike engine! Hell, save the world from Co2 and go shoot a few kids in a school. Sort of lowers the carbon footprint I guess?

That's UK humour, don't get all upset now.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #10

We Yanks like our weapons. They come in handy every revolution.... 8)

As far as banning a little motorycle engine, I agree with you, its BS. The EPA thing is just one more way for the Big Friendly Benevolent government to take more money. :evil:

As far as the mythical 'carbon footprint' I don't give a rat's arse.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #11

Yeah, there's plenty of Aussies and UK folk got something stashed away, 'just in case'. Over in Aus we can't even carry a 3" bladed pocket knife. That is something I've done since I was ten and it isn't going to change.

I'm not sure the carbon footprint is a myth mate, but I reckon for every foreign non-combatant being killed daily you probably save enough carbon and methane to allow a itty bitty chinese engine like this in. Maybe your Prez will get some sense into the Chines Prez in their talks today? From the body language though I wouldn't hopefor much. You seem to be breeding a particularly weak bunch of politicians (both sides) to follow the evil snakes and fools you had last time. You sorely need another revolution I reckon.

Back on topic, if this engine is just another bored-out copy of something japanese, is it going to perform that well? I would like to see a smooth, solid, 250 - 350 cc engine at a reasonable price from ANYWHERE, even Detroit if it has any factories left.

Didn't Harley have a 400cc engine dirt bike once? Was it crap? How come no chinese factories copied that?

I think 250cc is the lowest power-to-weight ratio usually to get a lasting engine that can carry a decent sized bloke on two wheels, cruise economically at 60 mph plus and yet perform when needed for safety or in the dirt. hence interested in this engine but if the original poster is just going to point us at pictures he isn't going to get any real interest and get imports going to impress his bosses.

Doesn't seem to realise that human nature is like this: you create an interest amongst those willing to try and to experiment, then you back your mouth up and offer the damn things with some specifications and back up not just a bloody picture, then you nurture the idea, it catches on because it has some value (for reasons stated above) and you become rich with your brother-in-law/nephew importing them. Etc etc.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #12

Interesting idea about Detroit making small motorcycles. I'd like to see that myself.

The old Harleys of the 60's and 70's that were small displacement were not made by Harley but rather rebadged Italian bikes, Aeromachis, IIRC.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #13

jape

Sort of correct, Harley Davidson did have a bike they made foe the Military. I saw one many years ago @ the dealer down the street from me. the bike was brand new at the time. I don't remember what size engine it had {I was thinking a 650 & it may have} but what I found listed was a 350, 500, & a couple others. They most likely were not copied due to having a Rotax engine as a power plant. Below is a MT500.

Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 AM   #14

Armstrong..... Harley bought Armstrong (a British bike manufacturer). Rotax engines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armstrong-CCM_Motorcycles

I'm still not "getting" this carbon footprint thing. How can a SUV that get's 8 mpg be "good", while a bike that get's 60 mpg is "bad"? Sounds like a "load of old bollocks" to me, and one of the biggest con jobs on the planet. If you stop to consider the resources used to produce that SUV and the resources just to keep it fueled to the dirtiest running motorcycle the motorcycle has to win hands down. Tell me this: when was the last time you just threw a motorcycle away? Yet we continue to manufacture vehicles weighing thousands of lbs with limited (10 year?) life cycles.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #15

I knew I wasn't hallucinating so I did a search, I had a next door neighbour back in UK in 70's had a black dual-sport Harley, I think it was 250cc , (for only about six weeks of course as that was the best you could get out of them!)

Some of the chaps over at thumpertalk are as old as me ...
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/arc.../t-406684.html