Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

2017 venom x20 "vader" bulk of at least 4 for $999ea delivered

i was brainstorming on this deal offered to me by venom. $999 each delivered minimum of 4. i can set this up with mods: 17t428, 34t jtr 428, jtr 428 chain, piranha exhaust, vagabond fender delete, mikuni vm22 kit. petcock, fuel line, brisk plug, 105 jet, and fuel filter for just under $280. provided i drive 20 miles to pick them up at terminal warehouse get them home to assemble for $1300(incl mods) in total cost each. how much would these sell each? i have been offered $1500 easily for the one i already put together as modded with the things stated above....? having to rid of the crate garbage is a pain to deal with as well. $1700 for each sold would be tempting to go for this idea....
Attachment 12743

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #2

personally if I was looking to do this I would just have the parts available as a kit. That way you can not be held accountable if there is a problem as your selling them as new. Now if your selling your personal bike as used then that a different case as it buyer beware when it comes to a used bike. just my 2 cents, do as you wish.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #3

It could be a good experience for you. Consider what sshevie is saying about used vs. new--these would be technically new, but legally 'used' since you are not a dealer. Also what he wrote regarding the parts being installed or sold as a kit. But if buyers don't care and you could make a few hundred a piece on the side, go for it!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It could be a good experience for you. Consider what sshevie is saying about used vs. new--these would be technically new, but legally 'used' since you are not a dealer. Also what he wrote regarding the parts being installed or sold as a kit. But if buyers don't care and you could make a few hundred a piece on the side, go for it!
thanks fam,
i think i am forced into a used bike status, i can't think of a way in tennessee to transfer the title to my buyer without titling it in my name.
the title does come blank where the buyer fills out but i dont get a blank bill of sale.....bill of sales do not have to be notarized in tn but using white out on buyer info is illegal......
besides, by me placing a tag on it re-ensures the buyer they can too if a tn buyer.....this adds $130(110 if transferring old tag) to my cost.

i have contacted a few distributors of my parts needed and most of them can offer me a discount if i buy 4 or more. that helps a smidgen..... i really think this setup is needed to catch the eye of the buyer. i have a family member to invest interest free to jumpstart me..... really close to pulling the trigger, but should decide soon for good weather season, and shipping assembly and title takes approx 2 months turnaround

Old 04-27-2018, 04:39 AM   #5

imapdog, one thing I would suggest is that you give your local DMV a call and see how many vehicles you can turn over in a year before they make you register as a dealer. I had one year back in GA where I sold six cars, and got a (not so) friendly letter from my DMV that basically said if I bought or sold one more car during the next 12 months, I would be fined and forced to register as a dealer (about $8,000 in total registrations costs, plus a liability insurance policy and a bond). Also, in today's sue-happy world, if you uncrate the bikes and assemble them, you're assuming a huge risk if the wrong bolt comes out at the wrong time. It may almost be easier to sell the bikes still in the crate, with all the upgrades and mods on top of the crate. Then whoever your end-user is will have the responsibility of assembly and such. I like the idea of buying a batch of bikes at a steep discount and reselling them to make a couple bucks, but one dissatisfied customer in the beginning could really be tough to bounce back from. There was another rider on the forum in South Carolina thinking of doing the same thing from some warehouse space he had near a main road, but I don't remember much in the way of details. Please keep us posted with how you decide to move forward with this.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #6

I am pulling the trigger today. i will keep you posted. hopefully this recent idea doesn't get me banned here. i like all of you. everyone here is a good example of how the world goes around.....i will keep this going here good and bad, but mostly honest outcome will be shared. its only small change, but you gotta keep trying, right? i ordered 2 red, 1 blue, 1 black, and still have the blue one.....not trying to get rich on these 4 new ones, but if it goes well i will flip them all day long, well just under the radar....shhhh. moderators'....i wont advertise here, just report how this adventure goes....

Old 05-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #7

ordered 4 from venom canada dispatched from boom

my four x20 vaders(2 red 2 blue) have been dispatched from boom:
they ran out of black ones before the wire was finalized....
be here monday

BOOM INTERNATIONAL
1111 CITRUS AVE STE 9
RIVERSIDE, CA 92507

Old 05-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #8

they loaded me down.

two 4x6 as a ramp. called in the muscle and slid them off to carport.
roughly 1100 lbs!
Attachment 12896
Attachment 12897

Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #9

I think this is a great idea, keeps us posted.
I was thinking about this as well, but not that many bikes. Maybe like one or two a year. I really like the process, bike deliver to my house, unboxing and the assembly/moding part of buying these bikes as much as riding.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:27 AM   #10

Wonder how much each would cost, including shipping, if you order a container load from China?

How much demand is there for small cc street bikes in the US? What's the top speed?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Wonder how much each would cost, including shipping, if you order a container load from China?

How much demand is there for small cc street bikes in the US? What's the top speed?
When the Grom first came out, there was big demand, then it seemed like the 'trend' went away, but then there was demand again, not to mention all the Chinese minis which kind of/sort of copy the Grom. You could order a container directly through Boom! aka Baodiao who have an office in So. California.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #12

enough for a squad

Attachment 13284

Old 06-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #13

pretty cool hope it works for you i know around hear i see guys selling a few china bikes or ATVS ,seems though they have enough of the sellers down south,you take up north there very small amount of sellers,or dealers,around hear in NE ,they tend to up the price as well too,i think the nearest dealer is like indiana ,an some may have warehouses in penn area ,but need to go south for the most part an buy online,we have some sel them like said but cost to advertise ,or become a dealer seems to be costly

so they are selling them up hear has to be more a word of mouth ,like we have one dealer sells honda an all the others,also sells chinese atvs ,but does not advertise it on his site,one has to go to his store an see what he has

Old 06-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #14

i like the red too, maybe deadpool theme?

Attachment 13313

Attachment 13314

Attachment 13315

Attachment 13316

Attachment 13317

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post

LOL--reminds me of a mother duck and her ducklings!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150