Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
LOL--reminds me of a mother duck and her ducklings!!
yes, but which one is the ugly one?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #17

all assembled now and tuned

titles due any day now from state.
prob lost my profits in the carb upgrade learning curve on the x20.
carbs have always scared me and i now know why my instincts were to stay
away from them. i do come out knowing lots more about them, but
the voodoo is real for me.
almost ready for business.
hopefully this test run at least breaks even.
i can hold out and not rush the sales bc the loan was free of interest and long term.
Attachment 13362

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #18

Are you selling the ATV as well?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Are you selling the ATV as well?
yes, this is my third one of the bull200. they are awesome out of the box, plus no waiting on titles or sales tax.....i highly recommend the bull200. fast assembly and easy.
seems to be a pretty solid/good atv besides the vibration. haven't put one through the ringer yet tho... harbor freight coupon to get the winch for 49.99 and 20% off coupon toward 4.99 mount plate. maybe $15 for materials...so nearly $75 for winch with remote installed. only mod other than winch is i replaced the fuel lines with better ones and removed emissions

Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
yes, this is my third one of the bull200. they are awesome out of the box, plus no waiting on titles or sales tax.....i highly recommend the bull200. fast assembly and easy.
seems to be a pretty solid/good atv besides the vibration. haven't put one through the ringer yet tho... harbor freight coupon to get the winch for 49.99 and 20% off coupon toward 4.99 mount plate. maybe $15 for materials...so nearly $75 for winch with remote installed. only mod other than winch is i replaced the fuel lines with better ones and removed emissions
Nice job on the bikes. I like the concept. You're providing a service for the person that is not so mechanically inclined and giving the a produced that they can just pay for and ride. Are you providing any after sales support like servicing or repairs?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
titles due any day now from state.
prob lost my profits in the carb upgrade learning curve on the x20.
carbs have always scared me and i now know why my instincts were to stay
away from them. i do come out knowing lots more about them, but
the voodoo is real for me.
almost ready for business.
hopefully this test run at least breaks even.
The carburetor "voodoo magic" feeling will disappear once you start to grasp it more. Remind yourself that a carburetor is a simple fuel metering device. All you are doing is calibrating the meter to deliver more or less fuel. Every throttle range has it's own main meter and all of those meters work together and add to the next one.

You may have taken a small loss or broke even on the first one, but now that you grasp it, the rest should be simple. Plus, now that you have figured out the jetting, pretty much every bike after that will more or less need the same formula for your area. That will make initial setup very quick and easy.

One advantage of them being technically used bikes is that you can state the sales as-is.

This idea is actually something I had considered doing with the Hawk 250. The issue is, the labor hours going over the whole bike like I do combined with the materials, would easily tack on $500 to the price of the bike. If I could get a deal on a few of them cheap enough (say $1000/ea.), and then do all of the improvements necessary to make them a GOOD bike, it might make them worth it to some guys, but it would still be potentially placing them in the $1600-1700 price range.

Heck, at that point it would likely be a lot cheaper for me to spec out my own bike with a manufacturer and order a container of bikes, but then that comes with it's own mess of headaches. I honestly wish I had the means to open my own shop to sell these bikes legitimately. My idea of the perfect Hawk includes a 450cc engine though, which would price it well out of the "cheap and cheerful" market.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #22

i only have two left 1-red 1-blue

its been quite the experience in selling these.
i have purchased 6 in total and only 2 left.
been selling them comfortably at $1500. i have been listing them at
$1700 here and there with no responses. craigslist, facebook, and letgo have been my advertisement places.

The biggest issue i have come across is all the youngens wanting to chat
about these all day long. i have gotten to the point where i just dont have the energy to 'learn' these youngens about these chondas. next issue i have is
people go search venom and find it hard to buy from me when venom sells at or similar to my price. they are novice and simply dont understand they will most likely replace these mods i do anyways. they have it in their mind that venom will hand them replacement on a silver platter the day after they turn in a warranty issue....warranties simply are not performed in a timely matter or are cost effective.

$999 ea delivered, plus the cost of chasing them down 1.5 hour drive from house to roadrunner terminal. $250 in added mods, +assembly, +registration title in my name for as-is selling. so i am giving these away at cost around $1500. prob have 8 hours in assembly time and tune each.

what i have learned is how to build these blindfolded and fix any issue. the most i have given myself from this experience is how a carb works and how to work on one until its dialed in pretty good. if i were to make money selling bikes, i will now buy used bikes jap or china, that are not running good from dirty/bad carbs to work on them to re-sell. i think that is my direction now.... as before i could tackle any problem with successful fix, except carbs..that was the final 'peace' for me.

once i sell these last 2 i will buy a x19(grey) from venom and mod it to my taste, for pleasure get around town scooter... and to have something to tinker on with a 190cc changeover.

Last edited by imapdog; 07-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #23

$1500 is a steal considering you assemble it, put a carb and pipe on it and so forth, and dial it in to get it running like it should., especially when a lot of the market for these is to very young or inexperienced Riders who simply do not have the skills to do the work.,hell I know how to do the work but were i closer to you I'd have bought one just to have that much out of the way so I could move forward from there ,thats a lot of work already done plus no waiting if buying from you , all that need be done is jump on and go. I'm dealing with an unfortunate delayed shipping issue atm so believe me I appreciate all too well what benefits come with " Here it is ready to go right now today " lol !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #24

Have you considered to do what venom does and import them?

alibaba has all kinds of bikes listed,...

My buddy started importing frame machines, lifts etc from china and we've been talking about getting some bikes on one of his containers. I know it's not an easy thing, but really getting more interested in taking a shot at it. Seeing your experience is heartening. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #25

vader2 cb300f side by side. only have two vader2 left.

ok, since i haven't produced a profit on these with my method, i decided to make something happen and looked around for trades on one of my x20 vader2 bikes. a person found me nearby that wanted one of my vader bikes. i ended up trading even for a honda 2015 cb300f with 7k miles on it. it recently had a new crankshaft installed by honda dealer in a recall. it has new tires too. been hanging my head low because this vader selling idea went south in proclaiming profits.

i did learn how to work on carbs pretty good, but this trade makes me feel much better that something positive(other than gaining the knowledge of carb tuning) came of it. i am totally liking this cb300f, especially the fuel inj and water cooled engine. here is a side by side comparison of the vader2 and cb300f. they look pretty similar.... i have one red and one blue vader 2 avail at $1500 advertised locally. mention this ad and i will sell each one of my remaining vader2 stock for $1250.
Attachment 13867
Attachment 13868
Attachment 13869
Attachment 13870
Attachment 13871

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:54 AM   #26

If I lived closer, I would be all over a Blue one!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 08-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #27

imapdog, I hope you'll start a new thread on your CB300F.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
imapdog, I hope you'll start a new thread on your CB300F.
you trolling me? lol...
i thought i would be banished for even mentioning i have turned to the other side....it is a sweet ride....

Old 08-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #29

Not only do most of us have non-China bikes, several of us have started threads on them. Some members here no longer even own a China bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #30

The end

sold out.
wont do this again.
loss of time, but no loss in $.
wealth of knowledge obtained!
did score a great trade to offset the letdown.