Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

Doh! (Sigh) Txpowersports

Still pretty early in the game, ordered a magician from them on Wednesday as it was the best price I could find. I did not read about the terrible experiences some have had with this dealer. They did respond to my request for tracking info/confirmation with a saia tracking number, but it is not recognized on the saia website. They are claiming slow/backed up shipping due to weather and I do understand it's the weekend and the time it takes for things to update, but I'm getting a touch of cold feet at this point. Can anyone perhaps give me a little reassurance before I bother them for no reason? I've previously only dealt with Belmonte Bikes.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:49 PM   #2

Can't help out too much, as I had a decent shipping experience with them, but then TERRIBLE after sales support. I would say let it ride until Monday or Tuesday and see what shakes out. I ordered my Hawk from a slot machine in Las Vegas on a Tuesday, and it was at my house in Georgia that Friday. The crate actually beat most of the communication I had from TXPowersports. Take a deep breath, and give it a few days.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 03-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #3

Thanks so much for your reply. I think reading all the bad is my biggest issue so I'll quit that kind of dwelling lol. They have responded every time I've asked a question so there's that. Gonna be kinda crappy here in NY next week anyways so i have time to wait it out without being too antsy. I'm not totally concerned about aftersales, I knew that coming into the purchase. I love turning wrenches and that's why I appreciate CBs to begin with lol! Again thank you for responding! (I may have more questions later. Also if anyone is interested I have some photos of my boom electric grom clone build)

Last edited by MSpec; 03-27-2021 at 09:34 PM. Reason: More info

Old 03-28-2021, 02:10 AM   #4

Every dealer is backed up right now just like last spring with the first stimulus. Everything is starting to go out of stock again too. Not that I would trust any of these dealers but you are probably fine.

Old 03-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #5

Ordered a Viper 150 from Orion Powersports, they notified me of "extended ship times due to a massive surge in orders".

Same thing happened to firearms around here, stores were finally getting a decent inventory built up then stimulus hit and they were picked clean within a week.

The used vehicle market is just about as bad. Any thing decently priced sells in hours.

Old 03-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpec View Post
Still pretty early in the game, ordered a magician from them on Wednesday as it was the best price I could find. I did not read about the terrible experiences some have had with this dealer. They did respond to my request for tracking info/confirmation with a saia tracking number, but it is not recognized on the saia website. They are claiming slow/backed up shipping due to weather and I do understand it's the weekend and the time it takes for things to update, but I'm getting a touch of cold feet at this point. Can anyone perhaps give me a little reassurance before I bother them for no reason? I've previously only dealt with Belmonte Bikes.

Not everyone has had a bad experience with TXPS, some people have had great service with them. Be hopeful and just try to stay positive, I hope everything works out good for you.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 03-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #7

Thanks everybody for the positive replies. Goes a long way towards keeping me excited. I'll keep everyone posted along the way!

Old 03-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #8

It is true that some people have been happy with txpowersports ,they all have one thing in common ,they actually received a bike in good condition and didn’t need any follow up .Everybody else didn’t get something they paid for ,they might get a used returned bike ,or got a bike that had been dropped from the roof of a 4 story building ,they got broken plastic ,a bad engine etc. ,and when inquiring about getting the situation remedied they were either completely ignored ,they were told they signed for it so too bad ,they were accused of damaging it themselves ,and basically they are left SOL .Any company is only as good as the way they treat a customer ,either before ,during or after a sale and clearly txpowersports doesn’t deserve our business .

Old 03-28-2021, 11:22 PM   #9

i ordered from txps on 3-17...went through same thing....my order shipped and was due on 3-25...weather delay...confirmed freight delivery 3-29. now on to worrying about what shows up on the truck. hope thats helpful and or comforting. ill try and repost on this thread in a day or so after i get unboxed.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #10

Interesting. I'm glad you've made some progress! Please keep me posted on how it goes!

Old 03-29-2021, 10:56 PM   #11

woot woot

So im happy to report that my txps order(hawk 250) showed up. twelve days roughly. shipping box looked terrible, but bike was in great shape. had birth marks, skinned up handlebars and the red hawk lettering on gear side cover only had paint on the w and k. not a problem at all,for me. so as far as txps.....who knows, i got what seems like a good one. i think for me personally i stressed because after i mashed "buy" i wanted some fast response confirming
i was not getting ripped off. you wont get that. seems like a bite the bullet, pioneer, adventure, hope for the best deal.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:04 AM   #12

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out in the end. And I'm in exactly the same position as far as needing some confirmation from them. Ants in the pants and all that. But I'm really glad to hear about your luck! I'll just keep on keepin on till i get somewhere with mine. Hopes are a little higher now. Thank you! (We all want pics of the build!)

Old 04-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #13

I placed my Hawk order last Sunday. I figured they were running behind from the storms a few weeks ago. I messaged them yesterday and got a response today. Basically confirming they are behind. They use SAIA and UPS freight for shipping. They told me both companies were currently only picking up orders once a week.. They said my bike should go out late next week, or early the following week at the latest.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #14

I got the exact same response. If you use the tracking option on there page and put "tracking number" in the comment section they will send you a tracking number. That number will not be valid until its shipped. I just went on UPS freight tracking and put the number in like twice a day for a week or so until one day it showed my order. Its hard to be patient. Good luck! and keep posting with updates.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #15

My bike shipped today. Whooo!!

Tags
magician 250cc, newbie, txpowersports