Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juancho
Thanks otherride. I have just filed a complaint against the company with the better business bureau.
make sure the BBB is aware of what the ad says, and explain how they had the Tank Vision photo before, and how you did not get the bike the ad stated the features for. Heck, to go further, the Tank is a 250cc, freeway legal bike even in California. Keep pushing the issue of the bait and switch and how you think they were/are being fraudulent. California BBB takes this stuff fairly serious and either they will give in or try to fight your claims, but won't win. My guess is that they are recent immigrants from Asia who won't want to run afoul of the law and will get intimidated by the BBB. *Disclaimer* I say this not to bash any race or immigrants in general, but having lived in L.A., alot of the import/export businesses are run this way, and will give in and/or fold when someone calls them on their questionable business practices, and gov't agencies start to get involved

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #17

Hi Juancho
First of all Tank Sports does not sell to VIVA, that I know of. Tank Sports does not allow drop shipping unless the dealer is reputable. I would also contact Mike Turber at Tank Sports and let him know about this as this is Copyright Infringement & Fraud in the worst way, the biggest thing is Fraud. Mike Turber at Tank mike@tank-sports.com . Send him the web link and let him know your story. I know he won't be able to help you with the bike but he can do something about the VIVA having Tank's bikes on their website.
Like I said earlier did you use a Credit Card to purchase the bike? if you did do a Charge Back through the Credit Card Company. They will help you with this as I had to do it some years ago against SunL. Yes SunL stuff 95% of it is junk as far as I'm concerned.
Please don't rip on all Chinese ATV's & Motorcycles. I can't diagnose the problem you are having unless I talk to you...but I know what I sell is Chinese. I have been selling American Lifan, United Motors, SikkMX, Redcat, for over two years with little or no problems at all.
Honda's, Suzuki's Kawasaki's & Yamaha's bikes are built in China, Korea, Taiwan etc. etc. Look at their websites and see how many are made in different countries. Here is some proof.
http://www.linhaigroup.com/english/contact.asp
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/link/index.html
http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/index.html
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global.../01/joint.html
There are many others if you do some searching.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #18

For that matter, nearly everything you buy these days has Chinese components in it. From your TV, Stereo, VCR and computer, to the lawn tools you buy at Home Depot, to even the Ford, GM or Chyrstler you may drive.

The Chinese have come a long way in the past 10 years. The US and the Japanese have taught them how do to everything from metal casting and machining to building large highly complex multi cavity injection molds. And now a days, they do it pretty well.

But to get back on topic, I wonder if this may fall in the the category of "wire fraud": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_fraud

Quote:
Wire fraud is a legal concept in the United States Code which provides for enhanced penalty of any criminally fraudulent activity if it is determined that the activity involved electronic communications of any sort, at any phase of the event. As in the case of mail fraud, this statute is often used as a basis for a separate federal prosecution of what would otherwise have been only a violation of a state law.

The crime of wire fraud is codified at 18 U.S.C. § 1343, and reads as follows:

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.
So, not only would I contact the BBB and the credet card company, I'd also report the crime (because that's what it is) to the FBI/IC3 here: http://www.ic3.gov/

Old 05-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #19

Thanks everyone for your support. I have since sent in a credit card dispute claim to my bank. My bank has always been very good to me in the past, and I feel confident they will be able to resolve this situation.

Included in my complaint was a letter of explanation in which I detailed all the problems I am having with viva-motors. In addition, I enclosed pictures of their website, with the misrepresented product.

Last night, I adjusted the valves, removed and cleaned the carburetor, all to no avail. The bike will still not idle when warmed up without the choke. Adjustments to either the air-fuel mixture screw or idle screw make absolutely no difference what so ever. In short, there is something seriously wrong with this bike, aside from the fact that it isn’t the bike I order, and is missing a front wheel and the fuel leaks from the gas tank welds. Boy, I really wish I could laugh about this.

Man-o-man do I wish I bought the Lifan LF250 v-twin, that I was planning on getting all along. There is no way I would have bought this other bike if it weren’t for the fact that it was mis-represented as a Tanks Vision R1. Live and learn I guess

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #20

Any updates on this seller?

Allen

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #21

I am so very sorry to hear that you recieved the brut, with it's barley davidson saddle bags. Good Luck getting your front wheel... these are shipped in a seperate box with the front fender and Sunl is notorius for not shipping them with the bike. Getting management to ship them out to a customer after their own employees mistake is almost impossiable. They want the customer to pay for the shipping and naturally as the customer you should not have to pay for the mistake. Don't blame viva motors it is not their fault. I am sure they were told the motorcycle is a v-twin and given a real good deal from sunl. Once Sunl makes the sale to their dealer they are done. If the dealer complains or request things such as the front wheel then sunl claims the dealer is trying to mouse them. hopefully for viva motors sake they stop doing business with Sunl as soon as possiable. I would also request a new starter, solenoid, and regulator you will be needing it soon. If viva can't help call Sunl 972-243-4555 good luck and god bless.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juancho
Thanks everyone for your support. I have since sent in a credit card dispute claim to my bank. My bank has always been very good to me in the past, and I feel confident they will be able to resolve this situation.

******that is great and a smart move IMO! I would stay On top of this almost daily. Id call your bank daily to be almost a pest where they want you out of thier hair; remedy the situation and get your $$$$ back ASAP!!!!!!!

Included in my complaint was a letter of explanation in which I detailed all the problems I am having with viva-motors. In addition, I enclosed pictures of their website, with the misrepresented product.

Last night, I adjusted the valves, removed and cleaned the carburetor, all to no avail. The bike will still not idle when warmed up without the choke. Adjustments to either the air-fuel mixture screw or idle screw make absolutely no difference what so ever. In short, there is something seriously wrong with this bike, aside from the fact that it isn’t the bike I order, and is missing a front wheel and the fuel leaks from the gas tank welds. Boy, I really wish I could laugh about this.

*****Again I would not waste efforts in fixing a bike that you didnt want in tghe first place. Even if you got it to run correct and got the correct wheel you would still be aggravated every time you looked at the bike. Instead of spending time attempting to fix the bike use that energy to push your Credit card comapny/bank to move this along fast as possible.

Man-o-man do I wish I bought the Lifan LF250 v-twin, that I was planning on getting all along. There is no way I would have bought this other bike if it weren’t for the fact that it was mis-represented as a Tanks Vision R1. Live and learn I guess
*****Hopefully when this is all done....you will get all of your $$$$$$ back and then purchase the Lifan you wanted. In addition you will have the junk bike you bought that you can part out and sell on ebay to pay for some of the cost of the Lifan....I hihgly doubt they will attempt to get the bike back you currently have. Please keep this thread updated as to how all of this works out for you.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
VIVA carelessy shipped my bike. It came badly damaged, unacceptable. I refused the shipment. They wanted to ship me another one, blamed UPS for damaging it. I work in a distribution center, if it were on a decent pallet and had some extra packaging materials, it would arrived perfect. The shitty pallet broke apart, then all the stress went to the frame around the bike, which was all bent. I told them I wanted a full refund, and that I had already put the charge in dispute with Capital One. They didn't argue much after that, just asked me to fax some info over. So we'll see when I get my money.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
when it comes to dealing with these online distributors, you REALLY have to be aggressive and pretty much TELL them what to do. Don't ask questions. Just Tell them.. those who are aggressive from the first moment will be in control of the situation. Most of these shady bs business practices could be considered illegal and would have legal repercussions, if caught. So these people are just trying to get you to give up from frustration and pain. Make sure to ride their asses and TELL them you want them to give you your money back and to send a trash truck to your house to pick that pile of sh!t up.

Just be aggressively friendly in a sense.. don't just go in there guns blazing, but tell them and be assertive, you will get it all squared away...

Good luck manG!

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #25

Here's my experience with Viva Motors. I looked all winter for a "semi-automatic" pit bike for my son to ride, and of course for a pit bike at the races. I searched the internet far and wide, and kept finding myself back at the Viva Motors web site. So sometime in April I called them to order one of those 125cc semi-auto bikes. The guy on the phone took my order, credit card number, and the three digit verification number off the back of the card. He then told me he would be sending me an e-mail to confirm the sale. Okay, what ever. In the e-mail, he wanted my credit card number and verification number again, and I was supposed to e-mail it back. The guy must think I'm flipping nuts! I have never, and will never e-mail personal information like this. It's too easy for a hacker to get people's e-mails, and those e-mails with personal banking information are just what these crooks are looking for. I called Viva Motors back and told them there was no way I would e-mail my numbers. They need to take it verbally, or cancel the order. I really wanted that bike, so I tried a web site order. It had a secure page, so I placed the order. The next day the guy I talked to over the phone at Viva called and sounded upset with me. I guess he didn't get the commission from a web site order. I told him why, he still didn't understand. Too damn bad, I told him. Viva gave me a tracking number for my web site order. Two days later I checked on the tracking number, and found that the order was cancelled. Seems the sales rep at Viva cancelled my web site order, so I would call back and place a phone order so he would get commission. Well, I should have bought a bike from a different dealer, but I didn't. I called back, asked for any sales rep, but not the original one I dealt with. I placed the order via phone to another rep, gave her the commission, and left the original guy without. Viva's order process needs revised. No one in their right mind would e-mail a credit card number. Secure web sites are all I will use. Then, I finally get the bike. A Rocketa RDB125. Very nice engine, but crap for a drive chain. It didn't last a day. Had to cut part of the left side engine cover away so the chain would clear it. The rear shock rubber bushings wore out every other day for the first month. I finally ended up making shock bushings out of steel. Even nylon ones wouldn't hold up to the poor design of the suspension. Now that I have put about 20 hours of labor into making the bike right, I'm glad I bought it. But, I will never, NEVER buy a bike from Viva Motors again.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
when i placed my order they just asked for the last 4 of my credit card through the email.

bike arrived all beat up, i refused it, very poorly packaged. it may be a cheap bike, but its still $1000 of somebodys money, the least they could do is put some effort into sending it.

I then had the hassle of trying to get a refund.

eventually I got one, but i think only because I contacted VISA about it.

Now they are restructuring under a new name, maybe they've learned from all the bad transactions. maybe the new business will be better.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #27

Viva-motors is exactly the same as Nitro-motors......I spoke to Avi at Bh motorsports the company that runs the www.nitro-motors.com website.not sure why but www.viva-motors.com seems to be an inactive site and or business but BH Motorsports has the exact same info as both nitro and viva motorsports?
I expect my bike next week, its in the transport companies hands now so at least I know BH Motorsports sent something, maybe I will open up the box and find a dead horse or something though....I had a point where I thought it was a scam and the company started ignoring me and pissing me off...I called and called on the phone and said look I want a copy of the title sent by email I want a recall clearance letter sent by email and and invoice sent by email now ....all the things I needed to get the thing in transit...they said they would but didnt....so after an hour I fraggin' called back pissed as ever......finally they sent the copies..
I wouldnt look at them as bad or frauds yet anyways.Ill wait till the bike comes, but I think they are just doing there job, I know there are not too many dealers for these bikes around but someones gotta do it, I think they do a pretty good job....well see for sure, I might get that dead bronco afterall?lol...... 8O

Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #28

I bought a Viva vx200sx from them and it is supposed to come to me for sure tomorrow evening.....I get to ditch work to work on it!!
the shipping company says its in Toronto and it cleared customs Im in Ottawa only a couple hundered Kilometeres away...and the bikes coming all the way from California...I would say Vivas a pretty good company for sure...Ill let you know more once I see the bike tomorrow!!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #29

:evil: Good luck with VIVA they don't like to get back to there customers. I bought six bikes from them three years ago and had nothing but problems with their junk. Bad customer service.The bikes i bought had Roketa branded on them but of course neither company would help with anything. They just pass the buck.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Viva-motors is exactly the same as Nitro-motors......I spoke to Avi at Bh motorsports the company that runs the www.nitro-motors.com website.not sure why but www.viva-motors.com seems to be an inactive site and or business but BH Motorsports has the exact same info as both nitro and viva motorsports?
probably from the time they were sending out junk products as the originator of this thread mentioned, viva-motors was no longer in business. We had quite a few people at that time with bad experiences with them in particular, and then they went away. They have come back to life as Nitro!! 8O

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard