Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

Soon to be Magician Rider

Hey everyone, you might have seen my posts asking about the Magician already, but anyways, with the help of some great folks here, I ordered a Magician from Q9 this afternoon, so I should be receiving the bike in about a week's time! I spoke with Dalton at Q9 and he was terrific; it seems like my transaction with them will be great(fingers crossed). This will be my first bike, and I've been reading this forum for a while now while doing the research. I live in Chicago, so I'll be giving you guys some feedback on how the Magician feels in the city for those of you on this forum who live in a more urban setting. Hopefully the assembly and registration goes smoothly, and I'll be trying to give you guys as much feedback as I can about the Magician since it seems like first-hand information seems a bit slim at the moment. This seems like an awesome community, and I'm glad to be joining it!

Old 09-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
Hey everyone, you might have seen my posts asking about the Magician already, but anyways, with the help of some great folks here, I ordered a Magician from Q9 this afternoon, so I should be receiving the bike in about a week's time! I spoke with Dalton at Q9 and he was terrific; it seems like my transaction with them will be great(fingers crossed). This will be my first bike, and I've been reading this forum for a while now while doing the research. I live in Chicago, so I'll be giving you guys some feedback on how the Magician feels in the city for those of you on this forum who live in a more urban setting. Hopefully the assembly and registration goes smoothly, and I'll be trying to give you guys as much feedback as I can about the Magician since it seems like first-hand information seems a bit slim at the moment. This seems like an awesome community, and I'm glad to be joining it!
Glad your here. Dont forget about photos.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #3

Nice! I've yet to buy and considering this bike, and I'm in an urban area. Keep us updated!

Old 09-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #4

You should not have anything to worry about with the Magician since the Hawk has been holding up well for many, many members. Plus, since Motocheez has one, my guess he is going to release a new Magician video any time now, which should help you early adopters of the Magician, just as his numerous videos of his Hawk guided many an owner (not to mention Chinariders.net!!) and prospective owner of that bike. Of course, you Magician owners are far and few between, but I am guessing, once you guys post your experiences/videos, there will be a new cult of Magicians to go along with the Bashan Storm cult, RX3 cult, TT250 cult, Hawk cult, etc, etc.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Nice! I've yet to buy and considering this bike, and I'm in an urban area. Keep us updated!
With your commute, this one might be better sorted out right out of the box vs. the Hawk. But, keep in mind this bike seems to be made for smaller (shorter AND weight) riders vs. the Hawk. Motocheez's sounds nice and throaty out of the box, and it seems like the gearing is better suited for street duty, not to mention the dual-sport tires vs. the knobbies the Hawk comes with. (heck, RPS advertises it as less off-road vs. the Hawk on their site).

Keep in mind, however, that Hawks and Magicians are certified EPA as off-road bikes, so can only be registered in those states that will plate bikes based on street equipment rather than using the EPA/DOT list. A few members reported buying bikes in some states and never being able to get plates because of this (and ironically, other members in the same state but different location got theirs registered??!!). Just make sure you research first before buying to make sure you are good to go!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #6

It looks like a great bike for shorties like me(30" inseam) and I like the fact it's more geared for street according to motocheez. I just don't like small tank but living in urban areas not like we don't pass a convenient store every block.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #7

I forgot about the small tank...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #8

Yeah I like the short height of the bike, and I LOVE the look, much more so than the Hawk, but that's just my personal opinion. And yeah I don't mind the small tank because 1) I like the narrow tank aesthetically and 2) as mentioned, I can get gas on every other street haha

Old 09-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Will do. I'll post pictures when I get it up and running. And I'll be sure to detail how the whole transaction goes. This is my first motorcycle, so there's going to be a learning curve for sure, but I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
Will do. I'll post pictures when I get it up and running. And I'll be sure to detail how the whole transaction goes. This is my first motorcycle, so there's going to be a learning curve for sure, but I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can.
First Mc...

Urban rider, you have a serious responsibility to yourself to become an expert rider. Always be on point because the Cagers will hunt you down!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #11

Got mine yesterday, took an hour and a half to be riding it, Fun little bike! now just waiting on the MCO to get a tag!

Old 09-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
Got mine yesterday, took an hour and a half to be riding it, Fun little bike! now just waiting on the MCO to get a tag!
Was it that easy to assemble?? Or you just experienced?

Old 09-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Was it that easy to assemble?? Or you just experienced?
I am experienced, However it was simple. I had to install front tire, handlebars, and the back half of the exhaust. The left side handlebar controls and mirrors, then tighten everything. I have a impact driver/drill so that saveg time. un-crating was prolly the hardest thing :-)
oh yea add acid to the battery

Last edited by Jmcgee; 09-17-2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added line

Old 09-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.
Thank you! man this little bike is fun!