Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #1

Razz My hawk 250 build

Long time lurker but couldn't post for several weeks so I finally got a message into the mods and they got me fixed up now where I can post, thanks mods!
I purchased a Hawk 250 from PowersportsMax in November. I have nothing but good things to say about the purchase from them and would gladly buy from them again. Got the bike in less than two weeks and put it together with no issues. Thanks to the wealth of information here I took my time and greased everything that moves or pivots during the install. I changed the oil in the motor after a quick 10 minute ride. Then I put almost 100 miles on it. So far so good but just felt like there was more to be had from this little bike. This is where the fun starts. Again thanks to all the info from the good folks on this forum I knew right where to start my mods. Got the MSR shifter, big difference and I recommend doing it. Next was the muffler. Cut the cat out and took the screen off the inside off the muffler at the exit. Made a noticeable difference but still could tell the engine was struggling to breathe. So I did the air box mod. Again, noticeable difference but the engine wasn't putting out all it could. Sooooo I ordered the Mikuni carb and a set of jets. All I can say is HOLY COW!!! What a HUGE difference that made. I installed the 115 main jet and it REALLY woke the motor up big time. I am extremely happy with this bike and you owe it to yourself if you have one to at the very least do the muffler and carb mod. You won't be disappointed. Going to do chain and sprockets next when I decide what size I should go with. Also want to change out the oil in the forks. They are too soft and I only weigh 170 lbs. Thanks to everyone who ever contributed to this forum because it saved me a lot of time and money figuring out what I needed. Sorry but I don't have any pics and for those that are going to ask I got a Go Fast Green color