Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #1

271cc CG?

Has anyone tried it?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400087...0Q90.jpg_.webp
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 10-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #2

The cylinder in the picture is stamped as a 196CC. That's less than most of us have mounted now. Did I miss how to get to the 270CC mill? I wouldn't mind trying it if it was really a larger displacement.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #3

I scrolled over the pics and found this 300 cylinder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28A5D0A1-8244-4F97-80EF-01F18375C984.jpg (157 Bytes, 1054 views)

Last edited by 2372ighost; 10-11-2020 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Pic

Old 10-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #4

oversized pistons and larger diameter cylinder big bore kits are not uncommon but the issue is the wrist pin along with the jug being able to fit in the case.

the CG250 comes with a 67mm piston and 16mm pin as standard.

the CG200 has a 63.5mm piston and 15mm pin.

I am not familiar with the CG300 but looks to be a 69mm x 17mm

there will be a threshold where over sizing in non viable.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #5

I'm not super crazy about the Hawk powerplant as it is, so rather than trying to polish that turd, I'm thinking about breaking out the cutting torch and welder and making something bigger, more reliable, and decidedly Japanese fit. That would solve a ton of the issues that these bikes have. Please don't misunderstand, though. I'm not unhappy with the bike at all, I just have no illusions about what it can and cannot do. Right now my Hawk is running great (or would be, if I would charge the battery and ride it once in a while), but if the need ever comes up, I think a total heart transplant would be the way to go.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'm not super crazy about the Hawk powerplant as it is, so rather than trying to polish that turd, I'm thinking about breaking out the cutting torch and welder and making something bigger, more reliable, and decidedly Japanese fit. That would solve a ton of the issues that these bikes have. Please don't misunderstand, though. I'm not unhappy with the bike at all, I just have no illusions about what it can and cannot do. Right now my Hawk is running great (or would be, if I would charge the battery and ride it once in a while), but if the need ever comes up, I think a total heart transplant would be the way to go.
there's a few things we can do to the bikes that improve power quite a bit, I'm not sure how much power they can put out but I have no problem getting mine to into the mid 70s for top speed
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 10-11-2020, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
oversized pistons and larger diameter cylinder big bore kits are not uncommon but the issue is the wrist pin along with the jug being able to fit in the case.
When converting 230 to 299. The case is rebored, new connecting rod used new crankshaft.
Is not a drop in replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'm not super crazy about the Hawk powerplant as it is, so rather than trying to polish that turd, I'm thinking about breaking out the cutting torch and welder and making something bigger, more reliable, and decidedly Japanese fit.
Reliable? They are UBER reliable. I know cg engines with over 50.000 miles and they are still running strong.
The CG was designed to be reliable, no bells and whistles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
there's a few things we can do to the bikes that improve power quite a bit, I'm not sure how much power they can put out but I have no problem getting mine to into the mid 70s for top speed
People need to understand the these motorcycle are not made to impress people and ride into the sunset with a gang of bikers. They were made to be a cheap mode of transport.

Last edited by Wild Dog; 10-11-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:45 PM   #8

CG strong, Ride hard!

Old 10-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I am busy collecting parts to upgrade my Brozz Recon. I have a cam and roller followers coming (early Nov). I will order the 4 degree flywheel key today. Full gasket set is already here just in case. I plan to deck the head 1 mm and port and polish.

The 300 kit is listed on the link one legged posted if you look. It says 70 mm and also 69 mm? either way it is bigger by 2 to 3mm.

This kit is $55 plus $44 shipping so $100 all in ? i am very tempted seeing as my bike is about to be worked on anyway.

Paul

Old 10-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
I am busy collecting parts to upgrade my Brozz Recon. I have a cam and roller followers coming (early Nov). I will order the 4 degree flywheel key today. Full gasket set is already here just in case. I plan to deck the head 1 mm and port and polish.

The 300 kit is listed on the link one legged posted if you look. It says 70 mm and also 69 mm? either way it is bigger by 2 to 3mm.

This kit is $55 plus $44 shipping so $100 all in ? i am very tempted seeing as my bike is about to be worked on anyway.

Paul
There are listing for 70mm and 69mm because is not the same if you want upgrade a cg200 or a cg250

It's in spanish, but there is no need to understand it, just take a look at the work done.
In the intro they said that they had to rebore the case by 2mm