Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Tako, I'd be interested in a scan tool for the RX4.

Peter Y.
Took scan tool to my Zongshen dealer
When I got there he was finishing off an abs sensor replacement and his scan tool was on the ground, 100% exactly the same as mine so yep RX3/3S/4 EFI and abs etc

Old 10-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #167

OK, probably best if you bring the tool and mail it to me from somewhere in the US. How do you want me to pay for it? Send me a PM so we can work this out.

Peter Y.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
OK, probably best if you bring the tool and mail it to me from somewhere in the US. How do you want me to pay for it? Send me a PM so we can work this out.

Peter Y.
All sorted I’ll send from CA or Vegas etc

Old 10-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #169

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an RX-4. I had an RX-3 and enjoyed it. The CSC website says the 80/20 tires will work on the aluminum rims. Would this work for gravel roads and easy dirt? I really like the tubeless tire idea.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #170

Thumbs Up Finally We Get Informative Post

After waiting for weeks, I was finally able to get and read some very informative information regarding the 2020 RX4.
Working_ZS wrote a very detailed and glowing description of the RX4.
And he wasn’t afraid to mention a few short comings of the bike. And from his description it sounds as if the RX4’s quality and construction is approaching the industry’s standards. A big improvement over the RX3!
I also like his attached photos.
I may have to visit Azusa so that I can test ride the RX4. And I’ll be watching this Forum for more detailed postings on the RX4.
ZS, thanks for your information.
PCG

Old 10-27-2019, 03:56 PM   #171

Good Looking Bike

I really like the looks of the RX4 motorcycle, and the size, horsepower, and torque are good too. But I don’t like the weight of this off road motorcycle.
What do you think the overall weight of this bike would be if the luggage, luggage racks and the crash bars were removed? Also do you know if the bike could be purchased without the luggage, luggage racks and crash bars?
It would serve my use better without the extra accessories and the lighter weight for my cross country riding. There is a lot of interesting, fun and exciting territory nearby for my travels. I’ll have to check in with CSC and see what they can answer or do?
PCG

Old 10-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an RX-4. I had an RX-3 and enjoyed it. The CSC website says the 80/20 tires will work on the aluminum rims. Would this work for gravel roads and easy dirt? I really like the tubeless tire idea.
Yes, the stock tires will work fine on gravel and easy dirt. Now in the case of the dirt, should it rain and turn said dirt into mud, then you'll be a tad screwed. FYI - the stock tire sizes are:

Front: 110/80R19

Rear: 150/70R17

Note the 'R', signifying radial, not bias ply tires. I don't know if it would make much difference if one were to put bias ply tires on, but I thought that it bore mentioning, just in case.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #173

430 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
...What do you think the overall weight of this bike would be if the luggage, luggage racks and the crash bars were removed? Also do you know if the bike could be purchased without the luggage, luggage racks and crash bars?...
I weighed mine; with the optional Tourfella top case, it's mounting rack, the CSC skid plate, and a full to the brim gas tank, and got 470 lbs. Minus the case and it's rack, and assuming that you remove the crash bars after purchase (they're included in the base price for the bike, you'll probably be looking at 430 lbs. fully fueled.

You can get the RX4 without any luggage, but the crash bars are part of the base package. So you would have to remove them yourself, if you feel that you don't need them. I can vouch for their effectiveness when it comes to dropping the bike, however, and would recommend retaining them. They come in handy for other things as well, such as auxiliary light mounting; and as leg perches, that let you rest you legs on them for stretching and changing up position during long rides.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1959 View Post
Did you notice any difference in wind protection with the adjustable windscreen?
It gives more protection than the RX3 in the full up position. I have not tried the full down position yet, although I think it is possible that it could be quieter, due to your helmet hitting cleaner, less turbulent airflow. But I don't know this for sure. With the stock seat and the wind screen full up, I have just a bit of the slipstream hitting the top of my helmet. I'm 5'9" and have a 29" inseam, so tall in the torso, if that helps you any. Wind protection overall, by both the wind screen and front cowling, is good.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #175

Head Scratching Owners and Riders of CSC RX4

Single cylinder motorcycle vibrations:
At what engine rpms and highway speeds does the single cylinder engine of the RX4 create hard vibrations that make the rear view mirrors vibrate so much that the rider can not see much behind. My BMW G310GS has this problem when I’m riding at certain speeds.
I want to know if you can cruise at WHAT SPEED on the highways and still be able to view traffic in the bikes rear view mirrors. I’m hoping that if you’re cruising at 60 mph in 5th or 6th gear the mirror images are not vibrating and ruining the rear view.
Please explain in detail how to avoid rear view mirror blurring.
Thanks,
PCG

Old 10-30-2019, 05:18 AM   #176

Just add some bar end weights/fill the bars with lead shot, it will dampen the frequency that they vibrate at.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #177

Head Scratching Center-stand for the rx4

When I do oil drain and filter change I like to have my bike standing straight up. With the very short side stand on the RX4 it’s difficult to reach oil change parts, get a complete oil drain and clean things up. I’ve been looking for a center stand for the RX4 but couldn’t find one, and I can’t find any threaded bolt holes on both sides of the swingarm for adding spools for a trackstand supports.
I also like my bike to be steadily supported upright while adding or removing parts, during valve adjusting, modifications and checking alignments.
Without a center stand, a longer/taller side stand, or a well connected/supportive trackstand the RX4 bike is too unstable doing major work.
What’s your suggestions?
PCG

Old 10-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #178

I've never noticed a vibration problem at any speed, so I don't have any detail for you. It's just not bad enough that I ever even noticed it at any speed.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #179

Thumbs Up RX4 Tall Seat Set

Have any of you owners of the 2020 RX4 purchased, borrowed, or tried out the RX4 tall black seat set? The seat height of the oem RX3/RX4 seat set is 31.9”. The seat height of the TALL SEAT is 33.5”. Can you riders reach the ground easily when sitting on your RX4 with the TALL SEAT installed? What is the rider’s height necessary to reach the ground safely while sitting on the TALL SEAT.
I’m tall and hoping the TALL SEAT will give me more leg room, instead of trying to find foot peg lower adapters. Also when lowering the foot pegs you reduce cornering clearance.
PCG

Old 10-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
When I do oil drain and filter change I like to have my bike standing straight up. With the very short side stand on the RX4 it’s difficult to reach oil change parts, get a complete oil drain and clean things up. I’ve been looking for a center stand for the RX4 but couldn’t find one, and I can’t find any threaded bolt holes on both sides of the swingarm for adding spools for a trackstand supports.
I also like my bike to be steadily supported upright while adding or removing parts, during valve adjusting, modifications and checking alignments.
Without a center stand, a longer/taller side stand, or a well connected/supportive trackstand the RX4 bike is too unstable doing major work.
What’s your suggestions?
PCG
At this point, I suggest waiting to see what CSC comes up with, in regards to a center stand. They know that it is a very popular feature on the RX3, so I suspect that they are working on a solution for the RX4, though I don't know this for sure. You may want to give them a call or shoot them an email and ask if they are designing one for the RX4.