Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2019, 11:21 PM   #196

Head Scratching Slow Sales and Not Many Owners?

I’m really surprised by the low number of RX4 bike owners posting on this RX4 thread. I kept hearing how popular the RX4 is, and how many were being sold.
And I kept being told how many were being ordered by CSC and how many were being purchased. Have the large shipments of the RX4’s ordered by CSC actually arrived in the U.S.A.Yet? And are the RX4 bikes actually being sold in larger numbers?
Does anyone actually know how many RX4 have been Sold by CSC? And how many are available for sale at CSC’s dealership? And does anyone know how many more RX4’s are on their way by ship from China?
Good luck!
PCG

Old 11-08-2019, 11:50 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I’m really surprised by the low number of RX4 bike owners posting on this RX4 thread. I kept hearing how popular the RX4 is, and how many were being sold.
And I kept being told how many were being ordered by CSC and how many were being purchased. Have the large shipments of the RX4’s ordered by CSC actually arrived in the U.S.A.Yet? And are the RX4 bikes actually being sold in larger numbers?
Does anyone actually know how many RX4 have been Sold by CSC? And how many are available for sale at CSC’s dealership? And does anyone know how many more RX4’s are on their way by ship from China?
Good luck!
PCG
Perhaps not everyone is on this site. I pick mine up Wednesday.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #198

I have had mine for about 2 weeks.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #199

It's Only Been A Month And Winter Is Coming

Quote:
Good luck!
PCG
I've had mine roughly three weeks. It will be the same or less for other RX4 owners, and not all are located in areas where they can ride year round. The weather is already in the 20-30's F here in the midwest, and not many people ride in that kind of weather, so you probably won't here from a lot of buyers until spring. Having said that, I don't expect the RX4 to sell in RX3 numbers, due to the fact that the RX3 has filled a lot of the small bike demand for the time being with riders who don't have any hang ups against Chinese bikes. Those that do have probably got Versys x300's or CRF250L Rally's. It will take time for those bikes to wear out or be sold off, so expect a slow burn instead of the wave of bikes that sold when the RX3 first appeared. Plus, this bike is almost twice the price of the 2015 RX3's that sold for US $2895, when CSC ran their "Don't Miss The Boat" special introductory price. The RX4 is still tremendous value at it's current MSRP, but it is still a pretty big ask for a lot of people nowadays.

Regarding CSC's sales figures, no, I don't have a clue as to how many RX4's that they have imported, sold, or currently have in stock. I'm pretty sure that they will keep that information pretty close to their vests, since they don't want competitors to know it. All the manufacturers are pretty much the same way. Asking for sales data is like pulling teeth, except pulling teeth is easier.

Old 11-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #200

Head Scratching No New Owners???

I’ve been watching for NEW RX4 owners to post on this site to express their joy for their NEW RX4. I haven’t seen any NEW postings, so I guess that all the buyers have received the new bikes. I was hoping that there would be a lot more new RX4 buyer/owners.
I’ll keep watching.
PCG

Old 11-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #201

Too busy riding the RX4, no time to post about it. Just turned over 500 miles so I did the first oil change. Same process like the RX3. Take out drain plug, take out strainers, take out and replace the filter. I have their after market aluminum skid plate. It has a hole designed in it below the oil drain plug. I did not remove the skid plate to drain the old oil. Yes, some did spill on the inside of the skid plate and even on the exhaust, but most drained out of the hole as designed. I just wiped it off best I could when the job was done. Much easier than removing the skid plate. After 500 miles of daily commuting use, all is good. It is a nice bike.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #202

I think that more RX4 owners will post elsewhere. Adventure Rider has an active RX4 group. China Riders...not so much.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I think that more RX4 owners will post elsewhere. Adventure Rider has an active RX4 group. China Riders...not so much.
I have requested setting up a RX4 section. Hopefully it will get set up soon.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #204

I rode my RX-4 back from Azusa in a two day run Wed-Thu last week. When I spec'd the bike out, I put everything on it that was available. I'm very glad that I upgraded the seat, to the Seat Concepts version. I've had SC seats on other bikes and have never been disappointed. The Apollo heated grips were another upgrade that is worth its weight.

The bike ran fine during the trip, I put 390 miles on it, taking secondary highways back to Las Vegas. My other bike is a 317lb Honda CB300R. It took a minute getting used to the extra 100 plus pounds. I'm already planning a trip to Phoenix and Tucson for later this month, or the first of next month.

I don't intend to use this on the dirt that much, gravel or smooth dirt. I think this is the touring bike I've been looking for. My experience at CSC was great! Everybody is very helpful and friendly. I'd like to get a TT250 and a San Gabriel sometime.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:11 PM   #205

Just trying to keep the RX4 thread alive. I am in So Cal and there has been some rain and I have had some time in hospital, so not much riding. Now the weather is clear and I am feeling good and have almost 1000 miles on the RX4. It is a blast to ride, decent power and brakes combined with good on road manners. If it was 50 pounds lighter and had smoother delivery of power at the lower RPM range, it would be the unicorn we are all looking for. It really is a great bike for the money.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #206

Any new RX4 updates from the owners???

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #207

Not Many New Owners

You’re correct. Not many new owners. This size bike and engine doesn’t seem very popular on this website. But the 250cc bike’s seem a lot more popular! I think CSC should dump the RX4 single cylinder and bring in the twin cylinder model.
Good Luck.
PCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Any new RX4 updates from the owners???

Old 01-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #208

I am of the opinion that the 450cc thumper is a tried and true engine, making it a good pick for Zongshen and CSC. Asiawing, among others, has put it in their dirtbikes for several years. That being said, a twin would have made it more unique, and possibly attractive, provided the twin engine was well-sorted out.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #209

Been RX4 commuting to work every day in January here in SoCal. About 1500 miles on the RX4. It has been great. Hoping to find some time this spring for a "fun" ride. Still have my RX3 also. It has about 25,000 trouble free miles on it. I take it out once a week for fun. It seems so small and light and under powered now that I am used to the RX4.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #210

Patience

Quote:
You’re correct. Not many new owners. This size bike and engine doesn’t seem very popular on this website. But the 250cc bike’s seem a lot more popular! I think CSC should dump the RX4 single cylinder and bring in the twin cylinder model.
Good Luck.
PCG
I don't think it is a question of popularity, it's just that a lot of folks here on ChinaRiders already have perfectly good RX3s, and either don't see the need to upgrade, or cannot justify the expense at the moment. Also, there is the question of garage space; many, if not all of us, do not have enough. It gets hard trying to find space for yet another motorcycle - ask me how I know this! I'm sure that if CSC were giving RX4s away, everyone would be in line for one. As it stands, they're not, so we have to wait for the few of us who have upgraded to report in on what they have experienced so far.

Mine is still sitting in the garage, on a Battery Tender. I did manage to get a set of low cost ($20, with free shipping) hand guards from AliExpress fitted. There was a problem with interference with the stock clutch lever, initially, but as luck would have it, I also found a set of adjustable RX4/RX3S (not for the RX3) levers for $20 on AliExpress as well. They fit perfectly, well, at least the clutch lever does - I didn't use the brake lever, as it is already adjustable from the factory. One little niggle is that the boss on the lever that actuates the clutch micro switch does not actually engage the switch, it sits a couple of millimeters from it. I am going to bond a piece of aluminum to it, to act as a filler, in order to bridge the gap and make it function as it should.

On the to do list - I still need to get a set of AuxBeam auxiliary lights installed and wired up. I also bought a set of the cast aluminum tubeless wheels during the CSC Black Friday sale, that I need to get fitted up with a $40 TPMS that I got off of, yep, you guessed it, AliExpress. I also have a set of Shinko 705s that I will be mounting on them, as well. I'll keep the CST tires on the stock wheels for now. Another project is new foam and carbon fiber look upholstering for the stock seat pan. I've got the fabric and foam, just have not had the time to get it done. Every time I think I'll be able to get something done, one of the cars needs attention. Yesterday, it was emergency body repairs with a cutting torch, a large pair of Channel Lock pliers and a whole roll of Gorilla tape - the aftermath of getting clipped in my driver side rear quarter panel by a semi that tried to pass me on the left, in an intersection, while I was attempting to turn left. It is good to know that you don't have to be on a motorcycle, in order to get run over on the road in this day and age.

For those of you dying for more info on the RX4, I say be patient, spring is around the corner. We'll be able to tell you more when the weather breaks, for those of us up north. There is an update from an RX4 owner on YouTube, posted in early January: