Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2024, 09:36 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
I’m amazed at how well MaxPro/XPro packages these things and how good a job R+L Carriers did getting it to me birthmark free. I too have the aftermarket shifter recommended by Mike Festiva. I also purchased an RK natural chain (120 links) and a 16 tooth countersprocket. Interestingly, the rear wheel bearings were well greased and the front wheel bearings were bone dry. Thus, I repacked them and then tightened the spokes. This weekend I’ll adjust the valves, change to Rotella T4, do a few heat cycles and an initial break-in, then I’ll probably balance the wheels.
Attachment 31401
I think it was only a matter of time that the days of shoddy packaging these bikes and the resulting claims and associated costs forced them to package them up to proper standards to save money in the long run.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-09-2024, 04:56 PM   #77

Update: fuel mileage stats

On last fill-up I put in .75 gallon and it went 50 miles which translates to approx 67 miles per gallon. The bike holds 1.5 gallons so she should be good for 100 miles to dry, plan to fill-up around 80 miles i'd say to be on the safe side

Old 05-09-2024, 09:01 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Update: fuel mileage stats

On last fill-up I put in .75 gallon and it went 50 miles which translates to approx 67 miles per gallon. The bike holds 1.5 gallons so she should be good for 100 miles to dry, plan to fill-up around 80 miles i'd say to be on the safe side
Those are the exact same figures I'm getting on my Vader 150. Wouldn't surprise me if they both use the same engines.
I did put on a 19t front sprocket, and aftermarket intake and exhaust.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:14 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Those are the exact same figures I'm getting on my Vader 150. Wouldn't surprise me if they both use the same engines.
I did put on a 19t front sprocket, and aftermarket intake and exhaust.
They probably do, although i couldn't imagine being able to fit a 19T front, that and it would have sluggishness, even with the 17T it couldn't handle even slight inclines

Old 05-10-2024, 08:00 AM   #80

I’m wondering if I’ll have to go with a 15t front sprocket. I purchased the 16t, but I want a mix between road friendliness (can “comfortably” hit 45-50 mph) with trail friendliness.

Old 05-10-2024, 08:03 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
I’m wondering if I’ll have to go with a 15t front sprocket. I purchased the 16t, but I want a mix between road friendliness (can “comfortably” hit 45-50 mph) with trail friendliness.
The 16T will fit that bill fine, but experiment and see what works best for the riding you do

Old 05-10-2024, 01:39 PM   #82

Quote:
The 16T will fit that bill fine, but experiment and see what works best for the riding you do
I also think the 16T will be the best choice, seems to be the sweet spot for the bike. On another thought, I can’t be the only one that can’t get the kickstart lever tight enough to not rattle? XPRO sent me a replacement and it was the the same fit. Tried squeezing them in a vice but both seemed to be hardened. I have it off right now because I don’t like it vibrating on the shaft and probably don’t need anyhow. BTW EXPRO was excellent in there fast response! My thoughts…

Old 05-10-2024, 11:07 PM   #83

Quote:
They probably do, although i couldn't imagine being able to fit a 19T front, that and it would have sluggishness, even with the 17T it couldn't handle even slight inclines
Not sure, my current 1st gear is somewhat like a stock second gear.
If it can't pull a gear, just downshift. You can do that in any gear but first.
It does lose a bit of top speed up a bridge, but not much. Pulls just fine to 7k rpm, but rather sluggish to 7.5k rpm.

Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM   #84

Anyone else have an issue getting the rear brake lever to be level with the foot peg? It's impossible unless you take some material off of the brake lever arm.

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #85

I’m not at home around the bike, but looking at my pictures it does appear to be a bit lower. I guess I didn’t notice it to much.

Old Today, 11:56 AM   #86

Ride and performance report

After finishing prep of the bike out of the crate this past Friday and doing a 30 mile break in on the road, adjusting the rear shock, and installing my RK chain, I rode her Saturday and Sunday in the woods/trails and on the road and I am thoroughly impressed with what you get for the money. It absolutely performs comparable to other Japanese bikes in the same class.

Cruises easily at 45-50, top speed currently estimated to be @ 60 mph, though I’m trying to keep the RPMs under 8K right now. The 16t front sprocket really is the sweet spot for me, as there is plenty of low-end torque left in first gear for woods and trail riding yet I can achieve 55 mph quite easily on a flat road without maxing out the engine.

My nephew and I had a great time yesterday; I was on the DLX and he was on his 2023 KLX140. The performance is somewhat comparable with the KLX, but the pilot jet is a just a tad lean on the DLX as I have that classic “decel pop”. It probably needs a 38 instead of a 35 pilot jet, but it had no off-idle bog or any flat spots in the throttle range. The stock carb actually runs pretty good once it’s warmed up for a few minutes.
Super happy!

Last edited by Dusman; Today at 02:27 PM.