Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2023, 09:11 PM   #1

Templar x vs Titan vs rxb 250l

Pluses and minuses of them? I am torn on which one is going to be right for my 20 street 80 dirt riding. Max speed limit is 55 mph. Dirt is usually single track with some faster fire roads.

Old 04-17-2023, 06:47 PM   #2

I'll bite. The X-Pro Titan has the 223 CC overhead cam engine, doesn't it? The RXB250L and I believe also the Templar have the 249cc overhead cam engine which is slightly more powerful and also includes a 6th gear. In exchange, you lose the kick start.

The Templar and RXB are ostensibly pretty similar to each other, however Orion seems to spec their units from the OEM in a slightly higher trim and the RXB has adjustable front suspension and a louder "race" exhaust. The current (2022+) models are also fuel injected. The RXB is thus the most dirt-bikey of these three.

I have one of the now apparently previous generation RXB's, a 2021, which still has a carb. The Templar X and RXB share an engine, the Zongshen ZS172FMM-5.

Old 04-17-2023, 07:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer13k View Post
Pluses and minuses of them? I am torn on which one is going to be right for my 20 street 80 dirt riding. Max speed limit is 55 mph. Dirt is usually single track with some faster fire roads.
Forget the Titan (14hp). Yes, both the others have the counterbalanced ZS172FMM (249cc). And Templar X has fully adjustable front AND rear suspension (compression and rebound damping adjustment).
The RXB adds EFI and real breakaway levers. Nice.
If that's worth $1000 to you, go for it.

Old 04-17-2023, 10:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Forget the Titan (14hp). Yes, both the others have the counterbalanced ZS172FMM (249cc). And Templar X has fully adjustable front AND rear suspension (compression and rebound damping adjustment).
The RXB adds EFI and real breakaway levers. Nice.
If that's worth $1000 to you, go for it.
Trivial point but the Titan's OHC 223cc engine produces 16 hp, not 14 like the Hawk's 229cc pushrod engine.

To the OP, I like the Templar X bang for the buck in this case.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:22 AM   #5

Thanks guys, I am really learning towards the templar. EFI is nice but not need here in the flat lands.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Trivial point but the Titan's OHC 223cc engine produces 16 hp, not 14 like the Hawk's 229cc pushrod engine.

To the OP, I like the Templar X bang for the buck in this case.
Duly noted. 16hp is more than 14. Titan is a pretty good deal! I guess it is the OHC cam version. Definitely an improvement over the CG pushrod clone (which is, as I said, very dependable).

Personally, I won't ever buy a crate bike with EFI, but none of these bikes have it. Most people do OK with EFI from China, but there is no dealership to take the Chinese "junk" to if it fails and you can't figure it out!

It isn't junk, but that is what they will imply while they deny you service, and it is a $2000 paperweight if it doesn't work!

Last edited by Thumper; 04-18-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Old 04-18-2023, 01:07 PM   #7

I have both, the Orion is last years version with the 250cc and carb and the suspension is a little stiffer, little better brakes, and the exhaust is a little bigger for more flow. The tank is bigger and the seat is harder! The Templar is a little nicer to ride as it is a little lower and has more low end torque and nicer seat. When you want to wail and act 12 years old for a few moments, then the Orion is better. The cat on the Templar escaped and in a drag race the Orion will inch on by on top end, which is darn close to 80 mph. Both bikes have been re geared with the Templar geared higher. Can't go wrong with either one.