Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #1

Richmond BC, auction bikes, etc

http://www.timelinesales.com/BCSafetyCouncil.htm

Bankruptcy Auction

BC Safety Council
A Motorcycle Training Facility
Saturday, November 28th 10am
2225-21331 Gordon Way, Richmond BC (MAP)
Preview: Friday, November 27th 9-4

Motorcycles & Equipment: 31 motorcycles - 9 2004-2006 Yamaha XV250 Viragos; 5 2002-2004 Suzuki GS500’s; 3 2002-2005 Kawasaki BN125 Eliminators; 14 2001-2007 Honda CG125 & 150 Titans (Hondas are for training or off street use only); all motorcycles extremely well maintained with low kms, some as low as 5,000 kms; 2002 Ford Girardin diesel bus (2003 conversion) for 7 passengers & 2 wheelchairs w/ wheelchair power lift & 135,000 kms; 2005 Interstate 24’x8’6” T/A toy hauler trailer Model# ICC10224TA3; 1989 Ford E-350 diesel cube van w/ 14’ box, roll up door, tow package & 226,000 kms; Plus: quantity of spare parts & tires; repair manuals; helmets; safety gear; pylons; tools; motorcycle jack; compressor; chargers; 2 wheel dollies; vise; shelving units & much more. Office & Training: 4 Panasonic & Epson LCD ceiling mount projectors; IBM & Dell notebooks; Nikon D-70 SLR digital camera w/ flash & telephoto attachments; ZR45 digital video camera; 6 blackberries; LCD monitors; Pentium 4 computers; Plantronics headsets; Polycom conference phone;all-in-one laser systems; APC UPS back-ups; tradeshow banner systems; matching desk suites with overshelves; 2 complete training rooms with teaching aids; A/V cart; Sony rear projection television; folding tables; stacking chairs; filing cabinets; binding equipment; laminator; executive, task & operator chairs; shelving units; office supplies; fridge; potted plants & more.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #2

I wonder what happened to the Safety Council? Drop in ridership or bad management?

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 11-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #3

My guess is part B with some help from part A.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #4

Or it could be formally government 'sponsored' and it is government sponsored no more, hence, no money..

Old 11-28-2009, 02:48 AM   #5

Well apparently the motorcycle safety portion of BC Safety Council was sustainable, but the rest of it wasn't and took out the motorcycle portion with it.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #6

Wow... What can I say... My first live auction will be my last.

Can you believe they sold some guy a motorcycle jack that costs under $60 brand new (currently and frequently on sale, exact same one), well used, scuffed up, etc, for $130 + 12% + tax?!

They were selling older used laptops for more then what you could go to futureshop and buy a better new one for.

They were selling used cracked up helmets for up to $60.

The bikes in the ad for the auction were said to have low Km's, but that wasn't the case with most of them. The Viragos sold for more then the GS500's!

I would say the GS500 was the only thing there with a reasonable price. The price for those was 2 @ $2150, 1 @ $2000, and 2 @ $1650(the best deal, but you had to buy 2). I wouldn't say that these were great deals, aside from the $1650, these are pretty high mileage bikes, with a lot of training school use, and marks. Still though these ones were reasonable prices, and the best deal I saw.

The eliminators went for $1250.

The 6 Titan 150's went for $1350, even though they aren't street legal.

The auction crew told people that you would be able to use the Titan 125's on the road, in disagreement with what Teach said (I'm siding with Teach on this one), they sold for $2000 and $1500. With a parts bike going at $500.

The amount of money fetched for Misc Software I found hard to understand, giving the software is all extremely old, out of date and obsolete. And the fact that software licenses are NON transferable.

There were a few small ticket items in the office supply section that was a good deal, but nothing too noteworthy.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #7

I've been involved in a few of these as well, and the liquidation people will tell you anything you want to hear. Every sale is final and they will be gone the next day, so whom are you going to complain to? You are stuck.

Did they get right down to the toilet paper? I've seen that, as well as light switch covers, light bulbs, and a box of pencils.

Fun stuff indeed.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #8

Sometimes there are "deals" to be had you have to "strategy buy". The auctioneers know this and it requires you to keep on your toes. Usually the first 1-5 items go for a deal as the auctioneer warms up the crowd. Then midway through, as people become bored (the noise level goes up), maybe another 2, or 3 slip through. Unless there is something really important to you coming up you can go home now. OK, now is the time to "hit it". Determine your best price for what you are trying to buy, and as the auctioneer starts high, slowly reducing the start bid, stop him at YOUR final price (don't wait for the lowest price), it will either work, or it won't (meaning: there is someone else there that is "hot" on what you want, good luck to them).

There is no shame in coming home empty handed from an auction.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #9

Don't blame the auctioneers. It's their job to get the most they can for the people that hire them.
Blame the idiots who don't know what things are worth, or the value of a dollar.
Those auctions frustrate me.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y
Don't blame the auctioneers. It's their job to get the most they can for the people that hire them.
Blame the idiots who don't know what things are worth, or the value of a dollar.
Those auctions frustrate me.
Exactly... But I was shocked when they started the bidding for that $60 jack off at $300!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #11

I remember our moderator who left under mysterious conditions 8O , Iron Fist, told tales of going through a training course with many of the trainees going down on their bikes!