Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtell
The Tach is electrical, I checked the connections. But yesterday this happened (look at the tach needle):
[img]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K.../s640/Tach.jpg
[/img]
Needle? What needle? :roll: Disregarding your tachometer problems, your bike certainly has a nice instrument cluster. Does the fuel gauge work?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #197

So, to bring everything up to date:
This is an email that I sent to Massimo, who forwarded it to Jessie at Yingang:

Here is an update on the major parts of my bike that have not or do not work on my bike:
• Tachometer - this morning the indicator fell, off, but it has never worked, I have attached a picture.
• Speedometer - The hub on the wheel was messed-up and the "fingers" bent, above 60KM/H the needle moves backwards instead of giving the correct KP/H. I have attached a picture.
• Never had a battery strap, made on out of zip-ties.

I would like to get replacements for these 3 items.

On the minor side:
• Headlamp went out - ordered and replaced bulb ($6).
• Brake light went out - replaced bulb ($5).
• Turn signals quit working, replaced with electronic flasher ($9).
• Side kick-stand was missing nut, caused bike to fall over, scratched up all of the guards on the left side.
• Tank was missing bolt (replaced).
• The racks were missing bolts (replaced).
• The seat had the wrong bolt in it, I replaced it with a correct one (replaced).
• Gas gauge quit working, but I re-set the ground, it now works correctly.
• Chrome exhaust is blueing terribly around the catalytic converter, would be nice if the exhaust were black.

I have almost 900 kilometers on the bike and enjoy riding it very much. Lots of people seem interested in it. I understand there is a dealer in Newnan, Ga that now carries Yingang bikes.

Would be more enjoyable if the Tach and Speedo actually worked correctly. :(

That was yesterday, today Jessie emailed me back from Yingang and they are sending out replacements for the guage cluster, the speedo drive and the battery strap.

Much better that I expected, very impressed! Thanks Massimo and Yingang!

Now if I could get my hands on the black exhaust with the heat shields....

Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
The Tach is electrical, I checked the connections. But yesterday this happened (look at the tach needle):
[img]
[/img]
Needle? What needle? :roll: Disregarding your tachometer problems, your bike certainly has a nice instrument cluster. Does the fuel gauge work?

Spud
When I got it, it did not. But after working trying to get the tach working, I tightened the ground and now the fuel gauge does work!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #199

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
[img]
[/img]

Spud
When I got it, it did not. But after working trying to get the tach working, I tightened the ground and now the fuel gauge does work!
I'm very pleased to hear Yingang is sending you replacement parts for the gauge cluster, the speedometer drive and the battery strap!

I'm sorry to report many Chinese motorcycles have quality control issues involving loose hardware. :roll: Nevertheless, I still think you got a pretty good deal on a nice motorcycle! Thank you for reporting the good customer service from Yingang.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #200

>Spud - Thanks! I expected a few issues going in. Did not expect such a quick reply on replacements.

It is a good bike as a commuter. The saddle bags hold what I need them to. It is comfortable. Once I get ALL of the issues corrected (including the lean condition and a taller gear), I'll take it on a longer ride!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #201

It'll be great once it's all dialed in. It's my position that our Chinese friends do the rough-in, and we do the details.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
It'll be great once it's all dialed in. It's my position that our Chinese friends do the rough-in, and we do the details.
Besides, I'm repaying China the money that the US owes them, one bike at a time!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
That looks like a clutch cable and the location that it connects to the lever on the engine case.
LOL what was I thinking?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #204

Quote:

Here is an update on the major parts of my bike that have not or do not work on my bike:
• Tachometer - this morning the indicator fell, off, but it has never worked, I have attached a picture.
• Speedometer - The hub on the wheel was messed-up and the "fingers" bent, above 60KM/H the needle moves backwards instead of giving the correct KP/H. I have attached a picture.

On the minor side:
• Side kick-stand was missing nut, caused bike to fall over, scratched up all of the guards on the left side.
• The seat had the wrong bolt in it, I replaced it with a correct one (replaced).
• Chrome exhaust is blueing terribly around the catalytic converter, would be nice if the exhaust were black.

I have almost 900 kilometers on the bike and enjoy riding it very much. Lots of people seem interested in it. I understand there is a dealer in Newnan, Ga that now carries Yingang bikes.

That was yesterday, today Jessie emailed me back from Yingang and they are sending out replacements for the guage cluster, the speedo drive and the battery strap.

Do you have a link,email,or phone number for the dealer in GA?I'm seriously considering one of two bikes that Yingang/Mossimo distribute in the US.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
Quote:

On the minor side:

Do you have a link,email,or phone number for the dealer in GA?I'm seriously considering one of two bikes that Yingang/Mossimo distribute in the US.
Supplied by Oengus:

http://smfcycles.com/shop/

Which ones are you considering?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #206

Yingang YG200-2F,MSD200,MSD200B,MSD-35

I really like the Q link XP200.I was trying to buy Barnone's XF200,but things got pushed back and then I had auto repairs come up.I'm a Suzuki lover, so that along with the XP200's 18/21 tire combo, really got me liking it.I've got four street bikes.I'm ready for a on/off road bike to explore some of these gravel roads around me.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #207

They advertise that bike with a 163FML, if you go to the Yingang site and check the engine specs, you see it is actually a 205 version. With a 63.5x65 bore and stroke, the cubage is actually almost 206cc.

They rate it with 11.5kw @8000rpm that’s 15.65hp. That’s not bad.

Yingang also has a 169FML that is an over head cam that has 16.32hp @9500 rpm. Its only a 198cc a bit smaller but also bit more powerful.

http://www.yingangmotor.com/product/...ail.aspx?id=23

If you like these bikes, your in luck it seems they are importing allot of them, in a variety of models and most with the 163FML also two models with the 170mm, that is a powerful 250cc with nearly 26hp. (NX250)

Get the model codes and google them it is the best way to find them…..http://www.yingangusa.com/

Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #208

Thanks for the info.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #209

So the saga continues...
• Blinkers and Brake light quit again. The flasher was broken, when shaken in rattled. Had my Father-in-law check for shorts, but everything was good. Replaced the brake light and the flasher. He had an idea to mount the flasher in foam, so I got a dense piece of packing and we drilled a hole into it and mounted it under the seat (you can see the original mount at the bottom):

Seems to be working fine, but my brake light quit again this morning...considering an 1157 or equivalent LED bulb that might withstand the vibes.

Also, I had to remove the front brush guard.. the weld at the top came apart and the metal braces on it came off. I re-welded it and am in the process of repainting. I'll post pics on this later.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #210

That foam mount is an excellent idea. Have you considered an LED tail light? I picked one up for just a few dollars on eBay, including shipping. I mount items like that with rubber plumbing washers between the part and the frame for a little cushion.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer