Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
doh, forgot about odometer being in KM. I guess I'll to revise down my gas mileage calculation... will have to double check odometer units against my cell phone gps speedometer.
I've been running over a lot of dirt and rock, plus a wide range of rpms, so when I filled my tank for the first time last night, I got something close to 50 mpg, based on the odometer's kilometer reading. I fully expect that to come up when I install the 17T sprocket and settle in to more normal riding patterns.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 07-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #1307

I just got my copper tt last week. dropped shipped right at my garage door. The driver was great, very cooperative and friendly. He was opening up the top of the carton before me to get a look. He asked several times how much it cost me. I had zero problems getting it titled and registered here in PA. Taxes, plates, inspection, and notary fee set me back $300.00. If you ever need a good place to do your notary in southwestern PA on a china bike Schrec's Autobody is the place to go. One place wanted me to trace the vin etc.

I went over the bike and everything seemed tight, it started right up after I figured out the choke, simple actually but hard to see the choke lever. The bike also shifted very smoothly. Does anyone know is the speedo right? I heard they were not right initially. The yellow indicates MPH and the white indicates KPH.

Overall very impressed with the bike, and the fine paper work at CSC, Good job Sara!!!

I have had a lot of compliments on the bike and many questions as well. It was a good deal for the money!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman52 View Post
I just got my copper tt last week. dropped shipped right at my garage door. The driver was great, very cooperative and friendly. He was opening up the top of the carton before me to get a look. He asked several times how much it cost me. I had zero problems getting it titled and registered here in PA. Taxes, plates, inspection, and notary fee set me back $300.00. If you ever need a good place to do your notary in southwestern PA on a china bike Schrec's Autobody is the place to go. One place wanted me to trace the vin etc.

I went over the bike and everything seemed tight, it started right up after I figured out the choke, simple actually but hard to see the choke lever. The bike also shifted very smoothly. Does anyone know is the speedo right? I heard they were not right initially. The yellow indicates MPH and the white indicates KPH.

Overall very impressed with the bike, and the fine paper work at CSC, Good job Sara!!!

I have had a lot of compliments on the bike and many questions as well. It was a good deal for the money!
Glad to hear that it's all working well!

I agree about the choke lever, it's in a sorta inconvenient location. I wonder if it could be extended for easier access.

Speedometer have seemed to be pretty good or slightly lower reading tha true speed. They do read in mph primarily. However, the odometer is in km, so keep that in mind as you're running it in and keeping track of mileage.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #1309

The bike must be geared very low, i did not go over 40 mph. Someone mentioned the suspension seemed soft, definately not the case with my bike, it is firm, which surprised me, suitable for what the tt is built for, on and off road.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman52 View Post
The bike must be geared very low, i did not go over 40 mph. Someone mentioned the suspension seemed soft, definately not the case with my bike, it is firm, which surprised me, suitable for what the tt is built for, on and off road.
Check your front sprocket. Some (maybe half or so?) of these came with the 15 tooth front sprocket instead of 17 tooth. Mine was one of these, and when I called CSC, they immediately said they'd ship one out, no charge. I won't argue, I'm glad to have both! To be honest, even if they weren't willing to send one, I'd gladly buy one for the list price of less than 3 bucks.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:45 AM   #1311

Hey guys. New member here. Been watching this thread for awhile as i awaited my tt 250. Just got it july 18th. Took it out of the box, inspected all the bolts and none seemed loose. Filled up with 87 octane and she had a hard time starting first go around. Idle was too low so i adjusted it. Road it up and down my street still no bolts loose. Next morning i took on an hour commute on the tt 250 to work going 40 mph. Much different in terms of power to my first bike, a ninja 600, but still fun for sure! Ive noticed a rattling sound coming from what i think is the internals of the engine? Is it possible its just gearing not being oiled all the way yet?

Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsixta View Post
Hey guys. New member here. Been watching this thread for awhile as i awaited my tt 250. Just got it july 18th. Took it out of the box, inspected all the bolts and none seemed loose. Filled up with 87 octane and she had a hard time starting first go around. Idle was too low so i adjusted it. Road it up and down my street still no bolts loose. Next morning i took on an hour commute on the tt 250 to work going 40 mph. Much different in terms of power to my first bike, a ninja 600, but still fun for sure! Ive noticed a rattling sound coming from what i think is the internals of the engine? Is it possible its just gearing not being oiled all the way yet?
40 miles? everything is oiled if there is oil in it... these motors are supposed to run with next to no oil however. Also these are noisey motors. Not all hums and muted clicks like an OHC water cooled 4...

Old 07-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #1313

I didnt go too much faster than 40 because at 40 mph is when the rpms got to that point where i heard the rattling. I just want to make sure that its normal since im not used to single cylinders and air cooled bikes. I will probably do any oil change soon on it anyways to Rotella T6

Old 07-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #1314

could be noises from break in, could be loose exhaust or a number of other loose bits.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsixta View Post
Ive noticed a rattling sound coming from what i think is the internals of the engine? Is it possible its just gearing not being oiled all the way yet?
Thanks for mentioning this. I'm not sure if it's because it's the first counter balanced CG motor I've had or what, but it does seem "thrashier" than all the other non-balance shaft CG's I've had. They usually run extremely mechanically quietly. Normally just the singing of the valves happily tapping away.
It has gotten better now that I've hit the 500 mile mark and have changed the oil twice, but it's still noticeably more mechanically noisy than my other non-balanced CG's, so far.

I highly doubt it's anything to worry about. Zongshen makes a mighty fine motor.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #1316

Maybe there is a tensioner for the oil pump drive chain. That might need a little adjustment.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #1317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Maybe there is a tensioner for the oil pump drive chain. That might need a little adjustment.
Does not appear to be according to the CSC tutorial pic.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #1318

Thanks for the pic, 2LZ.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-21-2016, 12:30 PM   #1319

has anyone heard from csc about any plans to do something about the screwball (and seriously out of line) chain guide on the swingarm? I'd like to meet the engineering mo-tard who designed it (yeah right, must have been a hell of a party:(
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
has anyone heard from csc about any plans to do something about the screwball (and seriously out of line) chain guide on the swingarm? I'd like to meet the engineering mo-tard who designed it (yeah right, must have been a hell of a party:(
The Hawk has the same high quality unit. I'm thinking it's generic and will let the chain make its own path. Better than riding on the swingarm I guess.
One of the differences between the 1895.00 TT250 and the 5000.00 Honda 250.

2009 Q Link XP 200