Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 AM   #1

Grin Ssr xf250 Parts questions

I have an ssr xf250, 2015. I ride it as my commuter sometimes and send it off some 10-20 footers maybe bigger, I ride it pretty hard for a china bike. I throw some lil whips on it, ect. (I learned to race and jump on a 1998 kx250) I race district 36 (enduro) in California on the xf. Inevitably i will probably break wheel bearings and axles and blow out my shock. A few questions specifically,
1.) Is almost everything on the “drive train” and rear end comparable and compatible to the TU? Axles, rear shock, rear sprocket, swing arm?
2.) can anyone point me towards front suspension?
3.) I cant race until i get a good exhaust is there a semi legal performance exhaust somebody can point me towards i dont wanna fab too much i want a midpipe that looks like its meant for this bike.
4.) I cant seem to find another pair of nobby for it can somebody recommend some as well?

Some replys would be great thanks everyone i just joined the forum. Sorry for the poor grammar its been a long week idgaf lol

Old 07-27-2018, 03:41 AM   #2

Why can't you find tyres ?.....

do the tyres have to be FIM rated for enduro over there
or can any tyre be used..

anyway.. for enduro I use Golden Tyre..
front GT216 / rear GT230...
for trail riding or very hard surface I change to.. front GT333 / rear Michlin AC10..
I have 3 sets of wheels..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 07-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

Welcome! I'm glad to hear we have another xf250 owner around. I have a 2013 xf250 and there are a few other owners on here occasionally. I have 18,000 miles on mine mainly commuting and fire roads and I have really enjoyed it. There is a lot of info on this bike spread out on this forum so you came to the right place. The engine, trans, and some electrical components are shared with the tu250x which is a good thing. The rest of this bike is something else, I read somewhere once that a semi legit UK motorcycle company designed it.

There are a few places to find replacement and performance parts and they are cheap. If you haven't used one of the Taobao sites (I use Engtaobao.com) then you should get familiar with them as their parts are the cheapest; I have a box of spares in my garage I paid less than $50 for.

For tires the most sensible choices imo are the Kenda 244 or Shinko 700. If you need a more heavy duty nobbie you may want to order a 21" front wheel on Taobao.

Most recently we have been sharing info on a general xf250 thread you can see here, it covers a lot of stuff but most recently one of our members picked up and exhaust kit from Lextec which makes a lot of parts for this bike. Some of their stuff is available on Amazon and some you have to order directly from the UK.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...ighlight=xf250

Here is a recent one where I covered all the parts resources for this bike.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:00 PM   #4

I cant seem to find really good nobbys for them idk why. And there is no tire requirements i would just prefer to have the most traction with more aggressive nobbys. Im gonna look at the one you recommended

Old 07-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Welcome! I'm glad to hear we have another xf250 owner around. I have a 2013 xf250 and there are a few other owners on here occasionally. I have 18,000 miles on mine mainly commuting and fire roads and I have really enjoyed it. There is a lot of info on this bike spread out on this forum so you came to the right place. The engine, trans, and some electrical components are shared with the tu250x which is a good thing. The rest of this bike is something else, I read somewhere once that a semi legit UK motorcycle company designed it.

There are a few places to find replacement and performance parts and they are cheap. If you haven't used one of the Taobao sites (I use Engtaobao.com) then you should get familiar with them as their parts are the cheapest; I have a box of spares in my garage I paid less than $50 for.

For tires the most sensible choices imo are the Kenda 244 or Shinko 700. If you need a more heavy duty nobbie you may want to order a 21" front wheel on Taobao.

Most recently we have been sharing info on a general xf250 thread you can see here, it covers a lot of stuff but most recently one of our members picked up and exhaust kit from Lextec which makes a lot of parts for this bike. Some of their stuff is available on Amazon and some you have to order directly from the UK.

Here is a recent one where I covered all the parts resources for this bike.

Ya this bike is suprisingly powerful with upgrades! More specifically is the front sprocket from a tu 250?

Old 07-28-2018, 02:05 AM   #6

Tu250 front sprockets will work. Various rear sprockets sizes are available on Taobao or Lextec. If you want a more aggressive nobbie go for the Kenda 244 over the Shinko 700.

Tags
exhaust, shocks, sprocket, ssr, ssr xf250